• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gem City’s Oregon district shooting.

solus

10 people have been killed and an unknown number of people have been wounded in the Oregon District shooting at or near Ned Peppers Bar on East Fifth Street in the city of Dayton.

Shooter deceased.

‘We had officers in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly," Dayton Police Department wrote in a tweet.

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
Notice how infrequently potential victims shoot back. Wonder why? The snowflakes are winning.

It’s seasonably warm here, so I will not wear a jacket to church, and I will not expose my pistol. Instead my congregation will wait for our grubby ‘Quick Help’ after the fact cop that’s snuggled in his stinking bed. This is the highth of our tourist season and he is never seen except sitting roadside. Here in Wisconsin where gun carry is easy and legal.

Ghost1958

Supposedly the shooter was killed by police less than a,minute after he opened fire.
Lot of damage done in a matter of seconds.

That's 3 major attacks,in less,than a,week , 5 in the past 8 days.

This,stuff picks up the months approaching every Fed election.

Be plenty more before the 2020 election.

solus

I listened to the cleanly shaved, sharply pressed shirted Dayton PD Assistant Chief, utter his statement of “we had officers congregated in the area...”

Articulated tone was of that of a braggart ~ smug and condescending !

solus

Well coroner’s report is out...
1. Cocaine, alcohol, and psychotropic med found in his system. [wonder why the police or family failed to mention his MH status?]
2. Two of the victims had been hit by police bullets ~ coroner “believes one of them, a female, had already been fatally shot by Betts...”
3. ‘...was probably shot at least 24 times as police tried to stop him, Harshbarger said. Betts had 52 gunshot wounds in his upper and lower torso, but some of them could be exit wounds, the coroner said.” [so which is it..24 or 52 & how could the wounds be both entrance/ and exit?]

PD assistant chief “Biehl said the shooter made two efforts to get back on his feet after being downed by police officers, and that "lethal force" was warranted as long as Betts was still armed.” [so the LEs were judge, jury, and executioners and lost all possibility to discern motive!]

No outside civilian oversight of the LE’s actions or version whatsoever...just a glad hand’n and backslapping amongst the LEs & politicos for being in the right spot at the right time with a gaggle of LEs [nobody has adequately explained the rationale for the gaggle of LEs in the drinking district and SO close to the event] where they were able to react in drawing their service pistols [they did only have sidearm didn’t they?] so quickly [10 secs..] and accurately hit the shooter with upwards of 24, or 52, rounds & only hit two bystanders [already deceased the coroner ‘believes’] in such a testosterone, er adrenaline filled short period of time...

Nawll, the LEs investigated the event themselves and there wasn’t any malfeasance on their part...went down just as they said it did!

KBCraig

3. ‘...was probably shot at least 24 times as police tried to stop him, Harshbarger said. Betts had 52 gunshot wounds in his upper and lower torso, but some of them could be exit wounds, the coroner said.” [so which is it..24 or 52 & how could the wounds be both entrance/ and exit?]

52 holes could come from the "at least" 24 shots, since multiple wounds per shot aren't unusual on the arms and hands.

It would be helpful to know if those wounds were caused by pistol, rifle, or shotgun, or what combination. The CNN report didn't say.

The ethanol isn't a surprise, since they already knew he had been there drinking with his sister and her friends.