• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

highpoint firearms

WalkingWolf

So do the pictures you linked of the XD's and the 1911's and the revolvers and what is that a howitzer? also mean Glocks "have a reputation for blowing up"? Or do they lend themselves the actual fact that all guns can blow up if there is a problem?

I'm gonna go with B on that one.

Oh look, there's a Beretta, wait a couple. There's an AR in there. There's a few H&K's. A smattering of more 1911's. Lot's of different revolvers in there. Cool links. Proves nothing really, but the pics are cool. OH, there's a few M&P's also. Nice.

I made a claim that glocks blow up, I substantiated that claim, you should untwist your panties.

mobiushky

I made a claim that glocks blow up, I substantiated that claim, you should untwist your panties.

From your link proving "glocks blow up" I found this:

http://www.gunslot.com/pictures/kaboom

You might want to rush over there and call them racists for showing a picture of a Hi-Point blown up in what is obviously supposed to be an only glocks blow up search...

here's the picture if you don't want to...
64341.jpg

WalkingWolf

From your link proving "glocks blow up" I found this:

http://www.gunslot.com/pictures/kaboom

You might want to rush over there and call them racists for showing a picture of a Hi-Point blown up in what is obviously supposed to be an only glocks blow up search...

here's the picture if you don't want to...
View attachment 11087

So you found one picture of a hi point, among hundreds of glocks.:lol::lol::lol:

And if the owner sends the Hi Point to the factory they will replace it. NO CHARGE!

I still would not own a Glock and think they are overpriced junk. :lol::lol::lol:

BriKuz

My wife and I both own 4095 carbines... we love them! not a single ftf with about 700 rounds of mostly blazer brass and a little rem umc without a single FTF in either weapon. We'll be getting two more soon (AFTER I get MY AR... funny, the wife got HER AR first lmao)

mobiushky

So you found one picture of a hi point, among hundreds of glocks.:lol::lol::lol:

And if the owner sends the Hi Point to the factory they will replace it. NO CHARGE!

I still would not own a Glock and think they are overpriced junk. :lol::lol::lol:

Well to be fair I found a picture of a Hi-Point among hundreds of pictures of Glocks, Smith&Wessons, Beretta's, Rugers, Howitzers, Tanks, Muskets, AR's, Shotguns, H&K's, Revolver's, and I think there was a cannon in there also. You tried to stack the deck and even that failed to prove anything other than guns can blow up. You haven't proved that Glocks have a reputation for it, like you claimed.

I know you're backing off that, but you still haven't proved there is a industry accepted standard that Glocks have a reputation for blowing up. That was what you claimed before.

You're welcome to think they're overpriced junk. Doesn't bother me at all if you do. But you made a false accusation about something. I would do the same thing if you falsely claimed "revolvers make you sterile".

WalkingWolf

I am not backing off anything, Glocks blow up, they seem to blow up more than any other gun. They clearly blow up more than Hi Points, and if a HP does blow up the factory replaces it free of charge. Glocks are unsafe junk, IMO, but I do not care if others want to buy the expensive hunk of junk.

If it doesn't bother you why are you still yelping?

Last edited:

mobiushky

I am not backing off anything, Glocks blow up, they seem to blow up more than any other gun. They clearly blow up more than Hi Points, and if a HP does blow up the factory replaces it free of charge. Glocks are unsafe junk, IMO, but I do not care if others want to buy the expensive hunk of junk.

If it doesn't bother you why are you still yelping?

And you are wrong. And you have substantiated nothing. Which means you're are all cling and clatter and nothing of value. And that being the case, you're advice is at best questionable. And in this case, just plain wrong. So to all reading, we can discount your advice on pretty much anything. I suppose you're free to repeat the false information, but really it just proves the point more than anything.

WalkingWolf

And you are wrong. And you have substantiated nothing. Which means you're are all cling and clatter and nothing of value. And that being the case, you're advice is at best questionable. And in this case, just plain wrong. So to all reading, we can discount your advice on pretty much anything. I suppose you're free to repeat the false information, but really it just proves the point more than anything.

Soooo I made up the pictures of the Glock junk? It is really funny you had no problem with calling a HP junk, but are so upset over someone calling a Glunk a overpriced hunk of junk. Not only am I not wrong I am not a hypocrite either.

EMNofSeattle

Hi-points are garbage, they can get away with that warranty because most hi-point owners don't shoot their hi-point that often, and most hi-point owners probably will just buy WWB ammo and never put a +p load through it.

the mettalurgy is not sound, and .40 and .45 are rounds too hot to be running with a Direct Blowback.

glocks are clearly superior to hi-points. you and I meet, and lets just shoot, and we'll see who's gun malfunctions first....

"If history teaches anything it's that self delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly"

-Ronald Reagan.

mobiushky

Soooo I made up the pictures of the Glock junk? It is really funny you had no problem with calling a HP junk, but are so upset over someone calling a Glunk a overpriced hunk of junk. Not only am I not wrong I am not a hypocrite either.

You posted a link to a search for pictures. Many of them were the same picture repeated many times. Also in that same search you posted were nearly the same volume of pictures of other guns that unless I'm way off base were not made by glock. Unless you are somehow morphing the media term glock to mean any firearm they don't know. In which case, I saw just as many glock revolvers and glock XD's and glock 1911's and glock berettas and glock rugers and glock other things. You have proved nothing. You made a false claim and can't back it up. That makes you unreliable as advice goes. It's one thing to make a false claim and then admit you were wrong. You made a false claim. Proved it was invalid in a botched attempt to prove yourself. Now you are projecting statements on to me that I never made.

I'd say that makes you a bad source of advice.

I'd love to see the statistical evidence that shows that glocks have a higher percentage of catastrophic failure than any other gun and the industry recognized paper that proves they have a "reputation for blowing up." It was your claim.

mobiushky

Hi-points are garbage, they can get away with that warranty because most hi-point owners don't shoot their hi-point that often, and most hi-point owners probably will just buy WWB ammo and never put a +p load through it.

the mettalurgy is not sound, and .40 and .45 are rounds too hot to be running with a Direct Blowback.

glocks are clearly superior to hi-points. you and I meet, and lets just shoot, and we'll see who's gun malfunctions first....

"If history teaches anything it's that self delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly"

-Ronald Reagan.

Apparently this makes you a racist. Somehow. I'm not sure how, but this is what I've been told.

WalkingWolf

IMO anybody that advises people to go unarmed is giving horrible advice, but then I am not stupid.

Glunks are junk!

Last edited:

mobiushky

IMO anybody that advises people to go unarmed is giving horrible advice, but then I am not stupid.

Glunks are junk!

In my mind, anyone who would falsely accuse and refuse to prove it is equal in their bad advice. Although, since no one here advised anyone to go unarmed, that's not an issue. So you have nothing to worry about. Well, except maybe a new reputation for providing bad advice and being wrong. But that's not my problem.

WalkingWolf

In my mind, anyone who would falsely accuse and refuse to prove it is equal in their bad advice. Although, since no one here advised anyone to go unarmed, that's not an issue. So you have nothing to worry about. Well, except maybe a new reputation for providing bad advice and being wrong. But that's not my problem.

You should not be so hard on yourself...

DrakeZ07

-Ronald Reagan.

I go to the range every weekend, no matter if its 106F and storming, or -1F and a blizzard. I put 200rnds through my Hi-Point every weekend. I have not once cleaned, or oiled my HP in the two and a half years that I've owned it. I fire a mix of Federal brand FMJ, and what my friend reloads for me as +P. I openly carry my HP, I trust my pistol with my life, and with the life of my possessions, and family. I prefer the weight and bulk of the Hi-Point over the more femmy designs of Glock, Springfield, etc, etc. I have never, not once, had a failure to feed, nor a failure to fire, in my Hi-Point .40SW. I have not had to adjust, or shave off, or grind down, or replace a single part or item on my pistol.

My Taurus PT100 .40SW has to have the slide replaced twice.

My Ruger Bearcat .45LC revolver had to have the trigger replaced once.

My RIA 1911 has had seventeen Failure to Feed/Fire every 720 rounds fired through it and is cleaned and dry-lubed twice a week.

My Hi-point .45ACP is a new addition as of this past Yiffsmas/Christmas, so far I have fired two 9rnd mags through it during a new years eve party, and had no issues with it, I am however lacking .45ACP ammo to use in it.

My Smith & Wesson i-Bolt .30-06 has had it's magazine well shaven, and grind-ed to end the aggravating failure to lock the bolt... twice. the 400$ Leopold scope has had to be factory replaced three times because of poor shock absorption.

My Panther DPMS has been a headache since buying it.

My 50year old Stevens single barrel 20G has performed flawlessly, akin to the Hi-Points.

I don't like to qoute presidents, because they all tend to be full of fecal matter, so all I will leave you with is; "The world is a stage, and all the men and women merely actors, for one shall play many parts in their life." Qouting Shakespeare from memory.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I go to the range every weekend, no matter if its 106F and storming, or -1F and a blizzard. I put 200rnds through my Hi-Point every weekend. I have not once cleaned, or oiled my HP in the two and a half years that I've owned it. I fire a mix of Federal brand FMJ, and what my friend reloads for me as +P. I openly carry my HP, I trust my pistol with my life, and with the life of my possessions, and family. I prefer the weight and bulk of the Hi-Point over the more femmy designs of Glock, Springfield, etc, etc. I have never, not once, had a failure to feed, nor a failure to fire, in my Hi-Point .40SW. I have not had to adjust, or shave off, or grind down, or replace a single part or item on my pistol.

My Taurus PT100 .40SW has to have the slide replaced twice.

My Ruger Bearcat .45LC revolver had to have the trigger replaced once.

My RIA 1911 has had seventeen Failure to Feed/Fire every 720 rounds fired through it and is cleaned and dry-lubed twice a week.

My Hi-point .45ACP is a new addition as of this past Yiffsmas/Christmas, so far I have fired two 9rnd mags through it during a new years eve party, and had no issues with it, I am however lacking .45ACP ammo to use in it.

My Smith & Wesson i-Bolt .30-06 has had it's magazine well shaven, and grind-ed to end the aggravating failure to lock the bolt... twice. the 400$ Leopold scope has had to be factory replaced three times because of poor shock absorption.

My Panther DPMS has been a headache since buying it.

My 50year old Stevens single barrel 20G has performed flawlessly, akin to the Hi-Points.

I don't like to qoute presidents, because they all tend to be full of fecal matter, so all I will leave you with is; "The world is a stage, and all the men and women merely actors, for one shall play many parts in their life." Qouting Shakespeare from memory.

never once.... bullsh*t there is no pistol made today that will fire that volume over time and have no failures with zero maintaince.

you can't bullsh*t science. there is no way in hell you're firing 9600 rounds a year for two years at a time with no cleaning and the pistol functions with zero malfunctions. no pistol does that and in a blow back the corrossive materials would be smeared all over the moving parts of the pistol. I can safely discount this hi-point fan fic as what it is

bull sh*t

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

To the folks who don't like them - OK that is your opinion. The slides are made of ZAMAC 3. Many other companies use this in firearms including Henry rifle, and WALTHER. I suspect many who don't like them based their opinion on looks or internet lure.

I own many Glocks - I NEVER EVER shoot lead round nose bullets out of them. Why? The octagonal rifling can become clogged and cause the barrel to explode. Guess what? Can shoot cheap reloads through the hi-points all day long.

We have some real "internet kommando's" here who know everything about everything. Some are too young to even get a permit from their home state. I have fired thousand of rounds through both hi-points and glocks over the last 20+ years. Both have their weak & strong points. Comparing them is an indicator of someone who know little about them.

To each their own. In closing - to the expert that suggests that they (Hi-Points) won't feed JHP rounds - yet another indicator, of someone who has little to no experience with the 1911/45acp pistol platform. ALL 45's can be ammo sensitive when it comes to JHP's thus is why the pictures I posted showed that one brand ran flawlessly vs another....same holds true for many modern semi-auto pistols.

Carry on oh great guru's of keyboard combat...:confused:

My posts are based on real world experience... doubt you can say the same. :rolleyes:

De5115

I shot the Hi Point 9mm a few months ago.

A co-worker of mine has been getting into food storage preparation and decided that his next step should be home defense so he went and bought a Hi Point 9mm. I took him to the range to give him some pointers.

It is thick gun for a single stack. I think it was just a 7 or 8 round magazine and the gun only came with 1. I think the Magazine spring was weak because without it would fail to put into battery the last round or 2. Granted this is the brake in period me we only shot less than 150 rounds through it. The good thing about that is he understands and gets to practice remedial actions.

The gun is thick and I was able to get a solid grip on it. The sights are easy to pick up and they are adjustable.

The trigger is not the best but is manageable. For someone who doesn't shoot very much they aren't going to notice.

Also keep in mind that you need a tool to brake the pistol down. For my friend it probably doesn't matter because he is going to need a manual to brake it down and clean it anyways. A good thing is that because it is a blowback, it probably doesn't get too grimmey.

For this guy it was the Hi Point or probably not end up buying anything. So I say even with the issues it was a good buy. He later took his wife and kid shooting and they had a good time. I think he still had the same feed issues. If he gets some new magazines Nd the gun feeds well I don't see anything wrong with it for him.

My advice for the OP is now you know the features. Buy it and try it. I would not use it as a carry gun if you have Feed issues with yours. But if you have no issues after a few hundred rounds then go ahead and Carry it.

DrakeZ07

never once.... bullsh*t there is no pistol made today that will fire that volume over time and have no failures with zero maintaince.

you can't bullsh*t science. there is no way in hell you're firing 9600 rounds a year for two years at a time with no cleaning and the pistol functions with zero malfunctions. no pistol does that and in a blow back the corrossive materials would be smeared all over the moving parts of the pistol. I can safely discount this hi-point fan fic as what it is

bull sh*t

I actually fire more around 10k rounds a year for my HP .40 alone. about 2k for the PT100, 2k for the ruger and i-bolt themselves, I lose count often of how many hundreds of rounds I fire in my shotty.

Tell me, oh great and wise one, about the supposed "corrosive materials being smeared all over the working parts of the pistol". Please, tell me, because my pistol has fewer moving parts than my Taurus, 1911, and any semi-auto pistol I've fired thus far. Have you broken down a Hi-point .40? If not, then you wouldn't know the spacing, and freedom of movement in and around the few "moving parts". And tell me, when did Federal brand ammo use corrosive powder, or casings? Have they just randomly decided to say 'screw quality, let's be a high-priced Tul-ammo!'. And I suppose you're going to allege that my friend whom reloads rounds for me, uses sub-par powder and primers? Interesting, I wonder if the fifty bucks per 500rounds reloaded he charges me is mostly used in buying cheap corrosive materials.

EMN, a Hi-Point is reliable because it is built to the same effect as a Russian AK-47 was built. It has plenty of space and movement between parts, so where dirt, grime, and foreign bodies do not phase, or affect the performance of the weapon. The Hi-point utilizes highly durable composite and quality metals in its fabrication, that resist sub-prime, or corrosive rounds.

Firing four hundred rounds of corrosive off-brand Chinese .40cal ammo, through my Taurus, resulted in me needed to replace the barrel, and a couple parts. I've done the same with my Hi-point, and my 1911, side by side, and have had no troubles with the HP, and no troubles with the 1911, the only difference between the latter two is, one is heavily cleaned regularly, the other is never cleaned or lubed.

So, before you 'jump the gun' and continue to bash, and attack my weapon, or my experiences with my weapon, I suggest you take a step back, and try walking a mile in a Hi-point owner's shoes. Because at least -I- have owned Glocks, Rugers, Tauruses, and RIA firearms long enough to know their short-falls, and strengths, and can make a sound, experience-based judgement against, or for them. You on the other paw, lack the experience, and foresight to make any remotely sound judgement, based solely on your previous lashing, bashing, and verbal assaults on myself, and other Hi-Point owners.