• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho is boring

OC Freedom

Everyday I open carry here in the Boise area, going about my business and nothing happens. I mean that no one says anything negative about my firearm, the police are not called, I'm not asked to leave the store, its just plain boring. I LOVE BORING!

OC for ME

Everyday I open carry here in the Boise area, going about my business and nothing happens. I mean that no one says anything negative about my firearm, the police are not called, I'm not asked to leave the store, its just plain boring. I LOVE BORING!
Buy a ugly gun.....or a Glock. ;)

DocWalker

I carry all over Idaho also, over the last 5-6 years I have had only two negative encounters.

1. Nampa Bowling alley.....was there for an hour before they noticed and asked me to put it in my car. I said I would just leave and have never gone back.

2. Denny's by the airport about 1 am, a guy asked me why I needed a gun? He wasn't from Idaho he was driving back to Portland in his subaru to go hug a tree.

Other than that most people in Idaho I have run across are armed also they just CC.

OC Freedom

I carry all over Idaho also, over the last 5-6 years I have had only two negative encounters.

1. Nampa Bowling alley.....was there for an hour before they noticed and asked me to put it in my car. I said I would just leave and have never gone back.

2. Denny's by the airport about 1 am, a guy asked me why I needed a gun? He wasn't from Idaho he was driving back to Portland in his subaru to go hug a tree.

Other than that most people in Idaho I have run across are armed also they just CC.

Glad to hear that your experiences have been mostly boring. I would call only two negative encounters in 5 to 6 years a success.

F350

Unlike here on Colorado's western slope. Last summer the wife and I would hit the weekly farmers market (me OCing) and I couldn't get through it without at least 1 person stopping me............ to thank me for carrying :lol:

Jeff Hayes

I am house hunting in North Idaho, we looked at 4 different houses last week, everyone of them had a gun safe, 3 of them had what appeared to be loaded pistols in plain sight. My favorite was the Ruger Redhawk hanging on the headboard in a cowboy style holster.

I have OCed all over Idaho with out incident for years boring is good.

carracer

The only place I have been kicked out of was a Cowboy Fast Draw contest in Idaho City. I was sitting in the bleachers as a spectator and one of the Idaho City club members to me I couldn't have my loaded gun there. He freaked out and nearly fell over leaving when he saw it was in condition 1.

SovereigntyOrDeath

The only place I have been kicked out of was a Cowboy Fast Draw contest in Idaho City. I was sitting in the bleachers as a spectator and one of the Idaho City club members to me I couldn't have my loaded gun there. He freaked out and nearly fell over leaving when he saw it was in condition 1.

Now that would have been priceless to see!

Is there any other condition to carry in?

OCC1 all the way!