• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Gun Violence and Gun Laws--Stand Your Ground?" LEO discussion at Anacortes Library

garyd

Thanks for attending

Thanks for attending this meeting. I'm a little disappointed in the Sheriff's lack of knowledge and attitude, but not surprised the the Anacortes C.O.P. didn't know much. I would have been there if I'd known about it. Maybe having a list of Democratic activities would be useful for OC folks should they like to attend. I believe that a little more information about what is real and not real about OC would generate a lot of support from an unsuspected portion of the voting public. Hell, we might get Guido elected sheriff some day(Grin).

GuidoZ

Hah! I'm not a good candidate for a political office position. I can't stand politics and prefer to "do the work" as opposed to talk about it and try to make as many people happy as possible. I have immense respect the Sheriff, both as a person and as a superior, but I certainly wouldn't want his job! Besides, I'd be more than a decade away from that spot even if I had an interest. My end goal is to earn Detective. :cool:

I haven't had a chance to speak to him since this meeting, though I am very curious about his thoughts.

--
Peace. ~G