• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB330 is out of committee and is BAD

doobie

It includes a reference to 18 U.S.C. § 922 which (currently) brings in 18 pages of federal regulation into New Hampshire law. It also allows the federal government to change 18 U.S.C. § 922 at ANY TIME and make New Hampshire law match it.

ldsgeek

Have they modified it and not updated the online text? This version doesn't mention federal codes at all. I would still prefer HB 0536 to pass but that isn't likely as written, some provisions are unpalatable to the center/left.

KBCraig

Only the "as introduced" text shows when you go to the bill link. To see the amendments, you have to go to the docket link first.

Here's the current as-amended text:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/amendments/2011-0637h.html

As I commented on the NHLA forum:

Oh, HELL NO! :mad:

You know what's contained in 18 USC 922? The "Gun Free School Zone Act"!

NH doesn't have a GFSZA, and doesn't need to incorporate one by reference!

This is ridiculous, superfluous language. Of course nothing in state law would bar prosecution by the feds for violation of a federal law.

doobie

It wasn't updated earlier as they are usually slow. I've been told they (the committee) will be passing an amendment on the floor.