• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Control Will Only Happen if We Let It Happen

HP995

I'm sharing two articles that caught my eye right before the big Midterms vote.

This first one is pretty dark, it gives you a glimpse of the latest anti-gun psychological tactics targeting young people:

"Gun Control Will Only Happen if Gun Families Make It Happen"

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ll-only-happen-if-gun-families-make-it-happen

The article pretends to be upbeat modern commonsense but is actually just another Gun Control Plan B scheme. Kids are receiving all kinds of brainwashing in school and college. Mostly the same typical crazy radical stuff, but some more carefully designed like this to sound reasonable to inexperienced people and confuse youngsters, in this case even youngsters with gun backgrounds. Sophisticated deceptive reasoning to divide gun families and recruit some of the younger members to support bad causes.

So my point is, some of these people will realize a few years after school that they've been mentally scammed, just as many people from our generations did. (And in each generation there are some who never buy into the nonsense in the first place, thumbs up to them.) But meanwhile the kids are under a lot of pressure to get involved in politics and some are old enough to vote! We need to hold the line until they mentally grow up and get some experience. Vote like your way of life and the 2A depend on it, because they do. It's close. Many Democrats have toned down the gun control rhetoric for the election as I posted recently, but they are officially committed to it and their base will hold them to it. (Along with high taxes and war on energy and industry.) So playing with their title a bit, gun control will only happen if we let it. We need our entire gun "tribe" to vote.

Second article is more enjoyable, a WND list of this administration's achievements:

https://www.wnd.com/2018/10/better-off-now-trumps-unreported-list-of-accomplishments/

Some here have scoffed at WND, but years ago I'm pretty sure I initially found out about OCDO through WND, either directly or from web pages linked by one of its columnists. Otherwise I might have never known about this forum and this cause. :)

Good reminder of just how much has been accomplished generally for our nation and economy, plus all the judges and justices to uphold our right to keep and bear.

I know many of you have already voted wisely, well done! But for anyone who hasn't yet, or knows someone who should, or someone who is trying to make up their minds among all the mayhem, last chance, final call. Use your rights Tuesday and be heard, or you may lose your rights fast. Politics are becoming very radicalized, and the sane and the wise have to hold the line until others gain enough experience and take their places. We can do this if we all do our part.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The article pretends to be upbeat modern commonsense but is actually just another Gun Control Plan B scheme. Kids are receiving all kinds of brainwashing in school and college. Mostly the same typical crazy radical stuff, but some more carefully designed like this to sound reasonable to inexperienced people and confuse youngsters, in this case even youngsters with gun backgrounds. Sophisticated deceptive reasoning to divide gun families and recruit some of the younger members to support bad causes.

Indeed. It's why I spend most of my free time countering what I call "the blitheringly idiotic libtards," both those who put this stuff out there trying to pull the wool over people's eyes as well as all those who gush in affirmation without having thought a single bit of it through.

So my point is, some of these people will realize a few years after school that they've been mentally scammed, just as many people from our generations did. (And in each generation there are some who never buy into the nonsense in the first place, thumbs up to them.)

I was definitely in the, "Waitaminute" mid-college category when I started peeling back the layers of the liberal onion I'd been handed throughout public school.

But meanwhile the kids are under a lot of pressure to get involved in politics and some are old enough to vote! We need to hold the line until they mentally grow up and get some experience. Vote like your way of life and the 2A depend on it, because they do. It's close. Many Democrats have toned down the gun control rhetoric for the election as I posted recently, but they are officially committed to it and their base will hold them to it. (Along with high taxes and war on energy and industry.) So playing with their title a bit, gun control will only happen if we let it. We need our entire gun "tribe" to vote.

As my recently graduated son mentioned, "The teachers are very liberal, and very outspoken, but there's no room for rebuttal. If you don't swallow their swill you're branded and docked grades.

Second article is more enjoyable, a WND list of this administration's achievements:

https://www.wnd.com/2018/10/better-off-now-trumps-unreported-list-of-accomplishments/

Some here have scoffed at WND, but years ago I'm pretty sure I initially found out about OCDO through WND, either directly or from web pages linked by one of its columnists. Otherwise I might have never known about this forum and this cause. :)

Good reminder of just how much has been accomplished generally for our nation and economy, plus all the judges and justices to uphold our right to keep and bear.

I know many of you have already voted wisely, well done! But for anyone who hasn't yet, or knows someone who should, or someone who is trying to make up their minds among all the mayhem, last chance, final call. Use your rights Tuesday and be heard, or you may lose your rights fast. Politics are becoming very radicalized, and the sane and the wise have to hold the line until others gain enough experience and take their places. We can do this if we all do our part.

I like WND. Yes, it's very right of middle, but there's still great value in what they report.

OC for ME

Just like I told my boys not to date girls who will not wear hunting camo and duck boots at a Sunday afternoon late Fall picnic. Hunt a duck from time to time. Don't mind too much when my 110 lb choco lab, who just is a wee bit wet from duck hunting, rubs up against you. Prefers a beer out of the can and real college football (SEC) as the best way to spend a Saturday in November.

Schools are gunna "teach" what they want...I counter their misinformation with facts, derived from the historical record, to keep my kids on the straight and narrow. Don't take much effort either. I learnt them to suck it up, get the good grade, move on and don't look back. But, we as parents have to ask our little ones what the learnt today in school.

Be self reliant, fearing God and your daddy..who both love you unconditionally, never talk back to your mama, putting kinfolk first, do right by your neighbor...and your church, help a stranger who is in need when you can, love the land, respect nature. This is how we prevent liberals from eroding our 2A guarantee.

Nip it in the bud early and there wont be any problems from them when they enter a voting booth.