• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hamburg Wal-Mart. OC'er tresspassed from ALL Wal-Marts.

OC for ME

One cannot be denied entry to a business because of their religion, freedom of religion don't ya know.

Religion is a choice guranteed by the BOR. Also a pre-existing right .

Like the RTKABA.
Carrying a gun is a CHOICE also guranteed by the BOR and prexisted this nation.

Same thing . Open to the public business has no right, at all, to 1 claim its public and private at the same time.

Or deny the RTKABA anymore than it does to ban a person because of religious dress of symbols worn.
I'll repeat this one more time. A firearm is different from your immutable traits, CRA 1964, and a firearm is different from your religion of choice. A private property owner can kick you out just cuz you is armed. If you got a beef with that then take the anti-2A owner to court via a civil proceeding. You let us all know how that works out for ya...and how much it cost as well.

The constitution is a restraint on the state, not a restraint on me. I can kick you off my property if you OC a Glock and let the fella next to you OCing a 1911 stay. You don't like that? Take me to court.

Unless you is gunna take the anti-2A owner to court to school him on preexisting rights all of our bluster is nothing but hot air.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I posted two KY Supreme Court cases, out of hundreds of cases I've read, that makes clear what trespass is. Not one of you has posted one case supporting your position.
Businesses operate in a state at the pleasure of that state. Businesses open to the public do not have unfettered authority to demand the state enforce their policies. To be trespassed the law requires only one of two things; 1) a crime is being committed or 2) loitering, being their without purpose. It is that simple.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Last edited:

solus

Could’ve been worse...a Shreveport LA LE shown kicking a loitering suspect, already held on the ground but LE’s cohorts, in the face then charging suspect w/criminal trespass.

Oh charges dropped against suspect!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Could’ve been worse...a Shreveport LA LE shown kicking a loitering suspect, already held on the ground but LE’s cohorts, in the face then charging suspect w/criminal trespass.

Oh charges dropped against suspect!
And this is not the first time this officer has been reprimanded.

Ghost1958

I'll repeat this one more time. A firearm is different from your immutable traits, CRA 1964, and a firearm is different from your religion of choice. A private property owner can kick you out just cuz you is armed. If you got a beef with that then take the anti-2A owner to court via a civil proceeding. You let us all know how that works out for ya...and how much it cost as well.

The constitution is a restraint on the state, not a restraint on me. I can kick you off my property if you OC a Glock and let the fella next to you OCing a 1911 stay. You don't like that? Take me to court.

Unless you is gunna take the anti-2A owner to court to school him on preexisting rights all of our bluster is nothing but hot air.
I've open carried into alot of businesses with no gun signs.

Never been asked to leave or disarm.
Probably because no gun signs in ky only apply to concealed deadly weapons.

As,to your example. Yep you can kick me off your property gun or no gun.

I'm this state what you will NEVER do is manage to get any gun related charge to be brought if I'm OC, even if I refuse to go and LE has to remove me. Because though I don't have a,right to enter or remain on your PRIVATE property if told not too. I have the absolute right to be openly armed for whatever amount of time I am there.

Simply put, the gun has nothing legally to do with it.

KBCraig

One cannot be denied entry to a business because of their religion, freedom of religion don't ya know.

Walmart didn't ban him for his beliefs; they banned him for his actions.

The CRA says you can't ban someone just because they belong to a certain religion, but that doesn't mean you can start holding a religious service in a businesses and not get told to leave.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Walmart didn't ban him for his beliefs; they banned him for his actions.

The CRA says you can't ban someone just because they belong to a certain religion, but that doesn't mean you can start holding a religious service in a businesses and not get told to leave.
Where is that bright line? Could the local feeding trough post a sign that says customers may not say a prayer over the slop they are about eat?

Tango Down

Years ago, I had an issue with this type of thing. I've acquired a voicemail from Walmart Market Office (their headquarters). I can't post the attachment, it will not allow for the MP3. Any idea how to upload it on here?

Ghost1958

I've been in Wal-Mart's locally two of three times in the past week. OC every time. Big lot of nothing.

OC for ME

I've open carried into alot of businesses with no gun signs.

Never been asked to leave or disarm.
Probably because no gun signs in ky only apply to concealed deadly weapons.

As,to your example. Yep you can kick me off your property gun or no gun.

I'm this state what you will NEVER do is manage to get any gun related charge to be brought if I'm OC, even if I refuse to go and LE has to remove me. Because though I don't have a,right to enter or remain on your PRIVATE property if told not too. I have the absolute right to be openly armed for whatever amount of time I am there.

Simply put, the gun has nothing legally to do with it.
I can only conclude that you intentionally refuse to read what I post.

Those of us who refuse to graciously accept a anti-2A business owner's posted desires by splitting hairs on state laws applicability to CC and OC certainly do provide talking points to the anti-2A crowd.

By entering the anti-2A property knowing that you could be asked to leave due only to your OC'd firearm display a gross lack of respect for private property rights. Whether or not the anti-2A business owner asks you to leave is not the point, your disregard for his private property rights is the point.

Do not patronize anti-2A businesses...and this thread topic becomes moot.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Those of us who refuse to graciously accept a anti-2A business owner's posted desires by splitting hairs on state laws applicability to CC and OC certainly do provide talking points to the anti-2A crowd.

By entering the anti-2A property knowing that you could be asked to leave due only to your OC'd firearm display a gross lack of respect for private property rights. Whether or not the anti-2A business owner asks you to leave is not the point, your disregard for his private property rights is the point.

Not that I disagree with you relating to patronizing businesses that hate guns, but it seems you are ignoring my post.
https://forum.opencarry.org/index.p...from-all-wal-marts.137657/page-6#post-2243599 The courts and legislators have made it clear businesses do not have rights as human beings have; even though the USSC has ruled businesses are citizens. The courts have allowed the commerce clause to be twisted to such a point to even deny human beings their rights.

I agree with you that businesses open to the public should have more privileges, but the law and the courts say otherwise.

Ghost1958

Actually I read every word.

I just dont agree.

I don't graciously accept my RTKABA violated. And in this state passing that sign is breaking no law.

I do not respect any person who puts up a no gun sign. They are enemies of liberty.
And I will ignore them one way or another .

OC for ME

Not that I disagree with you relating to patronizing businesses that hate guns, but it seems you are ignoring my post.
https://forum.opencarry.org/index.p...from-all-wal-marts.137657/page-6#post-2243599 The courts and legislators have made it clear businesses do not have rights as human beings have; even though the USSC has ruled businesses are citizens. The courts have allowed the commerce clause to be twisted to such a point to even deny human beings their rights.

I agree with you that businesses open to the public should have more privileges, but the law and the courts say otherwise.
I did not ignore your post. Your post is valid where the business owner desires the state to do his dirty work. My point is focused on we gun owners who choose to OC (CC).

Either your respect all of our God given rights or you do not.

I do not pick and choose when to respect another citizen's right, some here do, no biggie. I have been consistent on this from my first posts on this topic. I will inconvenience myself to respect your property rights...you don't want armed patrons/customers, your choice, I will take my patronage elsewhere, to where my rights are respected.

OC for ME

Actually I read every word.

I just dont agree.

I don't graciously accept my RTKABA violated. And in this state passing that sign is breaking no law.

I do not respect any person who puts up a no gun sign. They are enemies of liberty.
A business that posts a sign is not violating your 2A guarantee until you choose to patronize the anti-2A owner's business.

I choose to inform them of a lost customer if the opportunity presents itself and that I will be relating their anti-2A position to those who will listen....no biggie.

Graciously...look it up.

Ghost1958

A business that posts a sign is not violating your 2A guarantee until you choose to patronize the anti-2A owner's business.

I choose to inform them of a lost customer if the opportunity presents itself and that I will be relating their anti-2A position to those who will listen....no biggie.

Graciously...look it up.

You have your opinion which of course you are entitled to consistently hold.

I have mine.

Ghost1958

Walmart bans open carry of firearms in stores nationwide.

Next time I'm in Ashland I'll test their no OC policy, see if I'm asked to leave.

Be doing all my hunting supply, ammo needs , and eveything else , else where.

Not sure what sign they will put up here. The only ones allowed by statute concern concealed carry, and they don't carry FOL .

Guess they will just run around telling alot of customers, here anyway they are tresspassing.

KBCraig

If you're willingly giving them your business, you're not ignoring them.