• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman Kills 3 in Downtown Colorado Springs - October 31, 2015

since9

Campaign Veteran
Colorado Springs is my town, and I open carry most everywhere I go. I've lived here for half a dozens years this time around, and several more in years past.

I open carry everywhere I go because one never knows when some deranged individual is going to do something like what happened here today.

As we clearly see from this tragedy today, law enforcement cannot be everywhere. They cannot stop these things in a timely manner. If all law-abiding citizens exercised their Second Amendment rights, the perpetrator would have been stopped after the first shot was fired. Unfortunately, most people today are unarmed, so the perpetrator was able to murder more people before he was finally stopped by law enforcement, who arrived minutes later. Sadly, even just one minute can mean the difference between stopping the bad guy and dozens losing their lives.

My condolences to the families of the victims. I sincerely wish, however, more people would carry, either open or concealed, and that they would obtain the training they require to remain vigilant and keep themselves from becoming a victim.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Colorado Springs is my town, and I open carry most everywhere I go. I've lived here for half a dozens years this time around, and several more in years past.

I open carry everywhere I go because one never knows when some deranged individual is going to do something like what happened here today.

As we clearly see from this tragedy today, law enforcement cannot be everywhere. They cannot stop these things in a timely manner. If all law-abiding citizens exercised their Second Amendment rights, the perpetrator would have been stopped after the first shot was fired. Unfortunately, most people today are unarmed, so the perpetrator was able to murder more people before he was finally stopped by law enforcement, who arrived minutes later. Sadly, even just one minute can mean the difference between stopping the bad guy and dozens losing their lives.

My condolences to the families of the victims. I sincerely wish, however, more people would carry, either open or concealed, and that they would obtain the training they require to remain vigilant and keep themselves from becoming a victim.

Suggested edit: "...before he was finally stopped by people with guns."

solus

i find it discerning there has not been any further information released...just rehash of the original report.

ipse

solus

In the course of about a half-hour Saturday morning, a shooting spree erupted east of downtown Colorado Springs and four people were dead after a gunman moved through a residential neighborhood before a deadly shootout with police officers near a restaurant about a half-mile away.

http://gazette.com/man-shot-by-poli...-in-downtown-colorado-springs/article/1562310 as i stated...simply a rehash of yesterday's news...none of the victims identified, shooter not identified, no motive, etc., gazette quote: we don't know how many officers responded unquote...bloody space filler is all

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=dqHL_IoEXNt_gGMZuaOs9AJVA9s0M 274 articles ATM examiner quote:At least two other individuals were injured in the shooting, but the exact number has yet to be revealed. The ages and identifies of the victims, who were shot and killed approximately a half-mile apart, were not released. unquote

you were saying nightmare?

as i was saying...there has not been any further information released!!

Last edited:

solus

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs...-2-days-before-shooting-spree/article/1562379

the individual who was the shooter was an individual who struggled with substance abuse for years and might have dropped off the wagon in recent months. he gunned down two members from a recovery house across the street where he lived and a random bicyclist.

no motive, yet another and still sad commentary this nation cannot facilitate assistance for those with MH issues.

nothing mentioned about others being wounded or injured.

ipse, ThD

Last edited:

1245A Defender

Also...

In an other story from the same paper...
3 robbers enter a guys house, and 1 gets shot, in apparent self defense, but...

Paul M. Yamagiwa, 24, and Brett Anthony Yamagiwa, 26. (Provided by Thornton Police)

Thornton police have arrested a 33-year-old man after one of three men who entered his home died in a shootout during a robbery Sunday.
Police also arrested two others who entered the apartment with the man who died, said Officer Matt Barnes, Thornton police spokesman.
"The two brothers and the deceased party entered the (Servando) Flores apartment and there was gunfire exchanged," Barnes said.
Flores was arrested for investigation of second-degree murder, and released pending filing of formal charges and review by the Adams County District Attorney's Office.
Also arrested Brett Anthony Yamagiwa, 26, and Paul M. Yamagiwa, 24, on robbery and other charges.
Police haven't identified the dead man, pending positive identification by the Adams County Coroner's Office and notification of next of kin.
"We don't know who fired what shots yet, but we do know the homeowner fired upon the intruders. We are still trying to determine a motive for the robbery," Barnes said.
Tom McGhee: 303-954-1671, tmcghee@denverpost.com or @dpmcghee

WalkingWolf

Washington post blamed the shooting on OC, claiming a call was placed reporting OC, and dispatcher told her it was legal, then the shooting. Yet the reports from the Gazette mention nothing about a MWAG phone call, just that first reports of the shooting came at 8:45am.

Hopefully someone will file a FOIA for the dispatch log to see if this lady is telling the truth, or is a mad mommy.

CSPD calling the woman an outright liar.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-after-halloween-shooting-in-colorado-springs

Last edited:

rushcreek2

When a person makes the choice to commit murder...there is no LAW on the books ...or in the mind of a lawmaker...that is going stop that person....but another person with a gun can.