• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gov. Nixon signs SB75 & SB42

mspgunner

Suckered would be a better term for it.

Give it a try yourself. You'll learn how "EASY" it is to get a law passed....
It took "US", meaning the group I work with 3 years to get it this far.

Really, go for it. You seem to have the solution?

All this whining and what ever on a "forum" gets us no where. Even if it doesn't happen this year, it may in the future.

Your "attitude" gets no one a thing. Go to Jefferson City, sit down with your House and Senate Member and see what you can do....

If you don't care to follow through, do what you do best... whine about it!

HP995

Gunner, my post went out to that list I told you about.

Everyone, let's not snatch defeat from jaws of victory! Don't waste energy bickering.

Call in to talk to the legislators. If they hear from people they will get serious. Get 436 mentioned on email lists, radio shows, blogs, put a poster at the local gun shop or range (and mention some of the cool things it offers). Present it in a way that appeals to a broad 2A audience.

If it becomes law and is challenged, so be it. The world we live in is one big challenge, nothing ventured nothing gained. The OC amendment is logically separate from the nullification too. And worst case, valuable lessons learned.

I hope the legislators haven't ditched the effort, but if so, the right number of calls could wake them up.

mspgunner

I do believe the veto has a better than average chance of being over turned, actually very good chance in the House.
Once again a BIG concern is a filibuster in the senate and there is a darn good chance of that.
If there is any sign of a filibuster it will be set aside. From the powers that are it is felt there will not be a filbuster, the anti's would rather see it go through the courts. Who knows?

On the court challange.... I've had many opinions on whether the OC part would be a party to the court challange, no telling.

As far as the previous discussions go, those who have an attitude about what has or is going on in the legislature, that's my problem not yours.

I'm still well engaged with legislators and I have made my opinions well known.
The next step(s) are up to them. I don't get into the details on the forum.
Anyone is free to engage in discussions with any one in Jefferson City they choose.

Don't bitch at me, you have the wrong bad guy.

Gunner, my post went out to that list I told you about.

Everyone, let's not snatch defeat from jaws of victory! Don't waste energy bickering.

Call in to talk to the legislators. If they hear from people they will get serious. Get 436 mentioned on email lists, radio shows, blogs, put a poster at the local gun shop or range (and mention some of the cool things it offers). Present it in a way that appeals to a broad 2A audience.

If it becomes law and is challenged, so be it. The world we live in is one big challenge, nothing ventured nothing gained. The OC amendment is logically separate from the nullification too. And worst case, valuable lessons learned.

I hope the legislators haven't ditched the effort, but if so, the right number of calls could wake them up.

HP995

That's actually not too bad for the chances. Glad they still want it. Let's ring some phones!

Wrong bad guy - are you talking to me or your 902 critic? If you meant me, I like 436 so that makes no sense. Anyway, I'm doing my small part to promote it for you (or for the bill) and couldn't care less about wasting time with any small arguments. I'll PM you about the other thing.