• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Helicopter Cop Lands and Harasses Woman

davidmcbeth

Banned

Dang it .. requires adobe flash ... I installed the newest version before & it wrecked havoc on my pc (others noted the same)

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/heal...olice-officer-harasses-woman-helicopter-video

written story

The police officer then asks Jones if she has any weapons and says: “Don’t put your hands in your pockets.”

"drone safety" ... nice

I would have shot that thing with my double barrel ... KaPow!

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Nothing here! Just San Bernadino California's version of NYC's stop and frisk!:shocker:

First words out of her mouth should have been "Am I being detained?" She did clearly state that she did not consent to the search he made though.

Ca Patriot

I am guessing there is more to this story.

When the video starts she is clearly out of breath and says she dropped her camera. Sounds like she was running.

She is with another person but that other person never comes over.

She has a torch and prior weapons arrests/convictions.

dmatting

I am guessing there is more to this story.

When the video starts she is clearly out of breath and says she dropped her camera. Sounds like she was running.

She is with another person but that other person never comes over.

She has a torch and prior weapons arrests/convictions.

Really? Your default position is to assign some type of suspicion to the woman rather than the cop. This coming from someone who was just recently harassed by the cops. Maybe there was something more to your story than what you told us?

Besides, the results of his search should be ignored since it was an illegal search in the first place. If there were more to this, she would have been arrested and I don't think she was even detained.

Ca Patriot

Really? Your default position is to assign some type of suspicion to the woman rather than the cop. This coming from someone who was just recently harassed by the cops. Maybe there was something more to your story than what you told us?

Besides, the results of his search should be ignored since it was an illegal search in the first place. If there were more to this, she would have been arrested and I don't think she was even detained.

dont be so sensitive skippy. i dont have a position on this story except to say i think there is more to the story.

The video was uploaded on youtube by the person who claims to be involved in the incident. Their username is "stonedagin1" and the person searched had a torch on them and previous weapons arrests/convictions.

Now keep in mind I dont believe drugs should be illegal but I do have common sense and I dont think this was a young lady collecting rocks in the desert for her college PHD thesis.

Maybe you could follow up with the people and get more information.

77zach

dont be so sensitive skippy. i dont have a position on this story except to say i think there is more to the story.

The video was uploaded on youtube by the person who claims to be involved in the incident. Their username is "stonedagin1" and the person searched had a torch on them and previous weapons arrests/convictions.

Now keep in mind I dont believe drugs should be illegal but I do have common sense and I dont think this was a young lady collecting rocks in the desert for her college PHD thesis.

Maybe you could follow up with the people and get more information.

I don't think the god appreciated a mundane filming him. You don't look m'lord in the eye. Short of her burying a body in the desert, why would he land a helicopter for her? If he thought she was that suspicious/dangerous, would he have approached her by himself?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I don't think the god appreciated a mundane filming him. You don't look m'lord in the eye. Short of her burying a body in the desert, why would he land a helicopter for her? If he thought she was that suspicious/dangerous, would he have approached her by himself?

As far as I'm concerned, his refusal to explain his RAS means he ain't got any. If cops want to play games, fine, but I'm not giving any credit or legitimacy.

Last edited:

eye95

As far as I'm concerned, his refusal to explain his RAS means he ain't got any. If cops want to play games, fine, but I'm not giving any credit or legitimacy.

Officers shouldn't play games. If it is a Terry stop, the officer should announce that the person is detained and give a simple answer to the question of why.

However, most won't and don't have to. So, if it turns out later that they had RAS, and one refuses to identify himself according to his State's law, he may find himself charge with obstruction or an equivalent.

Be careful about refusing to identify yourself. You could be wrong not to do so, and not find out until it is too late.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

eye95

Be very careful about "refuse[ing] to ID" yourself, no matter what dangerous advice is implied by a certain poster. The officer could well have RAS without you knowing. After all, he does not have to explain his RAS to you! If he has RAS and you don't think so, not identifying yourself as a result, you could be charged with a crime!

Don't be convinced to do something stupid by someone who never seems to have risked his freedom as some of us have. It's easy to talk the talk. Better advice comes from those who have walked the walk.

Freedom1Man

Be very careful about "refuse[ing] to ID" yourself, no matter what dangerous advice is implied by a certain poster. The officer could well have RAS without you knowing. After all, he does not have to explain his RAS to you! If he has RAS and you don't think so, not identifying yourself as a result, you could be charged with a crime!

Don't be convinced to do something stupid by someone who never seems to have risked his freedom as some of us have. It's easy to talk the talk. Better advice comes from those who have walked the walk.

Remember this varies state to state.

Ca Patriot

I refused to ID myself a few days ago and I got two big tickets totaling $600

Challenging the police state will almost always get you punished. They dont like to lose.

sudden valley gunner

I've been cuffed and stuffed or that issue before.

I did not break any laws by refusing to ID myself though.

Especially in Washington, they are allowed to take you in for Identification if you are engaged in something unlawful and you don't ID, but refusing to ID is not against our state law, and if they do take you in for nothing you now have a case against false arrest.

Freedom1Man

Especially in Washington, they are allowed to take you in for Identification if you are engaged in something unlawful and you don't ID, but refusing to ID is not against our state law, and if they do take you in for nothing you now have a case against false arrest.

I know, the only charge was obstruction of an office for failure to ID myself. That was the only charge levied.