• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control "special session": closed in less than a minute

KBCraig

While Evers’ executive order required the Legislature to meet, it did not have the power to make it actively debate the bills. The result was two sessions promptly gaveled in and out in the Assembly and Senate by the GOP majority in less than a minute.

solus

What I find truly fascinating is the amount of those professed to be Ed-u-ma-crated individuals who take their news as gospel from slanted and biased gun blogs?

this gun blog article spends more time lambasting Virginia‘s governor than Wisconsin legislature then spends more print space to praise the WI legislature for passing MH adjunct bills...so where is the beef?

Quote,
But the Assembly then quickly convened and adjourned the special session in seconds. The Senate’s session also came and went without circumstance. Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, R- Juneau, stood alone in the senate chamber, read from a script, gaveled the session in as required by law and promptly ended it in a so-called skeletal session. unquote...https://www.courthousenews.com/wisconsin-legislative-session-on-guns-over-in-one-minute/

both sides just lost creds from the antis as well as the advocates as the politicians go on as normal...

tis another tale in the naked city..