• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns Akimbo d/b/a Dual Handguns

Custodian

imported post

I went out over the last weekend for target practice and fired some rounds off, felt good as usual. My friend then lent me his handgun, so I could go "Guns Akimbo". And while I felt pretty slick dual handgunning, I noticed my target looked more like Swiss cheese than perforated as I like my targets. There were holes in random places than my normal right grouping. It looked more like panic fire than anything from the pattern.

My friend then suggested using the second handgun in my off-hand as a follow-up versus firing them at the same time. Good advice cause I got back to my normal tight groups, not as much with my off-hand but better than the "Guns Akimbo" firing I did earlier.

*Sigh*, It looks good on screen and maybe useful on large targets, but on man-sized and smaller its just not practical.

Prometheus

imported post

We see some of the six gun shooters firing dual revolvers from hip and shooting bowling pins from 10 yards.

If you practice, you can get good and do it very well. Plenty of competitors prove it.