• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Golden Corral changes policy to allow open carry!

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

I submitted a problemI had with Golden Corral last week.

Can you guess the problem? Their Open Carry Policies.

I had found a letter a Golden Corral representative sent an Open Carrier regarding their policies. They said, "no weapons were permitted."

I submitted a comment to Golden Corral saying I no longer felt safe in their restaurants.

Today I recieved a call from Scott Scaberg, a representative of Golden Corral.

He informed me that Golden Corral has changed their policies and they follow state lawswhich honor Open Carry in their restaurants.

Can you guess what I did?

I OCed to Golden Corral tonight. I didn't have a problem at all! It was a very enjoyable dinner and I feltbetter knowing Golden Corral didn't have a problem with me.

edit: Two Hoover Police Officers came in and didn't say a word.

Scott is supposed to be sending me a copy of his response. I'll post it once I get it!

-Tim

eye95

imported post

The handwriting is on the wall. These companies are realizing the The 2A is making a comeback, and they want to be on the right side of the issue.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

True. I think these larger companies, in the long run, will end up backing the 2ND Amendment. Some 75% of Americans back it and if large companies turn their backs, they could possibly go out of business. (or at least take a massive hit financially from loss of customers)

wewd

imported post

California Pizza Kitchen and Peet's Coffee & Tea must be doing great in this economy if they can afford to turn away an entire (and sizable) class of American consumers. Isn't their duty to their shareholders to maximize profits? Kind of hard to do that when you have the potential to offend a third of your customer base. Kudos to Golden Corral.

AZkopper

imported post

Our Golden Corral is on the Prescott-Yavapai reservation, so either way, OC is a no-no (per Tribal Police, they 'can't and don't' enforce against CC).

t33j

imported post

Wow I never realized Golden Coral was anti. I've OCd at mine quite a few times with no issues.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

I had never OCed there before. I was disappointed when I found the letter stating Golden Corrals original policy.

I'm glad I submitted the letter to them. They rep, Scott, knew about OpenCarry.org

I guess they saw all the people upset about the original letter and changed their policies.

I wasn't going to eat there anymore and told my friends and family not to as well, but now, with a new policy,EAT UP OCers!!

MamaLiberty

imported post

I OCd in the Golden Corral in Rapid City, SD with no problems. Had a lively discussion with some other customers and one of the waitresses about my gun, and why an old lady wants to carry a big .45. But it was all very friendly and the guys especially were tickled to see us carry. My gentleman friend and I carry all the time when we are out.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote: [/b]I submitted a problemI had with Golden Corral last week. Can you guess the problem? Their Open Carry Policies.I had found a letter a Golden Corral representative sent an Open Carrier regarding their policies. They said, "no weapons were permitted."I submitted a comment to Golden Corral saying I no longer felt safe in their restaurants.Today I recieved a call from Scott Scaberg, a representative of Golden Corral....[/quote]

Was this a corporate representative? If he was corporate, do they insist that their franchisees follow the same policy?

Sam

imported post

I would like to know the same. My local Golden Corral still has a huge "No Firearms Allowed" sticker on their door. =(

Dallas, NC

aadvark

imported post

Good, now there is one less Company who is not infringing on the Rights of its Customers!

OCinColorado

imported post

t33j wrote:
Wow I never realized Golden Coral was anti. I've OCd at mine quite a few times with no issues.
Same here about Golden Corral. In fact, unless there is a sign at the entrance to an establishment stating otherwise, I OC everywhere!

darthmord

imported post

Never had any problems at our local Golden Corrals (Tidewater area of VA). We've even held some Open Carry Dining Outs at local Golden Corrals.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

darthmord wrote:
Never had any problems at our local Golden Corrals (Tidewater area of VA). We've even held some Open Carry Dining Outs at local Golden Corrals.
No problems in the greater Richmond area either. :D

Yata hey

imported post

eye95 wrote:
The handwriting is on the wall. These companies are realizing the The 2A is making a comeback, and they want to be on the right side of the issue.
"These companies" have no idea what the 2nd amendment is all about, much like 99.999% of their customers.

Glad to hear Golden Corral has (finally) decided to obey the law nonetheless.

MamaLiberty

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
eye95 wrote:
"These companies" have no idea what the 2nd amendment is all about, much like 99.999% of their customers.

Glad to hear Golden Corral has (finally) decided to obey the law nonetheless.
What "law" would that be? I think you've got that backwards, Mark. These businesses are private property. Just as you can decide who will enter your front door, so can they. If they decid that they don't want armed customers, there is no "law" to force the business to admit them.

It is always a very bad idea to initiate force. Instead, we must demonstrate that those who enter armed are no threat to either the business or their paying customers - that we ARE paying customers. When they see that, only then do we become valued customers.