• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got the traveling bug...

solus

Loaded the vehicle w/appropriate SD necessities and headed northwest...across western Tarheel state cruising by Mayberry, waving at andy, aunt bee, & bernie, et al., short jaunt through Old Dominion's mtns, then through the tunnel onto the Mountain State's exemplary turnpike, and finally across the magnificent Ohio river...to the Buckeye state.

all the while OC'g my FNH FNX 9 which absolutely nobody noticed during fueling, both vehicle & myself, stops! Backup SD device in it's hidey hole next to me in the vehicle!

Old Dominion was more worried bout their SP revenue generation by posting the massive no radar detector signage immediately at the state boundary...sigh...

moral...get out and shake off this melancholic mentality thats gripped our great nation and see whats going on around you!

btw, remember it this nonsense is sooo bloody contagious...why aren't the disposable masks considered bio-hazard materials?

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
Elsewhere it is reported that THREE BILLION TONS of masks will be disposed of world wide - properly or improperly. China is still refusing acceptance of foreign trash.

Masks are reported to concentrate hazardous materials. Filter cartridges for radioactive particles become radioactive and hazardous waste. But radioactivity can be quantified. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Well, I'm not taking any road-trips anytime soon: Am patiently (and STILL!) awaiting my "In Transit" 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2 (in Sand Dune Metallic color, new for 2021 ZR2s) to arrive at my dealership (John Elway Chevrolet, Englewood, CO). No DATE for that arrival is available, and it's been "In Transit" for some time now. :-(
When I DO get it, however, will do some local (to Colorado Springs) forest roads/old stagecoach roads, 1-2 mountain passes (IF they're open, that is, and not snowed-in, as some aren't open until August) and a few ski-resorts (5 are on my list).
Of course, I'll be OCing everywhere as well...
BTW, my "SUV Gun" (soon to be "Truck Gun" -- I hope!) is an SKS...its synthetic stock is almost the same color as the ZR2, which is great because we all know how VERY important it is to be "color-coordinated-aware" at all times. ;-)
-- C

Last edited:

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan

solus

Well, quite an enjoyable trip...OC'd everywhere, allowable by law, witnessed young man OC'n outta Love's in Chillicothe ohio as well as engaged in numerous out of the blue - 'oh you have a gun - what kind...etc.

guess my next trip in april I'll definitely OC again...

as Willie stated..."Just can't wait to get on the road again!"

American Patriot

Nothing wrong with traveling, have been doing long extended trips for decades. Been on road for pass 2 weeks and plans are for this trip to continue until June. Have motor coach will travel. Thirty-eight states recognize NC citizen's right of self protection.

solus

Completed yet another road trip to the buckeye state whose citizenry seemed a bit harried in their daily activities as well as their driving seemed even more confused and disoriented while on the byways...

no SD firearms shown

solus

Working on a side sojourn either before the 4th or immediately after the holiday to S GA and points west towards CO!

solus

ad hoc trip last Friday to Charleston WV overnite, then over to Lexington Ky, then back to Charleston overnite and home...

saw several individuals OC'g at flyingJ stations and while wandering in Lexington establishments...

next trip to northern GA for a couple days next week...

solus

during my last trip up north, just outside columbus area & after getting gas at sams while OC'g toddled over to a parking lot seller so stopped to look at their wares and the woman got out of they car to help me but the male jumped out and ran over to talk to me - yep...

'whatcha carrying?' we got into a conversation as he rehashed to olde OC nonsense, e.g., i'm a target cuz BG can see my SD firearm...wife just stood there smiling...then an odd thing occurred...

PD drove by, opps - then another drove by, oh my - then a third....wife noticed also stating she hadn't seen that many PD ever...and subject change to PD, then out of the blue a helio came from the horizon and flew overhead...hovered immediately overhead for about a minute or two....then headed towards the opposite horizon...

subject went back to OC'g and then the bloke patted immediately above his groin to show he was armed as did he wife...I am still chuckling why CC'ers insist in showing me where their firearms are yet chastise me for OC'g

American Patriot

Perhaps they and OCers that "toddle" around in parking lots are like the 5th grader that goes around with his pants unzipped....ITS A STATUS SYMBOL. LOL

ADulay

Just finished up my annual western motorcycle trip out to Sturgis and points north and west from here in Florida.

OC 24/7 and not a single problem.

Did get one "thurmbs up" from a trooper in New Mexico at a gas stop.

Did everything normally including big box stores, malls, fast food and hotels. Not a single peep from anybody.

As usual, it was a good trip with zero sidearm problems at all.

AD

solus

AD, you pull your scoot or ride to Sturgis through the heat? either way, if you ran through NM it means you went the southern route which is quite a pleasant ride...

speaking from personal experience i found the best time to go is late December and celebrate new years in the area when Sturgis is out of the 'tourist' season and rushmore is almost empty...tho you have to plan ahead to assure the weather cooperates cuz two wheels on snow takes great endurance...:rolleyes:

mate, keep the rubber down and if bored...toddle up this way...your smile would be welcome...

ADulay

Ride, always.

The adventure of Sturgis is the ride, not trailering the thing and then posing around town.

Every year it's about 5000 to 9000 miles, depending on how far west we wind up before making the turn back towards the Dakotas.

AD

KBCraig

The adventure of Sturgis is the ride, not trailering the thing and then posing around town.

Ah, so you're an actual rider. :)

My family has a history with street rods and rod runs. One of my favorite signs was this: "If you see this car on a trailer, call 9-1-1 because it's been stolen!"