• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hopkinton Fair OC Today

nhoc

Hi Everyone,

Today I OC'ed at the Hopkinton fair and thought I'd share my experiences with everyone given the recent Fair Season discussion. I carried my Glock 19 in a black leather Galco belt holster. The holser is the type which leaves the barrel exposed and has no strap or thub break. My wife and I arrived around noon, spent the entire day parusing around, sat in the front row at the Durgin arena, went to the demo-derby this evening and stayed for the hypnosis show until about 10:30pm. I passed a number of cops, fair personnel, women and children, etc. Not one word, not one frightened look, a couple kids pointed and said something to their parents but no action from anyone. Over all, a very peaceful and hopefully educational experience for all that noticed. I'm almost positive at least 2-3 cops saw me and they didn't seem to care. I know I clearly walked by at least 10. For me it was a very satisfying experience not being hassled by anyone for anything. I've read a number of stories about people running into trouble. I open carry alot and have never had as much as a nod directed towards me. I dont know if I'm just lucky or if the general public and the police are for the most part properly educated on the US & NH Constitution :)

Anyway... my 2 cents. It would seem for those heading to Hopkinton this weekend (or tomorrow anyway), you should be fine.

~NHOC.