• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman vowings to continue carrying AK-47 to parks draws ire from open carry advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hef wrote:
slowfiveoh wrote:
blah blah blah I didn't read the whole story blah blah blah
The first pic is the AK, the 2nd is a rifle, and the rest are handguns that fit into holsters. He chose the AK because it was likely to cause a negative reaction and get him a confrontation with police, where the orange muzzle would confuse the officers ("is it real, or is it a toy?") and give him the opportunity to fire.

He asked about AP rounds for his AK. Why would he carry AP rounds in his AK if it's a carry weapon? Well, since he already has established the intent to engage police officers, and police officers are the only group who most citizens regularly encounter wearing armor, any reasonable person would assume he intends to use the AP rounds to defeat LEO's body armor in his confrontation.

Come on dude, you're smart enough to figure that out, aren't you?
Claiming that you know his intent does not mean that you actually do.

1) How does 'confusing the officers' give him an 'opportunity' to fire? If he wanted to shoot cops, why didn't he just do it? A confrontation would put him in a very tactically unsound position for doing so. C'mon, do you think I'm dumb enough not to notice that? If he wanted to hunt cops, I think a bright orange shiny thing would be the opposite of what he would do. He'd hunker down a few hundred yards from a ranger station, hide himself well, and wait. But he didn't do that. Nor did he do anything that would give him an 'opportunity' to fire on anyone at all. This argument is absurd to the extreme and you know it!

2) 7.62x39 will penetrate most vests already. "AP Rounds" in this caliber is a misnomer, at best. Maybe he finds some old Chinese steel core. It really isn't much more 'armor piercing' than anything else available for that gun. Get over it and stop lying already...

You guys are so hopped up on trying to insult the guy that you've missed the whole point.

He's just trying to expose a whole bunch of BS Propaganda at once.

"Armor Piercing," "Assault Weapon," Toy Designator, etc... It's all a stupid idiocy of Propagandists trying to make Gun A seem worse than Gun B, and you're going along with it.

Aside from maybe SLAP, there is no such thing as "armor piercing" ammunition. There is simply ammo that no one has invented a way to stop yet, and ammo that someone has invented a way to stop.

There is no such thing an an 'assault weapon.' It is just a scary name/category that gun-haters made up, into which they place guns that they want to ban. "Gun" wasn't getting the shock value they needed, so they made up a new word and slowly but surely re-classified every gun ever made into it. Look back through their usage of the term 'assault weapon' and you'll see not one gun has ever escaped being called an 'assault weapon.'

Designating an Orange Tip on Toy Guns was supposed to be a safety measure to keep trigger happy cops from blasting kids for sport. there were a few other excuses for it, but the fact remains, anyone can grab a can of orange spray paint and duplicate it. If a person bent on doing harm were to paint the tip Orange and say "nah, it's just an airsoft"... Think about it. Such a person could expose their weapon in public, no one would panic, and he do one hell of a lot more damage..... An ugly idea, but if you don't think like a criminal, you can't defend yourself from one. The creation of the "Orange Tip" didn't make anyone safer from a toy gun that can't hurt anything because it's a toy and cops still blast kids with squirt guns and orange tips, but it DID create a way for REAL GUNS to become a more effective criminal device.

He's brought all of these legitimate issues into light in a very public way, yet no one wants to talk about anything but how he's a dick for not going to the back of the bus?

Sad, weak, stupid people, these.

WCrawford

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I also reserve the right to point and laugh at someone if I think their doing something silly (how many Glocks, WCrawford?:lol:), or dissagree with their choices if I believe their actions might be detrimental to the OC/2A movement.

There is a big difference between pointing and laughing or even disagreement; and the vitriolic attacks on a person or character assassination.

In my 18 Glock example, I would expect to be laughed at and would welcome disagreement. I would not expect those who fundamentally believe in the RTBA or liberty to attack me with such hatred for a legal activity.

Blackburn

imported post

I might not agree with his methods, but he's dredging up a lot of hypocrisy.

How many of you think the DeWalt AR15s (several people do these) or the Hello Kitty guns are just fine, but his isn't? How many of you are suddenly turning into limpwristed sissy "let's not rock-the-boaters"?

Face it, shall not be infringed MEANS shall not be infringed. It's about time we drilled this into our 'master's' heads... one way or another. ;)

I'm liking the new paint job. Needs some black or charcoal tigerstripe though IMO.

Blackburn

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
First many items you posted are wrong. I've never been charged with any crime. I've never been accused of any domestic violence.

I was banned from aGolden retrieverforum because I asked about breeding goldens with poodles and suggesting that OFA statistics concerning hip problems in Goldens was skewed. Breeders typically only register their good dogs with ofa not the bad. Bad data in bad data out.

I've never joined a Gerbil forum.

Never been banned from River academy outdoor.

Never been banned from youtube. They decided my video on how to remove and paint the tip of a firearm orange was unsafe and removed it. YouTube has videos all over which show how to grow drugs, how to break out of handcuffs, how to open padlocks, and how to remove orange tips from airsoft guns.

I've never been banned from any website because of language or name calling or libel.

Brady Campaign? Please,anyone who wants to restrict the type of weapon I may carry, clothes I may wear, and color of the handgun I can own is a threat to the Second Amendment.

AP ammo is legal to own, sell, and use in Tennessee.

Do you like to attack people and name call?:question:

Similar made up accusations were leveled at me by some friends of Derek Zeaneh, back when he had Oleg's ear.

Got exposed as doing domestic violence against my wife, too. Wonder if the guy you debunked in your post is the same one that was saying those things about me?

Funny thing about thespousaldomestic violence thing, all my life I was so sure I've never been married. :celebrate

That guy's motives in linking your name, phone number, address, and other info to forums that you haven't even belonged to is questionable at best, and indeed actionable if he lives in Tennessee. More likely he's an e-carpetbagger. Perhaps he'd like to have his name and address out there? Oh wait, he's gonna be a coward and keep that information private, along with whatever he hasn't done to advance the RKBA debate.

Marco

imported post

Mike wrote:
Mike Stollenwerk, co-founder of the pro-gun Web site OpenCarry.org, likens Embody to the protester who drew public outrage last summer by openly carrying a handgun outside one of President Barack Obama’s town hall meetings.

In an e-mail to The City Paper, Stollenwerk says: “Many people in the open carry community are not very happy with this fellow's apparent stunt to carry a ‘handgun’ that looked like a long gun slung over his shoulder, and capped with an orange tip to make it disguised as a toy — no wonder the police took an interest and investigated the guy. Had they seen a person wearing a normal handgun in a proper holster on a walk, they probably would have just said ‘hello.’”

Stollenwerk writes that Embody “slung his pistol over his back almost as if he was baiting the police to mess with him — very poor form and not helpful.”
Is this handgun suitable ?(rhetorical)

4.jpg

wrote:
I might not agree with his methods, but he's dredging up a lot of hypocrisy.

1+

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I like lever actions and woul have a bounty hunter if they were not so expensive. I can have 4 AK's for the price of one of those. I'd have an AR pistol except for they cost twice as much as an AK pistol and the .223 isn't as impressive as the 7.62 out of a short barrel plus 5.56 costs more too.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
umm...

just a thought,but with the orange tip couldnt some real dickhead try and say it should fall under NFA regulations?

specifically violating the AOW portions.

about disquised firearms

heres a copy from the WIKI,mt browser doesnt feel like looking up exact laws,but i have read it before.

Any Other Weapons (AOWs) - this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the ATF deems deserving of registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

(i deleted the un needed parts)
  • DISGUISED FIREARMS

he even said,that the point of the orange tip was to make it look like an airsoft gun,which by definition is not a firearm.

so one COULD argue that with the orange tip it should be an AOW,as it does not look like a firearm,it looks like an airsoft gun.
That is an interesting take.  But then you'd be saying that the color of a gun was it's own disguise...  I don't think that would fly, I can make a gun any color I want, just like painting a car.  It doesn't 'disguise' it...  His intent was to show how having a colored tip on a toy gun could easily be mimicked and that the idea is stupid.  He's right, IMNSHO.  But since doing so has no educational use, and the deception if effective, is a deception...  I have to disagree with his doing so.

I could paint my AK pink, would it be 'disguised?'  No, no it would not be.  Just because other people have chosen to make toy guns have an orange tip, does not mean that should an owner of an actual firearm choose to do so, that he is mimicking them.  Unless, he says so.....  In which case he's just kind of an @#$%....  But even an AirSoft gun is a plastic BB firing device disguised as a gun....

Which is the more appropriate 'disguise' argument?

You know, I like the blinders you guys are all all wearing that make you correct and the entire rest of the country wrong.

When I look at the world through your blinders you can almost convince me that this paint thing is really all about nothing. To hell with safety conventions and recognized making programs. So with your blinders on my vote is to stop painting JUST inert ammo with blue tips because, Hey paint doesn't mean anything anyway. Lets Paint ALL ammo with blue tips. OH, AP, incendiary, explosive and tracer rounds should no longer carry distinctive paint markings either. After all people can tell what they are when they are fired. By all means we should stop labeling Blanks and other types of non-lethal stuff, after all that could never cause any problems because all we are doing now is just painting stuff, and LEOs and the military do not really rely on those markings anyhow as they are all assumed to be lethal.

Oh... I know we can start using different colors for traffic signals too or maybe just flip the colors around so that green means yield, yellow means stop and red means go. People will soon figure out that societal convention is just a bunch of crap and that color should mean nothing. After all people already ignore the meaning of the Yellow light and many ignore the red.

All you guys arguing that you can paint things any color you want keep forgetting that is not what happened here. He DID NOT PAINT THE ENTIRE WEAPON as you keep arguing. By his own words, he painted it in a very specific fashion with the specific intent of deceiving people as to the true nature of the weapon. Only after people objected did he backpedal and start all this "I was making a point about paint" and "I told anyone who asked" crap. You people can ignore that all you want but the rest of us choose not to.

Now all of his supporters expect everyone else to just jump to the support of a person who lied from the very start, and continues to equivocate and squirm away from the facts. They are the facts because he himself made the statements, and the posts, and the commentaries, and the stories. If any of these people who are suddenly joining the forum had taken the time to read a while on other subjects, they would know that the people on this forum are not unthinking automatons like Kwikrnu's supporters appear to be. His supporters are demanding that everyone fall into lock step with their views like good little comrades. Well thanks but no thanks.

You can try to avoid the actual issues here all you want. This is NOT about the right to carry whatever someone wants, and it is certainly not about clothing fashion. This is about a premeditated attempt to prepare for and create an armed confrontation with Law enforcement. He hoped that the brief delay in reaction time he might gain from the Orange tip and the use of AP ammo would give him just enough edge to survive and perhaps even win the fight. I suspect that if he has any agenda at all it is more related to setting new law in self defensive shooting of LEOs than anything else, but by his own words it is NOT about the RTKABA.

If anyone wants to carry a weapon painted orange like the most recent images, I could not care less. Paint it with flowers or whatever you want. So long as the paint scheme is not done specifically to deceive peoples as to the true nature of the weapon as a weapon, and is not intended to to intentionally defeat safety coloration protocols. Moreover all of the other examples provided in this discussion, same thing, they are fine, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PAINTED TO INTENTIONALLY AND DECEPTIVELY MISUSE A SAFETY STANDARD TO DECEIVE PEOPLE.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
ixtow wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
umm...

just a thought,but with the orange tip couldnt some real dickhead try and say it should fall under NFA regulations?

specifically violating the AOW portions.

about disquised firearms

heres a copy from the WIKI,mt browser doesnt feel like looking up exact laws,but i haveread it before.

Any Other Weapons (AOWs) - this is a broad "catch-all" category used to regulate any number of firearms which the ATF deems deserving of registration and taxation. Examples include, among others:

(i deleted the un needed parts)
  • DISGUISED FIREARMS

he even said,that the point of the orange tip was to make it look like an airsoft gun,which by definition is not a firearm.

so one COULD argue that with the orange tip it should be an AOW,as it does not look like a firearm,it looks like an airsoft gun.
That is an interesting take. But then you'd be saying that the color of a gun was it's own disguise... I don't think that would fly, I can make a gun any color I want, just like painting a car. It doesn't 'disguise' it... His intent was to show how having a colored tip on a toy gun could easily be mimicked and that the idea is stupid. He's right, IMNSHO. But since doing so has no educational use, and the deception if effective, is a deception... I have to disagree with his doing so.

I could paint my AK pink, would it be 'disguised?' No, no it would not be. Just because other people have chosen to make toy guns have an orange tip, does not mean that should an owner of an actual firearm choose to do so, that he is mimicking them. Unless, he says so..... In which case he's just kind of an @#$%.... But even an AirSoft gun is a plastic BB firing device disguised as a gun....

Which is the more appropriate 'disguise' argument?

You know, I like the blinders you guys are all all wearing that make you correct and the entire rest of the country wrong.

When I look at the world through your blinders you can almost convince me that this paint thing is really all about nothing.
I'm going to ignore the rest of your message because it starts off with this lie.

No one is trying to convince you that 'the paint thing' is nothing. We're just not allowing you to call it what it clearly isn't.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
what isn't it?
It isn't magical fairy dust that lets a person read his mind and declare that they knew his intent and that he wanted to go out hunting cops.

There are far better ways to hunt a person, cop or not, if that's what you wanted to do. Certainly, a bright orange muzzle break, or entire gun, does not facilitate any of the methods I have thus far described. Claiming that one has a mind-reading crystal ball as a result of it has been debunked thoroughly.

It's just amazing how many people became mind-readers the moment he squirted some orange paint on something. That stuff is amazing! I wonder if I squirt some on my willy, will everyone else suddenly have certain knowledge that I am not a rapist? Or will they all claim that I am a rapist?

It is also not a Banana Pancake, a Spare Tire, or a Palm Tree.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
All you guys arguing that you can paint things any color you want keep forgetting that is not what happened here. He DID NOT PAINT THE ENTIRE WEAPON as you keep arguing. By his own words, he painted it in a very specific fashion with the specific intent of deceiving people as to the true nature of the weapon. Only after people objected did he backpedal and start all this "I was making a point about paint" and "I told anyone who asked" crap. You people can ignore that all you want but the rest of us choose not to.

Now all of his supporters expect everyone else to just jump to the support of a person who lied from the very start, and continues to equivocate and squirm away from the facts. They are the facts because he himself made the statements, and the posts, and the commentaries, and the stories. If any of these people who are suddenly joining the forum had taken the time to read a while on other subjects, they would know that the people on this forum are not unthinking automatons like Kwikrnu's supporters appear to be. His supporters are demanding that everyone fall into lock step with their views like good little comrades. Well thanks but no thanks.

You can try to avoid the actual issues here all you want. This is NOT about the right to carry whatever someone wants, and it is certainly not about clothing fashion. This is about a premeditated attempt to prepare for and create an armed confrontation with Law enforcement. He hoped that the brief delay in reaction time he might gain from the Orange tip and the use of AP ammo would give him just enough edge to survive and perhaps even win the fight. I suspect that if he has any agenda at all it is more related to setting new law in self defensive shooting of LEOs than anything else, but by his own words it is NOT about the RTKABA.

If anyone wants to carry a weapon painted orange like the most recent images, I could not care less. Paint it with flowers or whatever you want. So long as the paint scheme is not done specifically to deceive peoples as to the true nature of the weapon as a weapon, and is not intended to to intentionally defeat safety coloration protocols. Moreover all of the other examples provided in this discussion, same thing, they are fine, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PAINTED TO INTENTIONALLY AND DECEPTIVELY MISUSE A SAFETY STANDARD TO DECEIVE PEOPLE.

You are stating I am a liar. I never lied about the handgun. I posted pictures on several websites of mine. When some said it was an airsoft I posted pics of the receiver and bolt. I even posted a video on you tube. How is that a lie? It was a handgun with a tip painted orange. I have since painted it all orange and removed the paint from the tip. It was a late Christmas present to all those who did not like the orange tip.

You state I amlooking for an armed confronation from cops. Where do you get this crap? I walked up to an armedranger and when asked, told him it was a real AK-47 handgun. If I were looking for an armedconfrontation wouldn't I be best served by having a couple high capacity rifles hidden on my person with one on a single point? The compact ps90comes to mind.50 round magazines for the ps90 with excellent ability to penetrate soft body armor. Maybe an ar that had been sbr'd with a a bunch of beta c mags ready. Wouldn't it be best to find a large number of unarmed people combined with a low amount of law enforcement? I took a walk where I'd guess there were few people, maybe 50-100 people in a 1200 acre park. There were no children that I saw and definately no play grounds.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

About the sling. Some people are thinking this is a one point, or three point and the handgun was dangling around at the ready. That is not the case.

I have the AK on an urban ert sling. It was in the two point configuration and pulled tight to my back for about 1/2 of the walk and tight against my chest for the second half. I moved it to change the weight from front to back.

Watch the video

bohdi

imported post

ixtow wrote:
bohdi wrote:
what isn't it?
It isn't magical fairy dust that lets a person read his mind and declare that they knew his intent and that he wanted to go out hunting cops.

There are far better ways to hunt a person, cop or not, if that's what you wanted to do. Certainly, a bright orange muzzle break, or entire gun, does not facilitate any of the methods I have thus far described. Claiming that one has a mind-reading crystal ball as a result of it has been debunked thoroughly.

It's just amazing how many people became mind-readers the moment he squirted some orange paint on something. That stuff is amazing! I wonder if I squirt some on my willy, will everyone else suddenly have certain knowledge that I am not a rapist? Or will they all claim that I am a rapist?

Yeah, I don' think that is why anyone is having a problem with this.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

You are stating I am a liar. I never lied about the handgun. I posted pictures on several websites of mine. When some said it was an airsoft I posted pics of the receiver and bolt. I even posted a video on you tube. How is that a lie? It was a handgun with a tip painted orange. I have since painted it all orange and removed the paint from the tip. It was a late Christmas present to all those who did not like the orange tip.

You state I amlooking for an armed confronation from cops. Where do you get this crap? I walked up to an armedranger and when asked, told him it was a real AK-47 handgun. If I were looking for an armedconfrontation wouldn't I be best served by having a couple high capacity rifles hidden on my person with one on a single point? The compact ps90comes to mind.50 round magazines for the ps90 with excellent ability to penetrate soft body armor. Maybe an ar that had been sbr'd with a a bunch of beta c mags ready. Wouldn't it be best to find a large number of unarmed people combined with a low amount of law enforcement? I took a walk where I'd guess there were few people, maybe 50-100 people in a 1200 acre park. There were no children that I saw and definately no play grounds.
I am starting to wonder if you work the the Brady's, in this message.

5.7x28 ammunition that is available to the public is no more apt for penetrating 'soft body armor' than is a .22 mag.

The fact that you present this idiocy instead of a real argument (if I wanted an armed confrontation, I'd fire from a concealed location to guarantee more kills than they got) really makes me wonder who you're working for. It is a New Brady Campaign kick to bring up 5.7x28 in every possible conversation, no mater how many times the round has been proven to be among the weakest there is. Why did you bring it up here? It makes no sense.
[line]Now, if he REALLY wanted to kill some cops... He'd let himself be bait just like this. When they surround him, attention entirely focused on him.... 2-3 buddies with 200yd+ bolt guns ("hunting rifles") and radios pick their targets one by one until there are none left. THAT would be a strategy for what you accuse him of. Not walking around in public with a bright orange (parts or in whole) gun, drawing obvious attention, and readilly stating that the gun is real, not once grabbing it and shooting at the cops..... It just doesn't make any sense to make that accusation when it is so easy to see that it is a lousy strategy for a 'violent confrontation.'

There is obviously a motive here, but not a soul has set aside their own agendas to think about what it might actually be.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
ixtow wrote:
bohdi wrote:
what isn't it?

Then why do they keep citing it as the reason?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Hef wrote:
He (Embody) chose the AK because it was likely to cause a negative reaction and get him a confrontation with police, where the orange muzzle would confuse the officers ("is it real, or is it a toy?") and give him the opportunity to fire.

He asked about AP rounds for his AK. Why would he carry AP rounds in his AK if it's a carry weapon? Well, since he already has established the intent to engage police officers, and police officers are the only group who most citizens regularly encounter wearing armor, any reasonable person would assume he intends to use the AP rounds to defeat LEO's body armor in his confrontation.

Come on dude, you're smart enough to figure that out, aren't you?

We who bear arms do not exist in a vacuum. Public perception of what we do... 'where we do it and how we comport ourselves in the social dynamic of our environ is EVERYTHING! Visual perception is the initial image of intent. Embody contrivedthis 'image' deliberately an acted ashis ownagent provocateur. Furthering RTKBA is not his intended issue.Embody is... unstable at best. A petulant, attention seeking overgrown child with a deadly weapon painted as a toyto beflaunted in public... all the while dressed as some Commando Bennett wanna-be ina park fulla bunny rabbits. Negative attention is better than none I suppose.

OK... is any of this... individually or collectively RATIONAL?

Embody has done none of us any favors. He's no 'pioneer'... he's a goof witha gun that even the Brady's would'a been proud to create. Then there's the silencer he was denied purchase of... and AP ammo thing. People... this guy ain't wrapped tight. This is the sort'a nut that should not be allowed to be armed. That's right... "I" said it. Not ALLOWED! Rights bear responsibilities... 'n this doofus is about as irresponsible an actor as it gets... on purpose. This doesn't represent Open Carry... or any 'carry'. This isone goof'sperversion... no doubt there will be copycats. There always are. I fear that someplace... this 'act' of hiswill not end well.

fenderfreek

imported post

I'm 100% convinced that this guy is either a Brady wingnut or a just a general nut. No one in their right mind would do something like this unless they were specifically trying to draw negative attention to themselves and/or guns. Carrying a pistol of any sort is fine, but to do so with the sole intention of getting negative attention should never be condoned.

Carrying a gun is for protection against a real threat, not for willfully and intentionally scaring people. His stated intent is the crux of the matter, and it is not commendable.

The simple fact of the matter based on the man's own words and actions is that he's either:

1) Intentionally drawing negative media attention toward gun owners ( as an anti-gunner posing as a fringe 2A activist to work against recent TN advances in gun rights)

or

2) He's just an attention whoring loon (and does not possess the level of personal responsibility necessary to own a firearm in the first place).

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
bohdi wrote:
ixtow wrote:
bohdi wrote:
what isn't it?

There are far better ways to hunt a person, cop or not, if that's what you wanted to do.  Certainly, a bright orange muzzle break, or entire gun, does not facilitate any of the methods I have thus far described.  Claiming that one has a mind-reading crystal ball as a result of it has been debunked thoroughly.

It's just amazing how many people became mind-readers the moment he squirted some orange paint on something.  That stuff is amazing!  I wonder if I squirt some on my willy, will everyone else suddenly have certain knowledge that I am not a rapist?  Or will they all claim that I am a rapist?

Then why do they keep citing it as the reason?

Ixtow - You for some reason are not see the point here. The fact is that a lot of us are members of other websites and have read this guys posts for ourselves. We have seen the larger context of what this guy is about. I have no "agenda" against this guy, but I am not blind to the entirety of what he represents either.

It is very clear that despite his claims otherwise, he is attempting to provoke the police deliberately and he has been preparing for that for a long time. The fact that he now points to the stupidity of his original approach does not change the underlying purpose of his actions.

Now you correct me if I am wrong, but in most OC scenarios, is it not the entire purpose to OC WITHOUT an incident? Is not the idea to normalize the activity and so therefore one of the goals is to simply walk past the LEO and have NO exchange or at most a "have a nice day" as you pass? And is not the MAIN purpose to carry the weapon IN THE OPEN, and have all present who care, know that it is a weapon?

This guy went out of his way to actually create a situation that would cause ANY reasonable person to raise an eyebrow. If anyone on this forum that did not know this guy saw him in the street and did not go on situational alert they should not be carrying a firearm. Despite his claim that hiding the nature of the weapon is not a lie, it is in fact a lie. Telling people who take the time to talk to you does not change that.

In fact it is so big a lie that in reality, in my view he was NOT in OC mode at the time of this incident. That taken in the FULL context of his writings, posting and other public record, make he and his motives questionable at best. What amazes me is that it has taken days of discussion for people to begin to consider that.

Status
Not open for further replies.