• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think I may have touched a nerve... (or how I gots robbed)

darthmord

Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. We took my car which had proudly carried the bright orange GSL magnet.

I say had because when we parked, the magnet was there on my trunk lid (I drive a Saturn Wagon).

When we came out in the late afternoon to leave the park, we had a bit of trouble finding the car. We couldn't see the magnet. We found my car and sure enough, the magnet was gone.

I suspect that it may have touched a nerve and someone felt the need to squelch my ability to post messages on my car.

Yes, you read that right. Someone stole my Orange GSL magnet from my car. My only hope is that whoever took it will use it proudly. I doubt that is the case but one can hope.

On the plus side, my wife's van still has her GSL magnet.

beachpatriot13

Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. We took my car which had proudly carried the bright orange GSL magnet.

I say had because when we parked, the magnet was there on my trunk lid (I drive a Saturn Wagon).

When we came out in the late afternoon to leave the park, we had a bit of trouble finding the car. We couldn't see the magnet. We found my car and sure enough, the magnet was gone.

I suspect that it may have touched a nerve and someone felt the need to squelch my ability to post messages on my car.

Yes, you read that right. Someone stole my Orange GSL magnet from my car. My only hope is that whoever took it will use it proudly. I doubt that is the case but one can hope.

On the plus side, my wife's van still has her GSL magnet.

where do you get your car serviced?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Last Friday, my wife & I went up to Water Country USA to spend a relaxing day at the park without the kids. .

Check with Water Country. I bet that they have cameras on the parking lot. Its only a magnet and the value is nominal, but I am a stickler for things like that. I would get the plate of the car that the thief got into and hunt him down and put a petty larceny charge in his pocket. I can be an ass sometimes, but crap like that pisses me off.

A few years ago, someone at Maymont didn't like my business and they keyed my truck door and company magnet. If I ever caught them.....

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Drive through type car washes will blow the magnet signs off the vehicle too.

Don't forget to remove them first and reinstall them afterward.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Drive through type car washes will blow the magnet signs off the vehicle too.

Don't forget to remove them first and reinstall them afterward.

A friend of mine got her's stolen at Champps. Another friend thought that I PERSONALLY STOLE THEM in order to resell them:rolleyes: but that is not the case.

I have some still.. but I don't know that I will make more. if more are to be made, I think VCDL might do it.

www.edsmags.com

MSC 45ACP

Wouldn't put it past the anti's. They can be like rabid dogs sometimes. Some of you know what the back of my car looks like. I enjoy watching the facial expressions of the Anti's & Obama lovers as they read my rolling billboard. Some of them get so pissed off, they have to go around me and cut me off. Others just go around me. A special FEW get beside me just to flip me off. I especially LOVE those folks. I know I've hit a nerve then!

45acpForMe

Wouldn't put it past the anti's. They can be like rabid dogs sometimes. Some of you know what the back of my car looks like. I enjoy watching the facial expressions of the Anti's & Obama lovers as they read my rolling billboard. Some of them get so pissed off, they have to go around me and cut me off. Others just go around me. A special FEW get beside me just to flip me off. I especially LOVE those folks. I know I've hit a nerve then!

I believe my "rolling billboard" is just as political/moral as yours and I have yet to have any negative comments. About once a week (today included) I get positive feedback from someone. I have had people pull up next to me on the highway, at stop lights and give me the thumbs up or say they like my bumper stickers. Luckily I have never had any of mine stolen (including the two VCDL round magnets).

Before the last presidential election, my ex-wife and her friend removed my Palin/McCain magnet and were planning on gluing an Obama sticker over it and putting it back on. My daughter and I noticed it missing right away and talked about who would steal a sticker like that. My daughter was actually quite upset that someone would take something off our car to the point my ex-wife finally fess-ed up saying how funny it was. :mad:

The good news is they are fairly cheap and easy to put back on. I like the magnetic stickers rather than actually sticking glue on my paint. The only problem is there are alot of "plastic" parts on cars these days so I am running out of places to put magnetic ones. :)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
Watch for the antis to become more and more vicious as they see they continue to lose ground. After the next election, many of them will have to be put on suicide watch.

darthmord

where do you get your car serviced?

Not sure how it's pertinent but I go to the local Saturn dealership down on Laskin Road. I was told it's closing soon (can't use the name much longer) and all their people & operations will be moved to their old Chesapeake location.

But for everyone else, I did have the magnet on the car when we got out of the vehicle at WCUSA (remember, I use it as a car finding tool). When I looked at the spot where the magnet was at, I saw some smudging along the top side of the spot. Someone came up and took the magnet off. Apparently they had some trouble doing so too.

vt800c

Someone came up and took the magnet off. Apparently they had some trouble doing so too.

Maybe they wanted to promote the idea on their OWN car, and didn't know how or where to get their own. Let's hope that is the case, and they 'man up' to the act.

beachpatriot13

Not sure how it's pertinent but I go to the local Saturn dealership down on Laskin Road. I was told it's closing soon (can't use the name much longer) and all their people & operations will be moved to their old Chesapeake location.

But for everyone else, I did have the magnet on the car when we got out of the vehicle at WCUSA (remember, I use it as a car finding tool). When I looked at the spot where the magnet was at, I saw some smudging along the top side of the spot. Someone came up and took the magnet off. Apparently they had some trouble doing so too.

were still open think i have seen your car around here with the magnet on it. i work in the shop. stop in and say hi next time your there. btw my name is josh.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm surprised they don't walk off more often.
I'll bet I've given away 50 of the pins. Everyone wants one. The camera woman for Channel 8 even got one from me and she's borderline anti.

wylde007

I thought I heard Saturn was going out of business and not making cars anymore.
That's not a rumour. There are no "new" Saturns being built.

However, GM has claimed that all outstanding warranties and service will still be available, so Saturn-qualified service techs could still be in demand, at least for the immediately foreseeable future.

I understand they estimate enough OEM parts in inventory to get them through about 5-7 years.

But don't quote me on that last part.:D