• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hollywood vs Reality: Officer Involved Shootings

gunns

That was informative. But I still have to ask about those videos of police shooting 12 or more times and missing every time. I would think training would have kicked in and let one of them land on target. Or is it a lack of practice?

OC for ME

That is a good question. I'll hazard a guess and postulate that if cops had to buy their own ammo they'd be better shots, requiring fewer rounds down range. Don't even get me started on 'not checking beyond the target' after draining a mag, or two, without any visible signs of effective fire.

papa bear

it made my eyes bleed it was so boring. it was very bias toward the police officer. example; the officer very seldom gets charge with the deadly assault on a citizen.

he/she has more power and back up. the citizen is already at a disadvantage

talking about them shooting someone in the hand, yes that is ridiculous. but what about the shooting of an unarmed citizen. automatically pulling your weapon on an unarmed person and not using less non-deadly force should be one of the main course.