• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

high school student saves teachers life after being attacked by another teacher

lil_freak_66

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-teacher-stabs-teacher,0,2255944.story

few random snips from the article

Dozens of teens and teachers froze as they say 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts(a teacher) began viciously stabbing fellow English teacher Cynthia Glozier. 3 wounds to the head, 2 puncture wounds to the neck, a dozen more to her back and body.

6 foot, 220 pound Poughkeepsie Senior Justin Richardson saw the attack from the end of the hallway. A Championship linebacker, he said all his coach's training just kicked in.

"I saw Ms. Ricketts just hammering her in the side of head. I saw a lot of blood. It was shocking. I just jammed her really hard to get the screwdriver fly out of her hand. If I didn't step in she would have killed her."

Many here say it looked like 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts was intent on killing 54-year-old Cynthia Glozier. The attack was captured on surveillance video, now in police possession.

xmanhockey7

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-teacher-stabs-teacher,0,2255944.story

few random snips from the article

Dozens of teens and teachers froze as they say 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts(a teacher) began viciously stabbing fellow English teacher Cynthia Glozier. 3 wounds to the head, 2 puncture wounds to the neck, a dozen more to her back and body.

6 foot, 220 pound Poughkeepsie Senior Justin Richardson saw the attack from the end of the hallway. A Championship linebacker, he said all his coach's training just kicked in.

"I saw Ms. Ricketts just hammering her in the side of head. I saw a lot of blood. It was shocking. I just jammed her really hard to get the screwdriver fly out of her hand. If I didn't step in she would have killed her."

Many here say it looked like 40-year-old Ronette Ricketts was intent on killing 54-year-old Cynthia Glozier. The attack was captured on surveillance video, now in police possession.

Screwdrivers need to only be in the hands of licensed professionals at schools. And registered.

JoeSparky

Centurion
The attacker is free on bail according to the linked report. A question or two...

Will she face the same "ZERO TOLERANCE" penalty that so many STUDENTS face with "weapons" at school? or will her Teacher's Union seek to have her treated for the "PTSD" like the OHIO police officer's union is doing for the OPO MR. Harless (I will not refer to him as a "Law Enforcement Officer" as he is per the videos an OPINION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER).

rscottie

Not attempted Murder?

I do not understand why the attacker is free on bond? This was a heinous crime.

They also did not charge her with attempted murder.

paramedic70002

Students packed the courthouse to show support for her? :shocker: :eek::banghead: :cuss: Unbelievable!!!

And why weren't they in school?

Young Mr. Richardson deserves a medal. And it's a rare student who can legally tackle a teacher. Wow.

okboomer

Students packed the courthouse to show support for her? :shocker: :eek::banghead: :cuss: Unbelievable!!!

And why weren't they in school?

Young Mr. Richardson deserves a medal. And it's a rare student who can legally tackle a teacher. Wow.

Yeah, really. He's not on suspension for assault and battery or some other breech of school rules?

MKEgal

Very proud of that boy.
He should get an award & the attacker should be charged w/ attempted murder, as well as possession of a weapon in a school zone.

In the student handbook @ a college I attended they forbade any fighting, even self-defense.
They said that by admitting you struck someone in self-defense you were admitting to fighting, but that might be taken into account when deciding your punishment for fighting.
Abso-blippin-lute asinine idiocy.

And yes, they banned carry as soon as it was legal. (But didn't install metal detectors or anything else that would actually keep people safer.)

since9

Campaign Veteran
Screwdrivers need to only be in the hands of licensed professionals at schools. And registered.

That's off the map, but not nearly enough. We need to ensure all screwdrivers, knives, ice-picks, tire irons, broken bottles, and sharp sticks have their own unique serial number. Constitution will be suspended as police raid every residence in the U.S. to search for and confiscate these dangerous tools. Anyone wishing to continue using these dangerous tools must attend a mandatory, $250, 3-day weapons orientation course designed primarily to brainwash you into registering everything including that lava lamp Aunt Gertrude gave you in 1973, as well as to teach you how to rapidly and accurately snitch on everyone you know.

No purchase of these or many other dangerous tools can be made without a valid, current dangerous tools license (DTL), and the use or possession of dangerous tools without a license (UPDTWAL i.e. "up the wall") will be punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment not to exceed $10,000 and/or or five years.

Because shoelaces falls into this category, all shoes sold to minors must use velcro closures.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
That's off the map, but not nearly enough. We need to ensure all screwdrivers, knives, ice-picks, tire irons, broken bottles, and sharp sticks have their own unique serial number. Constitution will be suspended as police raid every residence in the U.S. to search for and confiscate these dangerous tools. Anyone wishing to continue using these dangerous tools must attend a mandatory, $250, 3-day weapons orientation course designed primarily to brainwash you into registering everything including that lava lamp Aunt Gertrude gave you in 1973, as well as to teach you how to rapidly and accurately snitch on everyone you know.

No purchase of these or many other dangerous tools can be made without a valid, current dangerous tools license (DTL), and the use or possession of dangerous tools without a license (UPDTWAL i.e. "up the wall") will be punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment not to exceed $10,000 and/or or five years.

Because shoelaces falls into this category, all shoes sold to minors must use velcro closures.

THIS post was amazing. The lulz have flowed like a river today...

Anyone wishing to use a screw driver shorter than 16 inches in length can apply for a short screw driver tax stamp at the cost of $200 USD payable to the BATF

Last edited:

shastadude17

What was the student thinking? He should have just called the police instead of tackling in such close proximity to the victim or other bystanders. What if he tackled into someone else?!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
What was the student thinking? He should have just called the police instead of tackling in such close proximity to the victim or other bystanders. What if he tackled into someone else?!

Let's just be thankful he didn't draw his own screw driver and possibly screw drive a bystander.

shastadude17

They need to propose a bill banning assault hardware. The Police are there to "Serve & Protect". It's what they're trained and paid to do. It's just unnecessary risk getting involved. It's better to be a good witness than to risk anything else.

JoeSparky

Centurion
They need to propose a bill banning assault hardware. The Police are there to "Serve & Protect". It's what they're trained and paid to do. It's just unnecessary risk getting involved. It's better to be a good witness than to risk anything else.

With a total post count of 4, I don't see enough of a pattern to determine if this quoted post is SARCASM or not. Assuming a positive intent I THINK it is Sarcasm especially since some of my own posts haven't been recognized as the intended humor they were or as sarcasm.

And welcome to the forum!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
With a total post count of 4, I don't see enough of a pattern to determine if this quoted post is SARCASM or not. Assuming a positive intent I THINK it is Sarcasm especially since some of my own posts haven't been recognized as the intended humor they were or as sarcasm.

And welcome to the forum!

he was just kidding

Jake8x7

Activist Member
This couldn't have happened in the great state of Florida because our school zones are "weapons free". She probably just didn't know that assault was illegal. Obviously this school needs to post more appropriate signs, such as "assault free zone". Shame on the school board for making such a costly error!