• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help me write letters to government officials.

I haven't ever gotten involved in the process before, but now I want to start writing politicians and officials at the state and local level. I am a freedom loving American from a long line of patriots that have served our nation with great honor. I feel very passionately about the issues and can no longer allow myself to sit idly by as the rights they gave us are usurped by out of control government and illegitimate foreign treaties. I want to get involved and make any kind of difference that I can.

The issues I want to write about are violations of the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution and the need for change in the wake of the recent tragedies in Colorado and Wisconsin. I wish to write to urge my representatives to adopt legislation to ease the restrictions for carry of firearms, and urge opposition to illegitimate gun control treaty efforts at the UN.

I want open carry and concealed carry fully legalized without need of permit. I believe permits to bear arms are a direct violation of the wording of the 2nd Amendment which states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". We have already been given the right to keep AND bear by the Constitution, and any law or ordnance that restricts this is unconstitutional. The 2nd Amendment is inalienable, just as the rights of free speech, freedom of religion, free press, protection from illegal searches and seizures, right to a fair trial and every other God given protection of our liberties. To say we need permits is to say we need permission to exercise our rights, which is to say they have the right to infringe on our rights, which is directly violating the Constitution, which is itself the basis of all authority that the government wields.

I am going to write, but who should I write to? I plan to send Jake Knotts and his opponent Katrina Shealy, but I am also considering letters to the governor, state supreme court, attorney general, and my sheriff. I'm going to use pencil and paper so these people will see that I put time and effort into my words instead of typing something up on the computer.

Last edited: