• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

German public broadcaster's looking for open carrying women for a TV report

zdf

Dear members,

I'm working for the German Public Broadcaster ZDF. We want to produce a report on female members of the open carry movement. If you would be available for an interview or know someone who might be, please let me know.

You can contact me via mail (mu.washingtonprod1@zdf.de) or tel. (202-333-3909).

Thank you very much in advance!
Kind regards
Frederik

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hello Fredrick!

Generally with both domestic and overseas journalists making these requests, the participants like to see some credentials and previous work before committing.

Would you be willing to provide these?

Thanks!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I would participate as well, but I expect Frederik to come back TO THE FORUM to see the results of his request ON A FORUM, and not just "call me".

Curmudgeon? Yes, and proud of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sat. Feb 5th at 9:30 AM - River City Diner

We are set up with Frederik to interview ladies at the River City Diner on Parham Rd in Richmond. Approximately 45 min to an hour of interviews there - note we will have our own camera crew backing everything up.

Then as an option for the attendees (encouraged though), we will be going to the General Assembly Building and Capital in downtown Richmond. Frederik was astonished that such would be possible. Assured him that media cameras were OK. :lol:

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95...................
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]view map[/FONT]
803 East Parham Rd
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frederik:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/9/0,1872,8073513,00.html

karolynrgalarza

There is supposed to be an open carry dinner on Friday the 4th most likely at 7pm in northern VA and I'm getting Interviewed beforehand. I wonder if it would be easier to put all the interviews at once to save time. I don't mind traveling to Richmond on saturday if that would be a possibility.

ClumsyCandy

We are set up with Frederik to interview ladies at the River City Diner on Parham Rd in Richmond. Approximately 45 min to an hour of interviews there - note we will have our own camera crew backing everything up.

Then as an option for the attendees (encouraged though), we will be going to the General Assembly Building and Capital in downtown Richmond. Frederik was astonished that such would be possible. Assured him that media cameras were OK. :lol:

River City Diner
803 East Parham Rd
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frederik:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Will be there with gun on!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is supposed to be an open carry dinner on Friday the 4th most likely at 7pm in northern VA and I'm getting Interviewed beforehand. I wonder if it would be easier to put all the interviews at once to save time. I don't mind traveling to Richmond on saturday if that would be a possibility.

It is my understanding that they want to get women in different, everyday activities - a broad spectrum of their daily lives. That is why a breakfast, a dinner, the GA (interaction with LE and govt) was a bonus. Next door to the breakfast is a large strip mall that will provide more daylight photo-ops.

Many women in these European nations do not comprehend the mind set of you ladies. They have police stations in every town and hamlet. Shouldn't that be enough?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Interviews and filming has been cancealed

We will still be doing breakfast on Sat at RCD, but sans the German media team.

The applicable part of Frederik's email just received is:

I'm working for the Washington bureau of the German public TV ZDF. We as a foreign office though, are dependent on the decisions the programme executives in Germany are making - unfortunately I might add. As in this case it's obviously difficult to organize filming when I can't confirm a date because I have to wait for the decisions from Germany.
They called today and cancelled plenty of reports for this week. Ours is among them. Egypt is messing up our programme schedule. So, I'm honestly sorry to cancel the planned shooting on the weekend.

Riana

That's too bad. Hopefully, the Middle East will calm down enough to let them do a report at a later date. If it's a weekend I can actually make it, I'd even be willing to make the Richmond trip.

All American Nightmare

River City Diner
803 East Parham Rd

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]804-266-1500[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Richmond, VA 23227[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frederik:[/FONT]
Why has he not returned to the site?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why has he not returned to the site?

For what purpose?

Setup and coordination is generally done by someone local - one of us. There is often a lot of behind the scenes conversation that is not really necessary to the thread.

I'm reasonably sure too that his primary job is not gun related, but rather reporting on events as his employer directs/approves.