• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock serial # madness

curtiswr

Frame is the only one that matters. You can swap out barrels, slides, whatever all day long and be fine. Glock's warranty and repairs department has even sent back guns to people before with mismatching numbers, if I recall correctly.

nova

Why do they put it on the barrel and slide in addition to the frame? What if i want to trade my 357 slide with a friends 9mm?
Because they are made in a different part of the world, and are made to be shipped to different countries with different laws. Some countries have the frame s/n'd like here. Others require the slide or barrel. To simplify production, they just put the s/n on all three parts. In the US only the frame/receiver needs to be s/n'd. You can swap out the slide and barrel with non-matching numbers, or parts with no numbers. Doesn't matter, as the frame is still the "firearm" and is numbered.