• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great OC in Nevada

.45acp

imported post

Hello folks,

I have just finished up a trip down to South Eastern Arizona to spend a month or so with my father. I have been working overseasfor most of the past 10 years and good quality time with the family has been limited to a couple weeks a year trying to run around visiting and taking care of normal personal business while on home leave. I OC’ed in 3 states (Utah, Arizona and Nevada) over the 6 weeks, with nary an unkind word or LEO problem.

On the way back my wife and spent 4 or 5 days wandering around Nevada. I OC’ed the entire time while traveling (except for a brief foray in to Cali) and wandering around the cities. Got pulled over by the Nev. Trooper for following to close and a turn signal that I did not know was out. The Trooper was a credit to Nevada and was supportive of open carry. He just asked that I not touch the firearm while he had me stopped. Stopped at the NAPA in Fernley to replace the burnt tail light, the guy there was outstanding, he even changed the bulb since my Leatherman was MIA (total cost 5.00 bucks). Route traveled was 95 from Laughlin to Reno and 50 from Reno to Salt Lake City.

Met some fine folks and really enjoyed the history along 50 as it is the old Pony Express and Butterfield Stage routes. The best restaurant hamburger I’ve had in years was at the Toiyabe Café in Eureka, Nev.

Great OC state, we enjoyed ourselves immensely, and thank the people of Nevada for their hospitality.

Thanks,

Steve