• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman vowings to continue carrying AK-47 to parks draws ire from open carry advocates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
"SNIP"

Never been banned from youtube. They decided my video on how to remove and paint the tip of a firearm orange was unsafe and removed it. YouTube has videos all over which show how to grow drugs, how to break out of handcuffs, how to open padlocks, and how to remove orange tips from airsoft guns.

AP ammo is legal to own, sell, and use in Tennessee.

Just have 2 questions....Why would you want to carry AP ammo. If you ended up in a situtation where you had to shoot, whatever you hit that wasn't wearing body armor the round would go right through to whatever is beyond your target.

Why paint the tip orange? Toy guns, airsoft guns, etc have orange tips to signify its a TOY. Why try to disguise it? Just to decieve everyone around you?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
"SNIP"

Never been banned from youtube. They decided my video on how to remove and paint the tip of a firearm orange was unsafe and removed it. YouTube has videos all over which show how to grow drugs, how to break out of handcuffs, how to open padlocks, and how to remove orange tips from airsoft guns.

Just have 2 questions....Why would you want to carry AP ammo. If you ended up in a situtation where you had to shoot, whatever you hit that wasn't wearing body armor the round would go right through to whatever is beyond your target.

Why paint the tip orange? Toy guns, airsoft guns, etc have orange tips to signify its a TOY. Why try to disguise it? Just to decieve everyone around you?

Why not AP? Do you think criminals do not use bullet proof vests?

Tampa, FL 2009

Pittsburgh, PA 2009

Binghampton, NY 2009

I told the first ranger I met that the handgun was a real ak-47 handgun. When did I deceive anyone? The tip was simply painted orange. How does the tip make my firearm any more or less dangerous as a weapon?

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
"SNIP"

Why not AP? Do you think criminals do not use bullet proof vests?

Tampa, FL 2009

Pittsburgh, PA 2009

Binghampton, NY 2009

I told the first ranger I met that the handgun was a real ak-47 handgun. When did I deceive anyone? The tip was simply painted orange. How does the tip make my firearm any more or less dangerous as a weapon?

I never said they didn't wear them. But there is no way that you can be sure of what is beyond your target. That was my point.

Your quote from the TN thread....your answer as to why you painted the tip orange.

"Safety. cops don't shoot people with orange tipped handguns. When they do they think twice about it. Since most people assume it is an airsoft toy I will probably generate fewer MWAG calls."

You are trying to decieve people, making everyone around think "Oh, its just a toy". What you don't seem to understand is that it's your actions, alone when carrying a gun that will get you shot by a LEO.

I'll grant you that you haven't broken any laws, and the laws are crazy anyway. But walking looking like a soldier, carrying what appears to those that don't know their guns to be an AK-47 RIFLE, painted with an orange tip to try to make it look like an AIRSOFT gun. you will continously draw NEGATIVE attention from the general public and Law Enforcement.

Now how does that help you or anyone else for that matter?

44Brent

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Like I said I have never been charged with any crime. I have never been accused ofdomestic violence. I've never been arrested. I've never been pardoned. Never had any record expunged. When you accuse someone you need to provide some proof, where is yours?

Those of you who wish to evaluate Leonard Embody's (aka "kwikrnu") claims that he was never charged with domestic violence can come to your own conclusions by reviewing the following sources:

First, the domain registration record for his web site at www.kwikrnu.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/kwikrnu.com

Embody,Leonard
1330Ft.CampbellBlvd.
Clarksville,TN37042
US
931-553-5078fax:931-553-5078

Second, his quotations to a reporter for WKRN News in which he complained that the State of Tennessee wasn't quick enough to revoke his handgun license after being charged with domestic violence.

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=11438845

Leonard Embody is a good example of how permits are not monitored very well.

Embody was wrongly charged with a domestic crime, but still, his permit wasn't revoked until two days after his record was cleared.

"I was supposed to lose my handgun carry permit on April 3, 2008, and it took the government a little over 30 days to revoke my handgun carry permit," he said.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

There is way too much douchebaggery in this thread. I can't find a way to respect anyone who posts below mine.

:shock:

derf

imported post

So, you successfully publicized yourself?
You successfully wasted many man hours of LEO time, at taxpayers' expense. And, you pointed to a sort of "loophole" that allows people to make 7.62X39 pistols. I don't see it as a loophole but the general public will see it as a way to get around laws regarding SBRs. Your liberal gun control people will use your picture and example to say that we don't need those kinds of "semi-automatic assault weapons" "on the streets" and especially "in our parks".

Congrats. You got some attention at the expense of bringing negative attention to everyone else's 2A rights. You frightened some "sheeple" in the park.

You can be right as rain but initiating a totally unnecessary confrontation with armed LEOs is just wrong. Sure, it isn't your fault they don't know the law. They have such an easy job to do and they need your help to educate them.

Stunts like your AK in the park stroll fuel the anti gun movement.

Why not just volunteer to fix the signs that are incorrect?

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
"SNIP"
"SNIP"

I never said they didn't wear them. But there is no way that you can be sure of what is beyond your target. That was my point.

Your quote from the TN thread....your answer as to why you painted the tip orange.

"Safety. cops don't shoot people with orange tipped handguns. When they do they think twice about it. Since most people assume it is an airsoft toy I will probably generate fewer MWAG calls."

You are trying to decieve people, making everyone around think "Oh, its just a toy". What you don't seem to understand is that it's your actions, alone when carrying a gun that will get you shot by a LEO.

I'll grant you that you haven't broken any laws, and the laws are crazy anyway. But walking looking like a soldier, carrying what appears to those that don't know their guns to be an AK-47 RIFLE, painted with an orange tip to try to make it look like an AIRSOFT gun. you will continously draw NEGATIVE attention from the general public and Law Enforcement.

Now how does that help you or anyone else for that matter?
Well, how 'bout it kwikrnu???

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:

So, does it look like a toy or doesn't it? I thought it looked like a toy, but people called in a MWAG. So, it must not look like a toy. But then again the ranger thought it was a toy until I told him 2 seconds into our conversation. People paint over the tip on their airsoft guns. Are their painted over guns dangerous to them or others? If they don't paint over the tip are they more safe?

So, you propose new laws regulating the color of real firearms and prohibiting people who own toys from removing the orange plastic tip. Will criminals paint the tip of their guns to look like airsoft toys? How do you word the law? Do you prohibit the color pink from being used on firearms? What if there was an AK painted orange, but the tip was black?

orangeak.jpg

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

derf wrote:
So, you successfully publicized yourself?
You successfully wasted many man hours of LEO time, at taxpayers' expense. And, you pointed to a sort of "loophole" that allows people to make 7.62X39 pistols. I don't see it as a loophole but the general public will see it as a way to get around laws regarding SBRs. Your liberal gun control people will use your picture and example to say that we don't need those kinds of "semi-automatic assault weapons" "on the streets" and especially "in our parks".

Congrats. You got some attention at the expense of bringing negative attention to everyone else's 2A rights. You frightened some "sheeple" in the park.

You can be right as rain but initiating a totally unnecessary confrontation with armed LEOs is just wrong. Sure, it isn't your fault they don't know the law. They have such an easy job to do and they need your help to educate them.

Stunts like your AK in the park stroll fuel the anti gun movement.

Why not just volunteer to fix the signs that are incorrect?

There is no loophole. A pistol is usually defined afirearm with a rifled barrel and without a stock sometimes there is a barrel length requirement.

While you're suggesting restrictions on firearms why not limit magazine capacity, barrel length, and caliber. Make sure the firearm isn't scary either.

44Brent

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
While you're suggesting restrictions on firearms why not limit magazine capacity, barrel length, and caliber. Make sure the firearm isn't scary either.

Leonard Embody (kwikrnu) knows good and well that deanf never advocated banning any firearms. On the other hand, Leonard Embody (kwikrnu) did complain to a reporter that the state wasn't quick enough to revoke his handgun license after being charged with domestic violence.

Debate on gun permit database continues

Embody was wrongly charged with a domestic crime, but still, his permit wasn't revoked until two days after his record was cleared.

"I was supposed to lose my handgun carry permit on April 3, 2008, and it took the government a little over 30 days to revoke my handgun carry permit," he said.

Leonard has yet to explain why he complained to a reporter that the state was acting too slowing in revoking his handgun license.

ODA 226

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:

So, does it look like a toy or doesn't it? I thought it looked like a toy, but people called in a MWAG. So, it must not look like a toy. But then again the ranger thought it was a toy until I told him 2 seconds into our conversation. People paint over the tip on their airsoft guns. Are their painted over guns dangerous to them or others? If they don't paint over the tip are they more safe?

So, you propose new laws regulating the color of real firearms and prohibiting people who own toys from removing the orange plastic tip. Will criminals paint the tip of their guns to look like airsoft toys? How do you word the law? Do you prohibit the color pink from being used on firearms? What if there was an AK painted orange, but the tip was black?

orangeak.jpg
ASSHAT!

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

Leonard Embody (kwikrnu) knows good and well that deanf never advocated banning any firearms. On the other hand, Leonard Embody (kwikrnu) did complain to a reporter that the state wasn't quick enough to revoke his handgun license after being charged with domestic violence.

Debate on gun permit database continues

Leonard has yet to explain why he complained to a reporter that the state was acting too slowing in revoking his handgun license.
You continue to state that I was charged with a crime of domestic violence. I told you that was incorrect several times. It should be easy to find if i was. Post some proof or go go away.

44Brent

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
You continue to state that I was charged with a crime of domestic violence. I told you that was incorrect several times. It should be easy to find if i was. Post some proof or go go away.

It's your own words to the reporter. So, why don't you explain why you made such a complaint to a reporter about the state being too slow to revoke your license?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

44Brent wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
It's your own words to the reporter. So, why don't you explain why you made such a complaint to a reporter about the state being too slow to revoke your license?
Good Lord man. You alone could supply Wader Manufacturers with a reason to buy their product.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

It's your own words to the reporter.

No they are not my words to any reporter. I have stated many times I have never been charged with a crime. I have never been charged with any domestic violence crime.

44Brent

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
No they are not my words to any reporter. I have stated many times I have never been charged with a crime. I have never been charged with any domestic violence crime.

Well then, let's try picking this apart:
  1. Are you Leonard Embody?

[Provide the answer here]
  2. Did you ever speak to a reporter for WKRN news?

3. Were you ever "wrongly charged with a domestic crime" as stated in the article?

These should be really easy questions to answer. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. (By the way, I do appreciate the fact that you decided to spend your time at the computer this afternoon, rather than spending the day providing a photo-op for the antis.)

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:

Well then, let's try picking this apart:
  1. Are you Leonard Embody?

2. Did you ever speak to a reporter for WKRN news?

3. Were you ever "wrongly charged with a domestic crime" as stated in the article?

These should be really easy questions to answer. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice. (By the way, I do appreciate the fact that you decided to spend your time at the computer this afternoon, rather than spending the day providing a photo-op for the antis.)
#3 is no, as I have stated. The article is wrong and I will ask for a retraction.

tcmech

imported post

I disagree with the tatics that kwik is using with his ak47 pistol. I really don't care how you slice it an ak47 does not look like a pistol to me, and I own more guns than everyone else on my block combined.

That being said, I believe any person who can legally own a weapon should be able to carry that weapon with them. I don't care if it is an ak47, an ar15, a fully auto mp5, or a semi automatic handgun as I usually carry.

Extremism (I think thats a word) is usually pretty ugly, whether it is the anti gun crowd, or in this case the pro gun crowd.

I also believe that painting the tip orange to make it look like an airsoft gun is the act of an immature, or possibly mentally disturbed person who is intent on commiting a crime.

That may not be what he is advertising by saying that he only wants to keep the police from shooting him, but why as a law abiding citizen would he be worried about that?

By painting the tip to make it look like a toy he is in my mind carrying the weapon concealed. In my opinion if he is truly trying to make a point of exercising his second amendment rights, he either needs to remove the orange paint, or carry the weapon concealed if it is legal to do so where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.