• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to get blacks to open carry??

cce1302

It seems your problem is that you make accusations without any explanation. Your attitude or approach presents a view that you have a problem with mainstream conservatives taking a stand against the far left, that being the group NBPP. But, you fail to acknowledge that conservatives also take issue with the far right, something the left refuses to do. The left embraces the far left, ANTIFA. They refuse to denounce the far left.

Before you give someone the benefit of the doubt, I suggest you look in the mirror before you throw stones.

No, I'm still on the topic of why black people don't open carry (more often). I know it makes you feel better to move the goal posts, but I'm not going to chase them around. It has nothing to do with the left's support of antifa, or the conservatives who take issue with the far right.

The only accusation I'm making is toward Limbaugh (I posted the link), and his type (noted in other posts), and their followers (see this thread for people who are defensive when you point out that behavior), who act the way they did toward black people who were carrying firearms and committed no crimes.

OC for ME

No, I'm still on the topic of why black people don't open carry (more often). ...
You alleging a behavior does not mean that all within your gaze are exhibiting your alleged behavior. You should take up your concerns with the citizen you accuse. Limbaugh's premise is/was illustrating the hypocrisy of the left.

OC for ME

You alleging a behavior does not mean that all within your gaze are exhibiting your alleged behavior. You should take up your concerns with the citizen you accuse. Limbaugh's premise is/was illustrating the hypocrisy of the left.
Why focus on only one demographic, the 2A is color blind. Why Limbaugh? He would not be the/a government official infringing on a citizen's 2A guarantee. What is your true agenda.

cce1302

I'm not alleging a behavior, I am continuing the conversation of "How to get blacks to open carry." I know it's hard to follow because the conversation went pretty far off track for a couple pages. One way that I think would encourage blacks to open carry is to not say things like "The New Black Panther Party has openly and willingly been photographed armed to the teeth looking very threatening and intimidating in the process. And the message is you better be voting for Stacey Abrams or there could be trouble." Plenty of loaded language in Limbaugh's monologue, but I don't see anything about hypocrisy of the left (though I'm sure he has mentioned it in other contexts).

Why focus on only one demographic, the 2A is color blind. Why Limbaugh? He would not be the/a government official infringing on a citizen's 2A guarantee. What is your true agenda.

I'm focusing on the demographic in the OP. And limbaugh, because he probably has the biggest audience of those who are outspoken against black people open carrying. Not sure what your question is about the government...I haven't been part of the discussion regarding whether the 2A applies to black people open carrying.

My true agenda is "Hey, maybe we should leave people alone if they're not committing a crime."

solus

No, I'm still on the topic of why black people don't open carry (more often). I know it makes you feel better to move the goal posts, but I'm not going to chase them around. It has nothing to do with the left's support of antifa, or the conservatives who take issue with the far right.

The only accusation I'm making is toward Limbaugh (I posted the link), and his type (noted in other posts), and their followers (see this thread for people who are defensive when you point out that behavior), who act the way they did toward black people who were carrying firearms and committed no crimes.

Since you have clarified your out of the blue post, please articulate your perspective, w/o being a rush head citing the 'formerly' years addicted savant, to 'why persons of color do not open carry' please include hispanics and natives in your tirade explaining your position for discussion amongst the forum's membership.

[BTW, if such disdain is shown over those media 'types', why do you listen?]

PS: the dance being done is nice!

Last edited:

cce1302

Since you have clarified your out of the blue post, please articulate your perspective, w/o being a rush head citing the 'formerly' years addicted savant, to 'why persons of color do not open carry' please include hispanics and natives in your tirade explaining your position for discussion amongst the forum's membership.

If you want to play, put the goalposts back.

solus

If you want to play, put the goalposts back.

I shall presume you do not have a perspective regarding the subject matter, nor an explaination why you listen to those media 'types', and therefore...

Please have a nice day!

cce1302

I shall presume you do not have a perspective regarding the subject matter, nor an explaination why you listen to those media 'types', and therefore...

Please have a nice day!

I shall presume you don't understand what a "logical fallacy" is and why I refuse to accommodate yours. (Also begging the question: do I actually listen to those media types?)

WalkingWolf

Please have a nice day!

I am going to guess there are some anger issues at play, frankly I can't understand what he is trying to get across. He is attempting to shame the wrong forum, history of postings has shown there is a clear acceptance on OCDO of all people who legally OC. There have been a few heated discussions how someone wears their clothing, and type, but those discussions had nothing to do with race, or sex, or authenticity.

gutshot II

I am going to guess there are some anger issues at play, frankly I can't understand what he is trying to get across. He is attempting to shame the wrong forum, history of postings has shown there is a clear acceptance on OCDO of all people who legally OC. There have been a few heated discussions how someone wears their clothing, and type, but those discussions had nothing to do with race, or sex, or authenticity.

WW, I think what he is trying to say is that most blacks listen to whatever Rush Limbaugh tells them and Rush didn't like the picture that was submitted and so blacks won't OC because Rush may not like it. It's all very confusing.

solus

WW, I think what he is trying to say is that most blacks listen to whatever Rush Limbaugh tells them and Rush didn't like the picture that was submitted and so blacks won't OC because Rush may not like it. It's all very confusing.

90506F75-7AC5-4EB3-A0EF-A3B1BDF5A413.jpeg

HP995

A few counter questions for thought:

1. Among any given population (such as U.S., state, or local) is Open Carry typically something the majority of people do?

2. Are so-called "people of color" (not my term) typically the most individualistic people when it comes to politics and issues like gun rights?

3. Do people (of any group) always answer truthfully and accurately when asked why they do or do not engage in an activity?

solus

Mob mentality, illustrated.

Dog gone it CCE, i suppose you finally figured the Forum out, as WW mentioned, our ‘mob’ discussions center on the trials/tribulations/interactions - LE & other citizens, and so forth of everyday citizen’s open carrying in their daily lives and activities as well as other points of interest along the way.

some members are active advocates within the community, both local/state/nationally, who are effective at assuring entities adhere to their statutory obligations, thus keeping despotic individual(s) from interjecting their personal biases on firearm carry as they abrogate established laws by putting up inappropriate signage, etc.

BB’s initial post was a brainstorm’g discussion starting point on the the subject on how this membership could, with actions we control and can facilitate, get another segment of OC’g participants actively carrying.

quote BB’s post 14:
Does anyone have any experience with such conversations, and better yet, does anyone know any local blacks who would be willing to OC with me? Unquote

As BB reported he did coordinate & facilitate a OC carry comprised of persons of color.

oh FYI Clay, Rush and other media heads had absolutely nothing to do with the event’s success.

Mob mentality, ya good choice of words.

OC for ME

Limbaugh stated the obvious regarding the NBPP.
One of the members can be heard saying afterward: “You need to march in your neighborhood. When we was [sic] in West Virginia, 99 percent crackers, stone cold crackers.” https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/04/black-panthers-stacey-abrams/
Handgun OC seems to be lawful in Georgia, the NBPP members depicted in the photo are not promoting handgun OC as OCDO encourages us to promote handgun OC. Given this premise, who is discouraging handgun OC in the black community, Limbaugh, the "we" you have referred to, or the NBPP.

... My true agenda is "Hey, maybe we should leave people alone if they're not committing a crime."
Our agenda should be to focus on the government, cops firstly, they are they only ones who will violate a citizen's right to OC/CC a handgun under the law. I certainly do not care how a citizen chooses to carry a handgun under the law, I certainly do care if the government is infringing on their/our 2A guarantee. We change attitudes towards the OCing of a properly holstered handgun by changing the laws at state house or changing the laws at the court house. When there is little to fear from government agents due to our lawful behavior, OCing a handgun will be a personal choice made by all citizens who are interested in exercising their 2A guarantee based on their individual criteria, not on mine, and certainly not on the government's.

Many folks in my little town have little interest in apparently law abiding citizen's OCing a handgun, regardless of their skin color. If they even notice the OC'd handgun in the first place. The cops in my little town are likewise disinterested in visibly lawful behavior. This I believe is the desired "communal attitude" that all carriers seek from their public servants and their neighbors. Once this communal attitude is the norm, how a citizen chooses to carry, if they choose to carry, is none of our business.

OC for ME

... Our agenda should be to focus on the government, cops firstly, they are they only ones who will violate a citizen's right to OC/CC a handgun under the law. ...
Sadly.
A black security guard caught a shooting suspect — only to be shot by police minutes later

The death of Jemel Roberson shows that black men aren’t allowed to be the good guy with a gun.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2018...erson-police-shooting-security-guard-illinois
Limbaugh and those "we" folks you refer to are not the source of the black communities caution regarding the OC of a properly holstered handgun.

While the conclusion above is not true everywhere it certainly is not false anywhere.

solus

Sadly. Limbaugh and those "we" folks you refer to are not the source of the black communities caution regarding the OC of a properly holstered handgun.

While the conclusion above is not true everywhere it certainly is not false anywhere.

The small NC community population of 124K citizens where i hang my hat is comprised of 53% Caucasians, 32% Black, 12% Hispanic with 20% poverty rate.

That demographic stated, even I worry about the LE agencies in my community reaction when I run into them while I OC in the community or their reaction when I encounter them during traffic stop or Checkpoint.

[Clay, a sidebar, got stopped at 2300L at an out of the way dark 'license plate' checkpoint. Singular black deputy asked to see my license plate, before i could say a word after stopping, I was immediately asked to get out of the vehicle and accompany him to look at my license. So I did, sidearm on hip! Wasn't til on the way back to the cab did the deputy see my firearm and put his hand on his service pistol and demanded me to 1) hand over the firearm for his safety; 2) see my concealed permit! At which point I calmly informed him I do not need to show him my permit as i was open carrying (doesn't need any type of permit) as well as informed him by his actions to demand i immediately get out of my vehicle precluded my informing him i was armed, and since he only asked to see my license plate, which was accomplished, was i free to leave? Thankfully, a gruff voice from the shadows bellowed out, STAND DOWN DEPUTY! SIR YOU ARE FREE TO GET IN AND LEAVE! which i did!]

But remember this state is the only state in the Union where citizen's arrest is not a statutory item due in fact to long ago statutes enacted during a period where all NC's citizens did not have equality.

While I am a transplant and after a decade here still not accepted as a 'good olde boy' I can unequivocally state ethnic bias is alive and well on both sides of the color barrier!

As OC for ME points out, RushHeads, et al., have had nothing to do with the biases here in my little part of the Rural Religious Eastern NC.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I don't think there's any reasonable or rational purpose in trying to "get" someone to participate.

If you'd like to let everyone know they're welcome, simply include a Notice of Non-Discrimination at the end of any posts, flyers, or other advertisements for various group events:

Notice of Non-Discrimination: We do not, on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, or familial status, discriminate against persons participating in our programs, services or activities.