• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I now understand why Texans like to carry such small guns

SovereignAxe

Aside from the fact that they have to conceal carry, it's the heat!

Anyone here knows we're having an oppressive heat wave that's broken multiple records. The first day of the heat wave, Thursday, I was at work in an air conditioned hospital all day freezing my butt off. The second day, Friday, I open carried to one place-Adavance Auto-to buy some R-134a to recharge my car's AC (which helped tremendously). After that I drove to a friend's house in NC where I disarmed for two reasons-it was just too hot and I was going to drinking...relatively heavily.

When I took off my Serpa I noticed a distinctly wet sweat spot on my hip where it had been. What I would have given for a tiny little mouse gun like the LCP!

I don't mind carrying a full size service weapon in hot weather, but in record breaking heat it is quite uncomfortable. So I can see why someone that deals with this kind of heat on a regular basis would want a much smaller, lighter handgun.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They should make it a law in Texas that police can only carry in the same manner that citizens can. Watch and see how fast open carry gets passed in Texas after that.