• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long did it take you to get your carry permit here in SC?

Tim77

Just wondering how long it took you to receive your permit after sending your paperwork out to SLED? I don't mean renewals but rather new permits. Thanks!

RK3369

SC permit time

took me 120 days, but I applied in May 2013. Last I heard it was down to around 90 days, maybe a little shorter.

RK3369

sounds like...........

Most of my students are reporting 35 to 45 days, occasionally 60 days. By law SLED has 90 days to send them out. Bill

well either that's a relatively new requirement, or they weren't in compliance when I applied. I was hoping for 90 days at the time but most folks I was hearing from were saying they were way over 90, more like what I saw at 120.

hp-hobo

FWIW and somewhat off topic, it took exactly two weeks to the day for my wife and I to receive our Arizona non-resident permits. It would have been quicker, but as so often happens, tracking shows that our applications languished in Columbia for three days. These in my opinion are the best way to go if you're only going to have one non-res permit...