• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help!!

marine77

imported post

My paper carried an article today against carrying guns in bars (although in tenn-

essee there is no definition for them) and I'm wanting to write another denouncing

all that he's written. (Thank god the governor vetoed it, what were the other legis-

lators thinking about!!!, yada, yada, yada, same ole, same ole.)

Needing websites, and statistics about this to refute all that he is writing about and

possibly to educate a lot of others too. All help appreciated, thanks.

NightOwl

imported post

What exactly did they say that you're looking to refute? Would be helpful beyond just "guns in bars". A gun walks into a bar...?

marine77

imported post

Should have made it clearer. It's not bars per se, but restaurants that serve liquor

and beer. What i was needing was stats from other states that would refute all

this person is writing about. Now how is that, clearer?

JohnK87

imported post

You could start with a list of states that do NOT prohibit carrying open or concealed in bars or restaurants that serve alcohol. Minnesota, where I live, does not prohibit it but has a 0.04% limit where your permit is violated. I am not aware of any incidents where this has taken place.

thorvaldr

imported post

Statistics are irrelevant. The simple logic is that laws only affect people who follow laws. How much did your "no guns in bars" law help Benjamin Felix Goeser? He was shot at Jonny's Sports Bar on Nolensville Road in Nashville, on April 2, 2009. Dangerous people who do bad things don't care about laws and carry were ever they want.