• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hilton Hotels Brand Open & Concealed Carry Postings

jmaynard

All, at a recent stay at Hilton I was shocked to find not only 30.07 signs but 30.06 signs. I have sent Hilton corporate my concerns including relevant facts. I got numerous responses from Corporate stating that they would forward my concerns to the local management. Here is the last response from the 'Owner/General Manager'.

Thank-you for your input on our policy of disallowing concealed weapons on property. I fully understand your sentiment of your preference to not patronize establishments that enlist this policy. Respectfully, all citizens and property owners must choose what makes sense to their beliefs. Thus, as private property owners, we have the lawful decision to decide and post our preference of this limitation on hotel property. We did not make this decision lightly and feel that this policy works best for the majority of all guests.

Jay Campbell I General Manager

HILTON HOUSTON POST OAK
t: +1 713 968 1350 I f: +1 713 968 1319
2001 Post Oak Boulevard I Houston, TX 77056 I USA

I encourage every single CHL licensed person to contact Jay and let them know that there are plenty of reasonable 'other' hotels in Houston that are willing to accept our patronage. His email is: jay.Campbell@hilton.com

I also encourage you to email the corporate officers at Hilton as they, as the brand representatives, can override this single persons inability to deal with facts and suspecion and force the property to remove this unreasonable restriction. They are as follows:

Joe.Berger@hilton.com
kristin.campbell@hilton.com
hilton.comments@hilton.com
kristy.myrick@hilton.com
jim.holthouser@hilton.com
stephen.arnold@hilton.com
chris.nassetta@hilton.com

Please spread these emails and get have all of our law abiding citizens send a clear message that the Hilton brands are not welcoming us and we can chose to spend our money elsewhere.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Have them sign a contract that negates any signage. If they don't , don't visit.

I think that the Hilton is a family run business. Likely they are lizzurds.

stealthyeliminator

If you rent a room from them, I don't think they can legally prohibit you from having your handgun in your room, or transporting it between your vehicle and your room. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this. I don't have an opportunity to search at the moment.

Something like, 30.06 applies to those carrying under the authority of the CHL, but the authority that the CHL offers isn't applicable because it isn't otherwise an offense to carry on a premises under your control (rented hotel room) or when directly en route to your vehicle.

I'm not a lawyer, don't take my word for it.

Taypo

If you rent a room from them, I don't think they can legally prohibit you from having your handgun in your room, or transporting it between your vehicle and your room. Maybe someone can confirm or deny this. I don't have an opportunity to search at the moment.

Something like, 30.06 applies to those carrying under the authority of the CHL, but the authority that the CHL offers isn't applicable because it isn't otherwise an offense to carry on a premises under your control (rented hotel room) or when directly en route to your vehicle.

I'm not a lawyer, don't take my word for it.

As far as I'm aware, there's not been a test case for this one yet in Texas. They cant ban in the room but they be able to ban in common areas - similar to apartment complex rules.

There's also Texas Occupations Code § 2155.103, which tells the hotels they must provide gun restriction information when making a reservation via website or phone. Hilton's website is actually posted with what appear to be legal notices, at least for Texas.

I've lucked out and avoided posted hotels so far, but I'll carry concealed to and from the room if I must.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Natural person rights trump non-natural person rights in my book.

There I said it, living beings have different rights than non-living entities ... not surprising, been like that since the inception of this nation.

EX: You, a natural person, can represent yourself w/o a licensed attny --- a corporation cannot have one of its officers who is not an attny represent the company in court.