• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how to fix walmart

hammer6

If someone was exercising any other fundamental right inside walmart, and walmart kicked them out it would be national news and a bad day for walmart.

Instead of "taking your money elsewhere", everyone that lives in an OC state should continue to shop at walmart, openly-carrying, and have someone there filming. And then publish it. The news media isn't going to show the law-abiding side of it, walmart isn't going to show the law-abiding side of it: we need to show it.

If everyone on this forum that lived in an OC state did so at walmart and filmed and published it on facebook, youtube, instagram, and twitter then there would be a case nationwide for the harassment of law-abiding citizens exercising a right.

But ya'll that want to "take your money elsewhere" are doing exactly what you're told, and are sheep just like the rest of them. You aren't doing anything wrong, so continue doing what you're doing. Else, go ahead and delete your account bro you're not needed on this forum.

That's exactly what PINAC is doing and more and more people are waking up to police injustice. If there's sooooo many of us open carrying in walmart without incident on a daily basis, there should be oodles of footage.

Start recording.

HLB

Yes, what to do is the question. First, I suppose we need to define what we want. I want to live my normal lawful life without others interrupting it to tell me how much they don't like me and my personal actions. I don't want to have to call my lawyer and spend money on a case when I have not violated the law. I don't want the tax payer paid police stopping me when I am doing nothing illegal.

Now, Walmart. Maybe a good first action would be to pick an offending Walmart and peacefully assemble a sufficiently large group in front of it. 30 open carriers should get news status. I will drive, say 3 hours, to participate. That covers most of Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and some of Tennessee. I could do more if we are going for maximum effort.

Boots on the ground do mean so much more than comments online.

I am #1.

HLB

hammer6

I didn't say anything about going to trial. If you carry and they ask you to leave, then leave. but record it. and post it. get the general public to see what's going on. Walmart makes waaayyyyyyy too much money to care about a small % of gun owners refusing to shop at their stores. What's that gonna cost them, a few million $ a year? chump change. write it off as an expense.

We've got to find a way to get the people that "don't care" to care.

Reactions: HLB

2a4all

I didn't say anything about going to trial. If you carry and they ask you to leave, then leave. but record it. and post it. get the general public to see what's going on. Walmart makes waaayyyyyyy too much money to care about a small % of gun owners refusing to shop at their stores. What's that gonna cost them, a few million $ a year? chump change. write it off as an expense.

We've got to find a way to get the people that "don't care" to care.
We're always talking about "self reliance". I think it's an admirable goal, and those who achieve it are to be commended.
But what about those who can't? Surely we don't expect them to languish in abject poverty. Should it be foisted upon them by their employer?

Walmart's business model actually depends on having a large number of their associates dependent on public assistance. Such dependence boosts Walmart's bottom line in two ways:
1) These low-wage employees are eligible for SNAP benefits in many states, and Walmart coaches them on how to apply.
2) Walmart has the largest share of SNAP sales in many states.
Taxpayer funds subsidize Walmart's payroll, and its gross sales, easing the sting of reduced revenue from cancelled firearms sales.

Forum rules require cites:
https://www.juancole.com/2014/03/business-requires-employees.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/clareo...-2-billion-in-public-assistance/#594b1e720b7e

https://books.google.com/books?id=e...loyees for public assistance benefits&f=false

Firearms Iinstuctor

My brother open carried in Wal-mart yesterday in Yuma AZ no trouble had his picture taken so he can write a article about it.

It should at Ammoland in the near future.

Wal-Mart wants it both ways they do not want to offend any customers.

I do not except for some very rare cases nothing well be said or done.

Wstar425

I open carried in Walmart yesterday and bought groceries. No issues, but I’m not sure anyone noticed other than the self checkout assist lady, who has seen me OC for three years.

Last Sunday on my weekly shopping I went to the competition in town, then took my receipt to Walmart while OC and had a nice talk with the manager. Said she was sorry about all this. They were not “enforcing” it. It’s a respectful request not a policy, to which I said I will respectfully say “No thanks”. Asked if they would call the Police on me if I shopped OC and she said not if you’re not a threat. Turned so she could see I was armed and asked if I was a threat, and she said, “ I wouldn’t consider you one”. Unasked and unanswered was what happens when a customer complains?

If I’m asked to leave I walk away from my cart no questions asked and walk out the door.

I don’t really like any of my options. Our only other choice is quite a bit more expensive, lower quality, and less selection. After thinking about it for a while, what really bothers me is they took away my choice (kind of) of a legal activity.

It appears that we will never grasp the idea that you can’t solve crime by putting more rules on people that follow the current laws.

I was armed with a Sig 226, not exactly a small, hard to notice firearm. We are in a rural, quite conservative, farming and hunting community. Your results may vary.

There were no signs anywhere about any of this on the store. But, short of just getting back from a three week vacation in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, I’m not quite sure how you could believably claim ignorance?

It would be fairly difficult to grow/raise all your own food in Wisconsin. Like most people, I like to eat. Similar to most small towns, this one had three or four grocery stores before Walmart, and now one other non competitive one. 35 miles to choices. Not much of a choice. I’m not really happy with any of my options, and still uncertain of my course of action.

Last edited:

FreedomVA

If someone was exercising any other fundamental right inside walmart, and walmart kicked them out it would be national news and a bad day for walmart.

Instead of "taking your money elsewhere", everyone that lives in an OC state should continue to shop at walmart, openly-carrying, and have someone there filming. And then publish it. The news media isn't going to show the law-abiding side of it, walmart isn't going to show the law-abiding side of it: we need to show it.

If everyone on this forum that lived in an OC state did so at walmart and filmed and published it on facebook, youtube, instagram, and twitter then there would be a case nationwide for the harassment of law-abiding citizens exercising a right.

But ya'll that want to "take your money elsewhere" are doing exactly what you're told, and are sheep just like the rest of them. You aren't doing anything wrong, so continue doing what you're doing. Else, go ahead and delete your account bro you're not needed on this forum.

That's exactly what PINAC is doing and more and more people are waking up to police injustice. If there's sooooo many of us open carrying in walmart without incident on a daily basis, there should be oodles of footage.

Start recording.

No, not sheep.....Wally won't sell anymore of the things i usually buy there, so i am taking my $$$ elsewhere, beside i rather not walk on eggshells when im spending my $$$ at a store that don't respect my rights, whom gave in like a lil biotch

hammer6

No, not sheep.....Wally won't sell anymore of the things i usually buy there, so i am taking my $$$ elsewhere, beside i rather not walk on eggshells when im spending my $$$ at a store that don't respect my rights, whom gave in like a lil biotch

ooohhhh...so Walmart is the only supplier of a commodity that does not respect your rights? Everyone else you spend your federal reserve note on truly respects your rights? All of them?

You're making my point. You're whining and complaining about it. Please tell me you can't be serious that the only dollars you spend at Walmart are on ammunition?

Continue to shop there, open carry, and make an issue of it. Freedom isn't "free". You have to exercise it against the resistance so that it gets stronger. Let more people know that monopoly on goods is openly aiding and abetting in the restriction of your freedoms. Why is Walmart "free" to exercise their freedom yet you're not "free" to exercise yours?

But yea, you go ahead and take your $1,000 elsewhere, that'll teach them to mess with YOUR freedom!

HLB

If we could pull together a sizable group which made the news, I think that would be more beneficial than individual actions, though those are very significant. Texas and Florida have pretty good open carry groups. There are 1st and 2nd amendment audit individuals and groups that post interaction videos, one in Tulsa I know and El Paso maybe. We could cooperate with them. I am not a native blogger, so maybe some of you guys or gals can organize. While I have videoed with a body camera off line, I have not done screaming video. I will have a look at PINAC. Who here has done streaming video? Any hints? Let us organize and do something.
HLB

FreedomVA

ooohhhh...so Walmart is the only supplier of a commodity that does not respect your rights? Everyone else you spend your federal reserve note on truly respects your rights? All of them?

You're making my point. You're whining and complaining about it. Please tell me you can't be serious that the only dollars you spend at Walmart are on ammunition?

Continue to shop there, open carry, and make an issue of it. Freedom isn't "free". You have to exercise it against the resistance so that it gets stronger. Let more people know that monopoly on goods is openly aiding and abetting in the restriction of your freedoms. Why is Walmart "free" to exercise their freedom yet you're not "free" to exercise yours?

But yea, you go ahead and take your $1,000 elsewhere, that'll teach them to mess with YOUR freedom!

"Walmart makes waaayyyyyyy too much money to care about a small % of gun owners refusing to shop at their stores. What's that gonna cost them, a few million $ a year? "

so by your theory, how would a small band of OC going to change Wally mind, if we are such a small %?

FYI,....i'm not a sheep....i'm a goat
"

Last edited:

hammer6

"Walmart makes waaayyyyyyy too much money to care about a small % of gun owners refusing to shop at their stores. What's that gonna cost them, a few million $ a year? "

so by your theory, how would a small band of OC going to change Wally mind, if we are such a small %?

FYI,....i'm not a sheep....i'm a goat
"

By continuing to shop there, openly carrying, utilizing the best weapon available: social media. Surely there's people out there sympathetic to freedom that don't sympathize with the open carry request that would change their tone if they see an abundance of peaceful, law-abiding citizens getting harassed for simply going about their business following the law.

hammer6

If we could pull together a sizable group which made the news, I think that would be more beneficial than individual actions, though those are very significant.

I think there should be no intent or focus to get on the news. It should totally be focused on getting views on social media. 1A and 2A auditors on YouTube are getting hundreds of thousands of views on their content. People pay attention.

HLB

I think there should be no intent or focus to get on the news. It should totally be focused on getting views on social media. 1A and 2A auditors on YouTube are getting hundreds of thousands of views on their content. People pay attention.
Ok for the public education end of it. I would still like the CEO's to be prodded a bit. I think the news would do that.
HLB

Ghost1958

Just keep OC at walmart and keep mouth shut. If asked to leave ,leave.

Trust there will be some soccer mom filming you after Wal-Mart's announcement.

hammer6

Ok for the public education end of it. I would still like the CEO's to be prodded a bit. I think the news would do that.
HLB

The news aren't going to do anything about it now, but if we focus our efforts on social media and it becomes the "trending topic", that's when the news media will get involved. And pick the side that agrees with public opinion.

OC for ME

The news aren't going to do anything about it now, but if we focus our efforts on social media and it becomes the "trending topic", that's when the news media will get involved. And pick the side that agrees with public opinion.
...trending on liberal run social media platforms...now that right there is funny...I don't care who you are...

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Remember, a corporation is nothing more than a stack of paper. The only person that can represent the corporation is its attorney. But with that said, first, corporations make decisions that they think will bolster their bottom line and keep their stock holders happy. Second, publicity. How will that publicity effect the bottom line. In other words, how to appease the protesters until the winds change.

The first problem is that some clueless employee doesn't understand the difference between request and mandate. Secondly, when a customer is arrested for trespass, for nothing more than shopping with his/her family, the company will side with the employee knowing the employee was wrong. I speak from experience.

Corporations will lie about anything to accomplish their goals.

When you go into one of these stores ask where their customer gun police is posted. They will look at you cross-eyed.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

One of Walmart's successful goals was/is to put small business out of business. This is where we come in, when we support small business it allows to those owners to offer their services to more than just us gun owners. Every time a small business goes down the tubes many people in the community are impacted. So while we alone cannot impact Walmart, Piggly Wiggly, IGA, local small shops, thrift stores can hurt Walmart in the same way Walmart did them, one slice at a time.

mnrobitaille

One of Walmart's successful goals was/is to put small business out of business. This is where we come in, when we support small business it allows to those owners to offer their services to more than just us gun owners. Every time a small business goes down the tubes many people in the community are impacted. So while we alone cannot impact Walmart, Piggly Wiggly, IGA, local small shops, thrift stores can hurt Walmart in the same way Walmart did them, one slice at a time.

Actually depending on the community, some small businesses get more business because of Walmart. I've noticed, in some situations, that the small business owner changed things up by offering goods/services that Walmart does not.

The small businesses that do shut down did not adjust to serve their customers wants/needs.

On another note, I OC'd in two different Walmarts yesterday & nothing was done/said.

FreedomVA

if each on of us don't spend our $$ monthly @ Wally.

(250,000) OC x $50/month =$12.5 (+3%/-3%) million Wally loose monthly in revenues

Last edited: