• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grapeshot's amazing powers

eye95

I knew of the man's formidable intellect and insight, but had no idea he had the power to burst through cyber walls and locks and comment in a thread that had been locked for three days. :)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?88032-Valley-View-Mall

This and other magical powers I have witnessed had long ago convinced me that he was one of our secret mods. I didn't say anything at the time, but, when he bumps a locked thread, the cat's kinda gotten free of the bag.

Gunslinger

Wow. So what? Grape's post are generally worth reading, imo. That he has The Force is another story...but then I think Eye is Darth Vader in drag...:>

Gunslinger

I make it a point never to pick on anybody whose avatar is a six pound brass napolean. :)

10,000 posts Citizen, way to go! I'm shooting for 1000 Moderator edits because I spoke harshly of the cops or compared someone to a Sturmabteilungsman.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I can always tell when he moderates me, as opposed to the others. He is generally more level-headed.

...someone has to break the rules or only one voice will ever be heard.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
When I moderate a post, I am always careful to note that it was done by ADMINISTRATOR of which I am the only one.

If it is noted as being done by a Moderator, then that was one of our other mods.

John

I can always tell when he moderates me, as opposed to the others. He is generally more level-headed.

...someone has to break the rules or only one voice will ever be heard.

sudden valley gunner

Looking at the moderation, I can tell it is different people too. The styles are different. I do appreciate the fact that John, and apparently Grapeshot, tend to take the time to explain why the moderation.

Gunslinger

Looking at the moderation, I can tell it is different people too. The styles are different. I do appreciate the fact that John, and apparently Grapeshot, tend to take the time to explain why the moderation.

Well he doesn't have to bother with me. I know when I'm talking mean about the men in blue--with the Lightning Flashes on their arms...

............--Moderator Edit--
Comparison understood and disallowed under the rules.
Direct reference to a certain time and place inappropriate.

Why, I was just quoting a popular song of the '30s with direct historical impact today...I hope you didn't have to use the German-English translator....

Last edited:

SavageOne

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK, Gunslinger and I may have some different opinions but, that's just some funny ****.:)

M

McX

odd thread. i like ol grapeshot, but i guess i'm funny that way. i got no problem with him, and he no problem with me. i dont cause him trouble, so i dont have to worry. he's ok in my book.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
This forum is undeniably given over to elitism and boot licking. I've nearly run out of use for the place.

I truly wish I could just get banned already. I regret every penny I contributed. I don't regret contributing to legal defense funds, but the money I gave to OCDO was like shooting myself in the foot. Keeping abreast of these needs is the only productive use this place serves.

I wish there were a global delete button so I could remove every message I ever posted here. I feel like a fool for having cast so many pearls before such swine.

Last edited:

eye95

If that is what you truly wish, PM John or Mike. I am sure that accommodating your request would require minimal effort.

Personally, I love this place. It and ALOC are the most useful message boards I have ever posted on, with realistic and effective levels of moderation.

SavageOne

odd thread. i like ol grapeshot, but i guess i'm funny that way. i got no problem with him, and he no problem with me. i dont cause him trouble, so i dont have to worry. he's ok in my book.

Please allow me to explain to, hopeful, clarify any misunderstandings. I have no problem with Grapeshot, just the opposite. I have always found him to be eloquent, informed, and patient in his posts(even when I didn't agree with him). I simply found it humorous that he had outed himself as a mod. by his actions. I may not always agree with Grapeshot's point of view, but I do respect him. The words I would use to describe him(and I'm sure he won't agree with it) is "statesman like". If the impersonal limitations of the Internet post have in any way skewed my intent, then I offer Grapeshot my sincere apologizes.

sudden valley gunner

Please allow me to explain to, hopeful, clarify any misunderstandings. I have no problem with Grapeshot, just the opposite. I have always found him to be eloquent, informed, and patient in his posts(even when I didn't agree with him). I simply found it humorous that he had outed himself as a mod. by his actions. I may not always agree with Grapeshot's point of view, but I do respect him. The words I would use to describe him(and I'm sure he won't agree with it) is "statesman like". If the impersonal limitations of the Internet post have in any way skewed my intent, then I offer Grapeshot my sincere apologizes.

Grapeshot has many pearls of wisdom and I enjoy his posts, sometimes our opinions may vary but I have much respect for him. I also respect the fact he outed himself as a mod. that tells me a bit about the honor he has I don't think he did it on "accident"

eye95

I have.

You hate the crap out of me, start a petition...

I don't hate anyone. Please don't misrepresent my feelings. You don't know them at all.

I hate some actions. I hate some ideas. I don't hate people.

The point simply is that, if you want your account turned off, just ask for it, no drama necessary.

All the best to you.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

10,000 posts Citizen, way to go! I'm shooting for 1000 Moderator edits because I spoke harshly of the cops or compared someone to a Sturmabteilungsman.

I, personally would object vehemently to such a comparison. and shame on you for quoting what scant evidence leads me to believe was the "Horst Wessel Lied"