• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H 3212 Non-Concurrence in the House

PT111

imported post

I see that the House failed to concur with the Senate ammendment so I assume that it is dead. It appears that the warring factions have won and as I predicted, would be ammended out of existence and possible passage. I did not see the debate on it so have no details on what happened but if someone does have more information I would appreciate hearing it.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I thought in SC if there was non-concurrence, it would then go to a conference committee?

EDITED TO ADD -

ok actualy looks like a message is sent to the Senate, then the Senate can either Insist on their amendment or recede. If they recede, it is ratified as originally written.

If the Senate insists on the amendment, then it goes to conference committee. from there, there are far more possibilities than I would have expected..

So is this thing dead or alive or will it take another 2 years to start all over?

PT111

imported post

It appears that with the reluctance on either side to compromise I am afraid it is dead at least for this term. I hope I am wrong but any hope I had has been greatly diminished.