• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi I'm looking to write a paper on Open Carry, please watch this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEGAL///EAGLE

Are you serious ? What you did just proves the point I made. lol :lol:

And the officers can avoid that embarrassment by simply following the law & their training. (Hopefully their training includes simple things like "follow the law".)

Since his exercise of Constitutionally-protected rights [1A & 2A] was the reason someone involved the police, how do you conclude that they were not also the reason he was stopped?

It's sad that the officers didn't want to know things that would help them not only do their job better, but avoid being included in civil rights suits. Once people think they know everything, they stop developing, even start backsliding.

You think other officers would have done illegal things to him (or worse illegal things... I haven't watched the video)? And why would the one officer knowing him cause any deviation in their following of their training?

It's legal in most states, to varying degrees. Most places it's a protected right, some places it's infringed (a license is required), a very few places prohibit it entirely or restrict it so badly that it may as well not exist.

If people don't speak up when things are wrong, they won't get changed.

All I got from your post was that I needed to add the N to "known". Thanks, buddy. If you think I'm going to respond to all of your quotes - think again. Maybe I should pull the same song and dance as Grapeshot and accuse you of taking things out of context.

Wait a minute, you edited my opinion of warren but your website specifically says you do not want to discuss the open carry of long guns. You have some serious issues. How can you support the second amendment yet not the first?

You pick and choose, huh? edit out the common sense leave the nonsense ?

If I met you in a meet and greet would you get huffy and walk away if I disagreed with you? You can't edit a person IRL - and that's where I do my business - you do yours in a padded, safe, controllable environment. The real world isn't as controllable as you may like

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Are you serious ? What you did just proves the point I made. lol :lol:

Very serious - OCDO is private property, not a free speech anything goes zone.
When you register, you agree to abide by the Forum Rules -it would behoove you to review them.

We are read by the media, politicians, pro and anti people - indeed non-registered people make up about 75% of our readership at any given time. The forum will operate within boundaries of proper decorum.

eye95

Folks have the right to say anything they want. They just don't have the right to use someone else's soap box!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The OP has not been back in nearly 3 weeks.

Present conversation is totally off-topic and has become a train wreck.

Locking the thread for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.