• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heres an interesting "What if".....

MKEgal

grandpa said:
What if someone (anti-gun) sees you OCing and it really really bothers them to the point of them calling the police on you and say you "threatened them with a gun" even though it would be a blatant lie
Almost since I've been carrying, I've been switching up the markings on my carry pistol from time to time, Just In Case something like this happened.
Markings? :eek:
Various stickers, usually on the slide. Things like a teacher would put on a school paper for an A.
Sometimes tape of different colors.*
Something that's a clear contrast to the basic black & would be seen easily if I'd actually had it out of the holster, but is covered by the holster.

If something like that happened, when the Nice Officers [TM] arrived to investigate I'd ask them to ask the complainant to describe my pistol. (Preferably while standing in front of their car & its audio/video recorder.)
Once they got a description ("it's black, it's evil") I'd let them look at my pistol. It should be very plain that the person was lying. S/he would be unable to describe where the marking is, or what color.

Then yes, I'd certainly sign a complaint & agree to testify against the person for their abuse of the 911 system, making a false report, wasting police resources, and malicious actions against me.

* It's a Glock. Not much can hurt it.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Y'know... I kinda like that idea, MKE. Another thing I had an idea about but wasn't sure how to implement was a 'microtagged' holster add-on. One that would dispense a couple thousand micro-stamped tags when the pistol was withdrawn from the holster. No tags - it wasn't drawn.

OC for ME

"Hearsay" is a term regarding evidence presented in court. What the 911 caller is saying is not being used in court--at least not yet. It is being used to justify the very first stages of an investigation, the investigatory stop, which only requires RAS. The officer could formulate RAS using, in part, the information relayed from the dispatcher.
.....never mind. I was about to slide off into the weeds. Hearsay only exists in a courtroom. And seems to benefit the state more times than not. Thanks.