• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gorsuch Confirmed. Will the Kourt Advance Recognition of Gun Rights?

since9

Campaign Veteran
james quote ...but thanks for playing. unquote

con·de·scend·ing
adjective
having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.

so james, please tell me where i misspoke?

ipse

I agree with JamesCanby. I think the root of the issue, the crux of the matter, rests with the nature of the condescending and patronizing air of superiority you laud over most people who disagree with you. Perhaps I haven't been paying as good of attention as I ought, but I have yet to see any significant semblance of remorse, thoughtful consideration, self-inspection, admission of even the simplest of errors, even during the few occasions where you have blatantly stepped in it i.e. spread the proverbial gradeau pile it soiled your knickers i.e. revisited the back end of a yak. Even then, you attempt to worm your way out of it through verbal jujitsu, airs of superiority, and condemnation of others -- the list goes on, and it's long -- instead of merely fessing up, being honest with yourself and others, so that we can all go about our merry way. Put simply, such behavior is not merely disruptive, but it borders on abusive. It's not an appropriate avenue of approach on any serious discussion forum, and is not tolerated on most discussion forums.

How about something real, Solus? How about doing what 99% of people out there would do? Occasionally saying, "My bad," particularly when you've actually made an honest mistake, is only human. Trying to skate on every issue, as you have a reputation for doing, even when you make mistakes (everyone makes mistakes) only undermine's your reputation. It only harms your credibility.

As we used to say in the 1980s (it's always applicable, though), "Get real, man!"

solus

ya know, your right since9, perhaps, just perhaps, i should step up and out like yourself and when challenged go into an immediate tirade of playground slurs, or condensending rants, or better yet--post unflattering caricature(s) towards those members who don't like my discussions.

might wish to review paul's lyrics:
For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels. ...did it my way. unquote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=egY8rUpxqcE

or review frost's poem, "...
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—. I took the one less traveled by,. And that has made all the difference. "

your opinion is noted...

ipse

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

ya know, your right since9, perhaps, just perhaps, i should step up and out like yourself and when challenged go into an immediate tirade of playground slurs, or condensending rants, or better yet--post unflattering caricature(s) towards those members who don't like my discussions.

might wish to review paul's lyrics:
For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels. ...did it my way. unquote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=egY8rUpxqcE

or review frost's poem, "...
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—. I took the one less traveled by,. And that has made all the difference. "

your opinion is noted...

ipse

Wow, Anka, and Sinatra,This board is becoming so modern. Now let us look to the 17th century, to wit.. " New opinions are always suspected and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common'.. John Locke..

" To beg is not an easy task, but pride is such a foolish mask".. Frank Sinatra, Let me try again..

My .02
CCJ

solus

Wow, Anka, and Sinatra,This board is becoming so modern. Now let us look to the 17th century, to wit.. " New opinions are always suspected and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common'.. John Locke..

" To beg is not an easy task, but pride is such a foolish mask".. Frank Sinatra, Let me try again..

My .02
CCJ

merry met & huzzah!

truly well played w/frank

ipse