• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How does NH rate along side other states?

MagsH2

Ive noticed in a few threads that some were complaining about OCing in NH and the laws here not being so wonderfull. Now I have an LTC in NH, ME and MA. BY far MA is the worst. I would put ME next, you can OC there, have castle doctrine and is a shall issue with resonable fees. They have a funky alchohol/ bar statement in the law. NH, besides VT seems like the best in the North east. OC is good, castle doctrine, no bar ruling, resident fee low. I know we just missed constitutional carry this summer and Govner vetoed the stand your ground bill. The liberals are killing us here but none the less NH seems like a winner. How about through out the country? I dont know all the other states laws, but besides the states that got Const. Carry, wouldn't NH be in the top five? Your thoughts please...

KBCraig

NH has the best system of any state that requires a permit to carry concealed. Aside from the ultimate goal of constitutional carry, the only downside is that loaded car carry requires a license. There's also the issue of loaded firearms on OHRVs, which should have the same status as motor vehicles.

KBCraig

There are no issues I'm aware of. Permit required for carrying in a motor vehicle.

OHRVs aren't "motor vehicles", though.

I was misremembering, and I thought the ban on carrying loaded firearms on OHRVs included handguns. It doesn't.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xviii/207/207-7.htm

207:7 Hunting From Motor Vehicle, OHRV, Snowmobile, Boat, or Aircraft. –
I. No person shall take or attempt to take wild birds or wild animals from a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile as defined in RSA 215-C:1, boat, aircraft or other craft propelled by mechanical power.
II. No person shall have or carry, in or on a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile, or aircraft, whether moving or stationary, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.
III. No person shall have in or on a boat or other craft while being propelled by mechanical power, or in a boat or other craft being towed by a boat or other craft propelled by mechanical power, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.
IV. The provisions of this section shall not apply to law enforcement officers carrying guns in the line of duty.