• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got a live one here....

PavePusher

Someone in the Taos area is claiming that local Smith's/Kroger's grocery stores are posted "No Guns Allowed".

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/0...1276330992164_691276330992164#f39de487ea25a08

Can anyone in the area confirm that?

Thank you for your time and effort!

(And yes, I know I'm probably beating my head into a wall on that site. So be it, I'm always willing to try to disseminate information to people.)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Kroger is apparently the largest grocery store chain in the country, so it would stand to reason that they have the largest number of "incidents."
However, I suspect self-defense responses to crime is not a major factor.

Most OCers carry for their own and their loved one's personal defense, not that of Kroger or other customers. The red herring reference to where were the gun owners when those crimes occurred FAILS totally.

PavePusher

Kroger is apparently the largest grocery store chain in the country, so it would stand to reason that they have the largest number of "incidents."
However, I suspect self-defense responses to crime is not a major factor.

Most OCers carry for their own and their loved one's personal defense, not that of Kroger or other customers. The red herring reference to where were the gun owners when those crimes occurred FAILS totally.

It also fails on strictly statistical grounds. How are we to guarantee that there is a carrier (open OR concealed) on-scene for every crime? Apparently we're supposed to have a secret Bureau of Pre-Crime around somewhere.... I must have missed a memo....