• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman vowings to continue carrying AK-47 to parks draws ire from open carry advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBURGII

As a side note, Combat Handguns has an article detailing 'Self-defense and the law', this month is 'Gun-Flash Repercussions' which in part has a section called 'Don't Be A Provocateur' which briefly describes Kwikernu's exploits as a template for what not to do.

Interesting.

palerider116

Previous American generations have squandered and yielded rights across the board, not just the second amendment. Kwik was within his rights to carry the weapon that he chose. That weapon being modified with a certain paint scheme plus a barrel that was .5 inches from the prescribed legal limit carried on a sling brought attention to him that he wanted.

We can debate the legalities of the Terry stop all day long. In the end, a court of law will have the definitive and binding decision on the matter.

We must focus on the issue at hand, restoring rights and safeguarding them for our future generations.

slowfiveoh

I can agree with the "anti-kwik contingent" that the courts are now who will decide.

I'd merely like to point out that kwik never threatened anybody, directly, or inadvertently.

The same cannot be said for the other side, and indeed, many of kwiks detractors.

Thundar

The banning of Kwik will certainly not help open carry.org, the rights of free men or the 2A.

Kwik had a point of view that was very pro open carry, pro civil rights and pro 2A. He believed in what he was doing and devoted significant time and effort to his work.

The continued bashing by those that disagreed with Kwik's methods was, IMHO, a disgrace to the Tennessee forum. Some may disagree with Kwik, but at least he lit a candle, instead of cursing the darkness.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

HvyMtl

I do not totally agree with you, Thundar. And, I know you do not totally agree with me. However, you have not been overtly harsh against those who disagree with you. As all here should act... Sadly, many on both sides of the issue were a bit, well, ungentlemanly.

Thankfully, some of us stayed above the name calling.

+1 Palerider116.

Slow, or Thundar, you guys mind keeping us posted on what happens?

wrightme

I would heartily disagree.

ANYONE who paints only the muzzle of an AK pistol orange is (IMHO) guilty of "disguising" a firearm. Non-firearms that appear to be actual firearms have the barrel painted orange specifically to show that it isn't a firearm. I see it as a reasonable impression that such a pistol is "concealed," since its true nature HAS been disguised.

Add in camo clothing, and frankly, whether legal or not, it IS over-the-top, and is more of a "look at me" choice than anything 2a- or SD-related.

He chose for visual impact, with a VERY obvious choice made to create contact.

The entire document kwik provided for us is nothing but an elaborate story that no doubt would have been different had Leonard not been audio recording.

As far as kwik getting banned, well, I don't blame him for getting pissed off.

Reading through the threads here it is easy to see the selective belief in a right that cannot be infringed.

I am in agreement that the 2nd Ranger was where the **** hit the fan.

Kwik was polite, respectful, and even made a comment about how he would talk to them if they wanted to back at the parking lot, after his peaceful and compliant encounter with the first ranger.

Going rambo because geriatric Jim and busted-hip Betty knock on your door out of an unnecessary panic on their behalf, is just mentally retarded.

paul@paul-fisher.com

ANYONE who paints only the muzzle of an AK pistol orange is (IMHO) guilty of "disguising" a firearm. Non-firearms that appear to be actual firearms have the barrel painted orange specifically to show that it isn't a firearm.

Please provide a cite to either Federal or TN law that says painting a firearm any color is illegal.

paul@paul-fisher.com

It wasn't "painting a firearm any color." And you should fully understand that if you HAVE been following along.

I have been following, you are missing my question. I understand he painted the tip of his weapon orange. What I was asking for, and no one has provided, a cite in either Federal or TN law that shows that a firearm cannot be painted any specific color, such as, orange, purple, polka dots, etc...

wrightme

I have been following, you are missing my question. I understand he painted the tip of his weapon orange. What I was asking for, and no one has provided, a cite in either Federal or TN law that shows that a firearm cannot be painted any specific color, such as, orange, purple, polka dots, etc...
That has NOTHING to do with painting the tip orange.

Specifically, by law, Airsoft and similar toys are required to have an orange tip.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&rgn=div5&view=text&node=15:3.1.3.7.1&idno=15

This is why I stated what I stated, with the wording I chose. Which included (IMHO).

If I come up with a cite, "IMHO" will change.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

paul@paul-fisher.com

Undetermined.

Sans cite, I find it to be an arguable point. IF it is (or has been) determined that painting the tip of a firearm constitutes "disguising" it to appear as a non-firearm, it is quite possibly "illegal."

Back to my point. If he has done anything illegal, I would assume he would of been charged by now.

slowfiveoh

I would heartily disagree.

ANYONE who paints only the muzzle of an AK pistol orange is (IMHO) guilty of "disguising" a firearm. Non-firearms that appear to be actual firearms have the barrel painted orange specifically to show that it isn't a firearm. I see it as a reasonable impression that such a pistol is "concealed," since its true nature HAS been disguised.

This "disguise" as you put it, was so well done in fact that the following occurred:

-Nobody on the trail per the rangers complaint was "worried" at all. He was "just playing airsoft".

-The elderly couple did not go and pound on the rangers door. He was "just playing airsoft".

-The ranger didn't even have to ask if it were airsoft, because there was no doubt in his mind that it was, per the orange tip.

-In that vein, he didn't even have to ask Leonard for his HCP, or stop him in the first place.

-When asked if it was an airsoft pistol, Leonard replied that it was.

Except, everything I just said, is a lie, and the exact opposite is what had actually occurred.

Add in camo clothing, and frankly, whether legal or not, it IS over-the-top, and is more of a "look at me" choice than anything 2a- or SD-related.

Everybody dresses different. I wear my Army issued Gor-Tex now and then, as well as my field jacket. I usually have jeans on at the time, with black sketchers or hiking boots.

When I am not dressed like that it's typically khaki shorts, flip-flops, and various shirts. I even have a shirt that has a "To Do" list on it, and in bold words are, "Your Mom". I OC with that on, as well as the aforementioned camouflage outfit.

People WILL paint an internal picture of you regardless of how YOU feel you are dressed. Your position is not conducive to supporting the 2nd Amendment because it places a limitation, whether you feel is reasonable or not, on the activities of "free" Americans conducting themselves within the scope of a right that "shall not be infringed".

There are individuals who have BEEN arrested who dressed in a very "redneck" way, and in this case, part of your argument would undoubtedly be that their attire formed their intent.

Not only is this distasteful as a thought process, but you are setting precedent for thought crime based on what people wear.

Ouch.

Any other carry limitations you would like to throw out there?

He chose for visual impact, with a VERY obvious choice made to create contact.

The threat was very obvious when the following occurred, right?:

-The ranger asked if the firearm was real, and Leonard stated politely that it was.
-The ranger asked to see Leonards HCP, and Leonard complied.
-The ranger had a conversation with Leonard, wherein Leonard was peaceful the entire time.
-The ranger released Leonard, and Leonard politely stated that if the ranger would like to talk, Leonard would be more than happy to, and that he would be in the parking lot at his little black civic.

I am sure at this point you have more than confirmed that he is a militant terrorist out to eradicate law enforcement in Radnor Lake. Except, that's clearly not what he did, nor was he out there for that reason, no matter how much those who oppose him try to paint a picture to that end.

All of these situations, indeed life, is like playing a large game of chess. The further you can see forward by dynamic move count, the more prepared you will be, and the more about life you will perceive.

Weigh all of Leonards actions and you see somebody who is fighting for 2nd Amendment rights, even if it is merely for himself.

Slow, or Thundar, you guys mind keeping us posted on what happens?

I will try.

Last edited:

Procarryguy

Banned
The banning of Kwik will certainly not help open carry.org, the rights of free men or the 2A.

Please explain this statement. When was quick the defender of anyone else's rights? Can you cite specifically where he stated he was fighting for anyone's rights besides his own?

Kwik had a point of view that was very pro open carry, pro civil rights and pro 2A. He believed in what he was doing and devoted significant time and effort to his work.

I've followed kwik from the beginning and it all started out of greed and trying to pull a con for personal gain. Not about 2nd A rights or civil rights.

He read about a guy in New Mexico who was actually harassed by cops for open carry and was awarded $21,000. Before he started attention whoring, can you cite where he stated that the state of TN was against open carry so he was going to do something about it?

He only claimed the state of TN was against open carry after the fact that he didn't get a payout like he had hoped he would so he claimed his rights were being oppressed to try and get people to agree with him.

He claimed the state of TN requiring a carry permit to carry a pistol was against his right to bear arms. Can you cite where he was against carry permits before his was suspended? He had no problem with it before, it was only a problem after his was suspended.

He bragged about getting a law taken off the books that kept people from open carrying in Belle Meade. The fact is, it was an out of date law that wasn't enforced. People who live there legally carry all the time. I have legally open carried there myself with no problems what so ever as have my friends who live there. Can you cite where kwik complained about his rights being violated while openly carrying in Belle Meade before he went there to attract attention with the black powder pistol?

Actually can you cite for me anywhere that Belle Meade has arrested anyone for carrying a handgun after the state of TN started issuing carry permits? There has never been a case because it was never an issue. Kwik found an old law and tried to exploit it in the hopes he could sue for personal gain. How is that in any way pro open carry or pro 2nd A?

He has made multiple claims that he feels it is all about him and his rights, not anyone else and their rights. As a matter of fact he even stated that he felt that if he didn't get what he wanted that he would work to ruin it for everyone else. Now can you show me where other rights lobbyists have said that if they didn't get what they wanted that they would do their best to see that nobody had any rights?

How is that in any way, shape or form pro 2nd A, pro open carry or pro civil rights? It has been all about him from day one yet a very small handful of people rally behind him as if he is fighting for their rights in some way. He even gloated about since he claimed to make case law about a TN leo not needing to sign off on form 1 or form 4 paperwork that he sent out copies of the case to local leo's to try and ruin other's chances at getting their paperwork signed. That's not the act of a gun rights lobbyist, that's the act of a spoiled child screaming that he didn't get what he wanted so he will just try and ruin it for everyone.

The continued bashing by those that disagreed with Kwik's methods was, IMHO, a disgrace to the Tennessee forum. Some may disagree with Kwik, but at least he lit a candle, instead of cursing the darkness.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Again, you'll have to explain what you mean in this paragraph. You're saying it's a disgrace for people to disagree with a conman for trying to use the 2nd A rights of the people as a means to a quick payday?

Why should we agree with a man who goes out of his way to try and sue people for a quick buck? When was any of his complaints an issue before he tried to swindle money from the city? Cite where he wanted to change how things were before his actions went south and didn't play out as he had hoped.

Leonard Stanni Embody is nothing more than a crook. You see, that's what a conman who tried to swindle money from hard working tax payers in his community is, plain and simple. The only difference is, he isn't smart enough to get away with it. Instead of getting money from the city, it has actually cost him money and time by way of paying for filing lawsuits, acquiring documents and hours upon hours of research online.

If anyone feels I'm incorrect in my judgment, please feel free to cite any proof that you have that Leonard is in fact a lobbyist for the people's rights.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Leonard Stanni Embody is nothing more than a crook. You see, that's what a conman who tried to swindle money from hard working tax payers in his community is, plain and simple. The only difference is, he isn't smart enough to get away with it. Instead of getting money from the city, it has actually cost him money and time by way of paying for filing lawsuits, acquiring documents and hours upon hours of research online.

If anyone feels I'm incorrect in my judgment, please feel free to cite any proof that you have that Leonard is in fact a lobbyist for the people's rights.

Wow! Personal attack there. All these accusations sound like there was a crime involved. If it were true, would you not think he would of been charged with a crime?

Why does it matter what his intentions were? What he is doing is pushing the envelope, getting people that infringe on rights into court.

Procarryguy

Banned
Wow! Personal attack there. All these accusations sound like there was a crime involved. If it were true, would you not think he would of been charged with a crime?

Why does it matter what his intentions were? What he is doing is pushing the envelope, getting people that infringe on rights into court.

That's not a personal attack, that's calling a duck a duck. So you're saying a conman trying to swindle someone out of money isn't a criminal act unless he's caught and prosecuted? Is a rapist not a rapist until he is caught? Is a murderer not a murderer until he is caught?

He is what he is regardless if he was prosecuted for it or not.

So you feel it doesn't matter what someone's intentions are huh? As long as the end justifies the means? That says a lot about a person's moral standpoint.

Can you cite for me where he did what he did to hold people accountable in court who infringed on his rights? I must have missed that. Just point out where that was posted so I can see for myself if you don't mind.

ManInBlack

I really wish that we wouldn't engage in trying to decide for other people which weapons are appropriate and which are not. That is what the antis do, and we should be better than that.

EDIT: To be clear, I do understand the negative publicity that kwikrnu's actions may cause (although I would suspect this is mainly in people who are already inclined to view guns negatively, or the "hunter" crowd), and I would certainly not take his path. However, just as I want society to respect my natural right to live as I see fit as long as I do not harm persons or property, I must extend that respect to others. We need to be consistent in principle, and that principle is SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.