• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act

HandyHamlet

H.R. 3018: Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2013

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr3018/text
HR 3018 IH

113th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 3018

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special occupational tax in respect of firearms and to increase the transfer tax on any other weapon, and for other purposes.

‘SEC. 4181. IMPOSITION OF TAX.

‘There is hereby imposed upon the sale by the manufacturer, producer, or importer of the following articles a tax equivalent to the specified percent of the price for which so sold:

‘(1) Articles taxable at 20 percent:

‘(A) Pistols.

‘(B) Revolvers.

‘(C) Firearms (other than pistols and revolvers).

‘(D) Any lower frame or receiver for a firearm, whether for a semiautomatic pistol, rifle, or shotgun that is designed to accommodate interchangeable upper receivers.

‘(2) Articles taxable at 50 percent: Shells and cartridges.’.

Aknazer

I was just coming to post about this very same thing. Here is the article about it that I saw on Fox News just now. Here's just one quote from the article:

Davis, who represents a portion of Chicago which has been ravaged by gun violence in recent years, said money raised from the new taxes will go to good use.

A few other things is that it will increase the tax on guns and ammo from 11% to 50%, increase the NFA tax from $200 to $500 AND have it adjust for inflation, and increase the AOW transfer tax from $5 to $100.

sudden valley gunner

Will not apply to any branch of any government that needs a gun to perform their duties.

Now for some fun with words.

The government claims we can trust them because we are the government (I disagree I am not droning kids, killing people and their pets in unconstitutional no knock warrants, listening in on your phone calls...etc) and since we the people have the duty as a branch of government to be armed and keep the other branches in check this does not apply to civilians either.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Now for some fun with words............................................and since we the people have the duty as a branch of government to be armed and keep the other branches in check this does not apply to civilians either.

I like this kind of thinking. The People as a Branch of the Government. I think it goes....."By the People, for the People......"