• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ha Ha .. all comes down to timing ... submitted new application for permit ...

davidmcbeth

Banned
It was my own form ! Gave it to chief of police (1st selectmen) before elections (he was busy doing election stuff).

But they just sent me an application. Tsk tsk tsk ... my homemade application is now a sufficient application.

They only have 7 days to send you any application that they want you to use. They are way over 7 days.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Had a meeting with our new first selectman [previous one won a state-wide office and vacated] today.

We discussed the permit application process.

He was very interested in the prior BFPE decision regarding what the BFPE considers to be mandatory to be answered on their Questionnaire and what the BFPE decided was not mandatory but optional to be completed. And taking their decision and applying it to the goofy DPS application form.

I also reviewed about 200-300 applications that resulted in applications being approved and noted where "blanks" on the forms ... asking the selectman if the blanked areas were considered not to be mandatory by the town. Many had no employer listed, some had the race section left black. Some had double checks answering both yes and no to several yes/no sections' queries.

A cornucopia of what I considered to be contrary to what testimony was given at my last 2012 BFPE hearing by the town employee that testified against me.

My goal today was to push the selectman to tell me (and other town residents) what the town considers to be mandatory to be completed and what sections, if not completed, would have no affect on the application.

Last edited: