• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I love Guns and Coffee counter Protest 2-14-12 at a Starbucks near you!

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
starbuckstable.jpg

va_tazdad

Yet another "non" event

That's a pretty cool gesture. Be curious to hear how many drinks you end up buying. :banana:

Sent using Tapatalk

Was at the Oxbridge store from 745-830. Bought $30 worth of coffee and had many smiles and thank you's and a few good conversations.

No anti's showed, but the employees enjoyed the deal and laughed about the boycott. Business was busy as usual.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, no, that's the point... if a boycott is successful, then nobody shows up to buy coffee... hence the use of the double negative...

But it loses all its fun if you have to explain it! :p

TFred

Missed the irony intended - sorry.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The Monthly dinner is tonight so we're leaving early and stopping at a Starbucks in Soccer Mom Central on the way.

Steeler-gal

Landstown Commons in Virginia Beach was apparently not effected by the boycott. At 0730 this morning they were doing a BRISK business and either did not notice or did not care that I was OC. Neither did anybody else. I left a "GSL" sticker on the cup-insulator dispenser and then went down the road to the BWW and made a little photo op:

View attachment 7954

Cute pic but ....
Dude leaving that sticker there is totally uncool. It kinda makes gun supporters look like the asshats and not the other way around. Thanks :/

Sent using Tapatalk

DJEEPER

Purchased my cup-o-joe today on my way back from work... XDm on the hip. (No AR unfortunately ;) )

I tipped the baristas and asked if they had heard about the protest from the anti-gun folks. He said yes, but business was as normal (if not busier). He said that a few of the people on the pro2a group already came in throughout the day.

:D

Take that anti's!

PistolPackingMomma

Stopped by our local Starbucks for a large coffee and some goodies. Tipped the barista, but did not mention the boycott. They were pretty slow :( Hopefully I just missed the rush :)

USNA69

I went to the Starbucks on Colley Ave in Norfolk. It was a non-event. I was OCing, and the Starbucks employee saw it quickly enough. I said that I appreciated that Starbucks follows state law concerning guns. I told him that I was putting $2 in the tip containing in recognition of the 2nd Amendment. If I understood correctly, I think that the employee was against guns, but I could be wrong. His wording was a bit cryptic.

Glenn

This might come as a surprise, but Ghent is not known as a hotbed of 2A rights supporters. The mere sight of your firearm probably had him speaking in Tongues.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
[video=youtube;BDViTvon1c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDViTvon1c0[/video]

lol, "controversy" "came to a head". How dramatic.

Oh, and lol at Starbucks giving News 4 the same boilerplate letter they sent all of us. Funniest thing I've seen all week.

Last edited: