• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harless Disciplinary Hearing Postponed... Again

PistolPackingMomma

Wow...

the police officer involved in a controversial traffic stop

Controversial??? Such strong vocabulary!

Meanwhile, Harless remains on paid medical leave even after running out of sick days. Other officers donated part of their sick time,

Thin blue line I see...

The contract clause has existed for “quite a while,” he said, noting that officers have donated time off in the past to an officer who has a serious and extended illness.

Does that include mental illness?

video footage shows Harless berating a man he pulled over

Berating? Really? That's what they're going with?

Canton Police Patrolmen’s Association asked for an indefinite extension of the disciplinary hearing.

In a previous letter to Ream, the union president had said due to post-traumatic stress disorder, Harless could not assist in his defense or participate in the hearing.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Fallschirjmäger

I'm still a little confused here, so I home someone will help me out.
Exactly when did Ofc. Harless develop PTSD?

Did he have it before being hired, and if so why was someone with PTSD hired for a traumatic, stressful job?

Did he develop it while on the job? What traumatic, stressful event did he suffer? From the video evidence it would appear he was on the 'giving' end of stress, not the receiving end.

Deanimator

I'm still a little confused here, so I home someone will help me out.
Exactly when did Ofc. Harless develop PTSD?

Did he have it before being hired, and if so why was someone with PTSD hired for a traumatic, stressful job?

Did he develop it while on the job? What traumatic, stressful event did he suffer? From the video evidence it would appear he was on the 'giving' end of stress, not the receiving end.
He "developed" it when it looked like he might get fired and lose his pension...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
He "developed" it when it looked like he might get fired and lose his pension...

I read somewhere that he is claiming he thought he was going to be shot during the traffic stop and that he is suffering from severe emotional distress....Riiiiiiiiiiight....

Clearly he hasn't seen his own video.

Last edited:

Deanimator

I read somewhere that he is claiming he thought he was going to be shot during the traffic stop and that he is suffering from severe emotional distress....Riiiiiiiiiiight....

Clearly he hasn't seen his own video.
The "PTSD" is nothing but a scam to allow him to keep his pension (and tax free to boot) even if Canton can't afford to let him keep working as a cop.

Could anybody be SO stupid as to believe that he'd lie in his official report of the incident, but NOT in a disability claim?

Brian D.

Meanwhile, I am told that William Bartlett, the victim of Harless's bad temper/behavior, has yet to get back his firearm from the city of Canton. He was acquitted everything but the traffic offense, after all, so why the continued poor treatment from that odious city?

Last edited:

Deanimator

Meanwhile, I am told that William Bartlett, the victim of Harless's bad temper/behavior, has yet to get back his firearm from the city of Canton. He was acquitted everything but the traffic offense, after all, so why the continued poor treatment from that odious city?
The place to check would be the OFCC forums.

I recall SOMEBODY getting his gun back recently, but I think it was Mark Fiorino in Philly.

Update: According to a post today, it hasn't been returned yet.

Last edited:

Makarov

Its the Unions again. Keep the heat on the Canton PD. They can only put him on leave for so long! This is just a waiting game.

Last edited:

Lthrnck

Harless...

Can someone link the article that says Harless was actually a witness last week at some murder trial.

The only thing I have found is that they play a audio of Harless at the trial..

color of law

Accomplished Advocate