• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun ID experts. See if you can help me figure out what I saw.

SovereignAxe

Last week I went to a local Mexican restaurant in Elizabethton, TN and this has been bothering me ever since. I saw what at first I thought was a fellow OCer. It was a dark, slender woman in her mid 40s, dressed in strangely nice clothes. I thought she was a fellow OCer when I walked in and saw the OCed spare magazine on a woman's hip, I then looked left (glancing over the badge) and saw an OCed pistol in a Serpa, make and model I don't know, and then looked at the badge and her face just before she passed by me and walked out the door. She was with a group of people and didn't notice me at all.

So anyway, what I think I saw was a plastic magazine, very Glock-like, and a pistol that had a stainless slide, that was shaped very H&K-like. The H&K-like shape could be a made up memory, but I swear I don't think I saw the distinctive squared off slide of a Glock. But I'm 90% sure it was a plastic/polymer magazine. I know Glock makes guns with stainless slides, but I'm almost convinced it wasn't a Glock.

So, gun ID gurus: are there any handguns that use a plastic mag and come with a stainless slide besides Glock? Because they're the only ones I know of.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Wait a minute. You saw a woman wearing a plastic serpa holster, a plastic mag, and stainless steel slide? What a terrible failure to accessorize. Those items do not coordinate at all. :D

Are you suuuure that was a woman? :p

SovereignAxe

Probably was an H&K USP. Available in two tone finish and use plastic mags.View attachment 8329View attachment 8330

BINGO! That's it! I knew the USP came with a stainless slide, but I thought they used steel mags.

Wait a minute. You saw a woman wearing a plastic serpa holster, a plastic mag, and stainless steel slide? What a terrible failure to accessorize. Those items do not coordinate at all. :D

Are you suuuure that was a woman? :p

lol quite sure. she was slender with form fitting clothes ;)