• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a scare this morning!!!

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I will start off by saying I'm pretty close to my neighbors. They have my spare key in case I accidentally lock myself out of my house. I pay her kids to walk my dog while I'm at work. I play video games with her sun. They store some stuff in my garage because hers has no room.

So anyways I Had to go to HAWAII for RIMPAC 2012. I took my dog to UT to be with my family until I got back. I got home last night. As I was sleeping this morning, My doorbell rang and then I heard the the door opening. I immediately went from groggy to hi alert, had pistol in hand, and was getting out of bed. I then here "Brad". This is when I realized it was just my neighbor. Being in nothing but my boxers, I stayed in my room and yelled back down. "Yeah". "I'm sorry I didn't know you were home yet. I just was getting something from the garage." "Ok go ahead".

So yeah I could of shot my neighbor and possibly one of her kids today. It's a good thing she announced her self. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep and have only had about 3 hours. I'm just glad everyone is ok.

OrangeIsTrouble

I will start off by saying I'm pretty close to my neighbors. They have my spare key in case I accidentally lock myself out of my house. I pay her kids to walk my dog while I'm at work. I play video games with her sun. They store some stuff in my garage because hers has no room.

So anyways I Had to go to HAWAII for RIMPAC 2012. I took my dog to UT to be with my family until I got back. I got home last night. As I was sleeping this morning, My doorbell rang and then I heard the the door opening. I immediately went from groggy to hi alert, had pistol in hand, and was getting out of bed. I then here "Brad". This is when I realized it was just my neighbor. Being in nothing but my boxers, I stayed in my room and yelled back down. "Yeah". "I'm sorry I didn't know you were home yet. I just was getting something from the garage." "Ok go ahead".

So yeah I could of shot my neighbor and possibly one of her kids today. It's a good thing she announced her self. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep and have only had about 3 hours. I'm just glad everyone is ok.

Did you come back early? Should have notified your neighbors if you did. Just a simple text, phone call or door knock or even a note on door. This could have been easily avoided. If you came back on time and your neighbors should have known already, then they need a good talking to.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Did you come back early? Should have notified your neighbors if you did. Just a simple text, phone call or door knock or even a note on door. This could have been easily avoided.

Agrred. Good relations and good manners.

If you came back on time and your neighbors should have known already, then they need a good talking to.

The neighbor said they did not know he was home yet, but apparently took the opportunity to check and/or give any crooks inside a chance to leave before things go all pear-shaped.

Brad - the point is you did not almost shoot your neighbor because both of you acted appropriately. Go take a nap.

stay safe.

bohica_a_a

Brad - the point is you did not almost shoot your neighbor because both of you acted appropriately. Go take a nap. stay safe.

Enough said. Apparently she saw your car in the driveway? Knew enough to ring the door bell and call out to you.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

Is it really that slow of a news day :lol:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Did you come back early? Should have notified your neighbors if you did. Just a simple text, phone call or door knock or even a note on door. This could have been easily avoided. If you came back on time and your neighbors should have known already, then they need a good talking to.

I did not come back early. I came back on time. She for some reason thought I was going to be gone for a week longer. As far as texting/calling, it was late when I got home and was going to go over first thing when I woke up.

Enough said. Apparently she saw your car in the driveway? Knew enough to ring the door bell and call out to you.

I don't have a car right now. Mine got totaled before I left for Hawaii. The only reason she rang the door bell was because her son said he thought he heard me come back last night, but wasn't sure. If she new I was back she wouldn't have used the key and just called me to ask if I could open the garage. The reason she called out my name was because she heard me yell WTF really loud as soon as I heard the door knob turning.

OrangeIsTrouble

I did not come back early. I came back on time. She for some reason thought I was going to be gone for a week longer. As far as texting/calling, it was late when I got home and was going to go over first thing when I woke up.

I don't have a car right now. Mine got totaled before I left for Hawaii. The only reason she rang the door bell was because her son said he thought he heard me come back last night, but wasn't sure. If she new I was back she wouldn't have used the key and just called me to ask if I could open the garage. The reason she called out my name was because she heard me yell WTF really loud as soon as I heard the door knob turning.

Paper with ink on doors stay real quiet and get the message across if written in English. Yelling WTF should probably be reconsidered.

jbone

Is it really that slow of a news day :lol:

Somthing you would expect to see on a Yahoo news day :lol:
Anyway hope you had a good time on RIMPAC.

Last edited: