• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got pulled over while carrying in Morehead City...

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Well last night i got pulled over because the officer thought my tail lights were out...turns out they were just dimmer than usual (they're tinted, I gotta get around to fixing that.) As soon as he said good evening, I politely informed him I had a handgun...lol he didn't even really react...he just said "ok, thanks...so I pulled you over because of....."

This was my first time being pulled while carrying, and I was really surprised lol. Earlier that same evening I was riding in a friend's vehicle when she got pulled over for her license plate light being out....I wasn't going to say anything to the officer until she addressed me, which she never did. Talk about a stressful night, lol. I think they were fishing for drunks.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Yep, they're just gearing up for the annual onslaught! They sure don't have any problem pulling you over down there for the slightest infraction, but hey, is IS thier job, right? :uhoh:

I grew up down there, and I gotta hand it to them; they do manage to keep things relatively quiet, all things considered. Pretty professional bunch of folks by most accounts.

Glad to hear he didn't get all freaky on you for exercising your RKBA!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

lol What was really funny is that I always carry a knife on me, and for christmas I got a very nice microtech scarab OTF automatic (aka a switchblade). Since I've been carrying, I would leave the scarab at home and bring a nice, much cheaper, "assisted action" folder on the off chance that I would have to be searched. That way, I would be completely within the law. That night was the first night I got lazy and decided to keep my switchblade on me, lol. It got thrown under a car seat twice in one night! :D

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

You may want to check laws. Are you military?? If so you may be able to have that switchblade knife. I know gerber sells auto knives but you have to be military or LEO to buy it from them.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

You may want to check laws. Are you military?? If so you may be able to have that switchblade knife. I know gerber sells auto knives but you have to be military or LEO to buy it from them.
Believe me, I've checked them over a few times, lol. Being military allows me to purchase them, but not carry them. In fact, (now don't quote me on the wording) but it says something to the extent of active duty military members can carry a switchblade only if is required within the scope of their duties, and their orders specify the use of said device.

The LEO allowance is much more leniant, stating simply that LEOs are allowed to carry them. (if I remember correctly.)

Switchblades are basically illegal to own, manufacture, transport, and carry. The exceptions listed allow manufacturing for military/LEO use, they allow ownershipfor military/LEOor if you're a"collector", and allow transportation for the same.

With all of that being said, I'm sure I would have a better chance of not getting too much crap for it since I am active duty.