• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Birthday!!!!!

SigGuy23

Activist Member
So my mom, aunt, and cousin came down to visit me this weekend. Today is my mom's and my birthday. My mom said she wanted to go shooting. So we all went to Norpoint. My Aunt has never shot a gun before in her life. Only held one once. You could never convince her to go shooting. Well she decided to try today because it's our birthdays. I rented a Taurus .22 revolver for her and my cousin to shoot. So I set my mom up with my SIG in one lane. She already knows how to shoot. Then I taught my aunt how to handle the firearm safely with the 4 firearm safety rules. Had her dry fire quite a lot until she was comfortable with her stance and trigger control. She picked it up pretty quick. She was on to live fire in know time. Let me tell you what a natural her and my cousin are. My aunt was so scared before we started and after she said she had so much fun. She told me that next time we shoot she wanted to shoot a bigger caliber. So I will graduate her to 9mm next time. :D I'm proud to be the one to finally get her to shoot her first gun, let alone hold one. Now I'm about to eat my mom's homemade lasagna. :D Oh and to keep it OC related, I OCed to the range and everywhere else.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Thank you. It was. we ended up finishing the night with monopoly. It got heated up in here lol.

Last edited:

WOD

Belated!

Happy Birthday! I saw you in the birthday list at the bottom of the forum page, but I was chasing another thread. Or I would have shot an on time birthday greeting.