• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IdealConceal - is it fake?

Liberty-or-Death

I can't believe the 380 Derringer designed to look like a smart phone, said to be released in 2016, is a real product.

gun1.png

I have my suspicions, and I've searched the web, but have seen very little about it. Anyone else thinking this is completely bogus?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I can't believe the 380 Derringer designed to look like a smart phone, said to be released in 2016, is a real product.

I have my suspicions, and I've searched the web, but have seen very little about it. Anyone else thinking this is completely bogus?
Snopes says it is real.
http://www.snopes.com/cell-phone-pistol-alert/

There is also the Taurus Curve
http://http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-look/taurus-curve-380-pistol/

There was also the Downsizer - Skidmark had one until he got an offer he could not refuse.

More pictures of Skid's Downsizer on this breakfast thread.
.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?80525-Greater-Richmond-OC-Breakfast-9-30AM-Sat-9-11-IHOP-Midlo-Tpke-next-to-State-Police&highlight=downsizer.

Last edited:

Liberty-or-Death

Snopes doesn't say it's real. They say it's false that "it's designed by criminals to fool police". Notice how they didn't say who DID design it?

My question is not whether the gun is real as much as the whole website and enterprise?

Why would an anti makes a website promoting a gun that LEO' would fear and could get you killed by a LEO? It's almost a joke, a farce, even a HOAX!

How is it that a small-time salesman, insurance adjuster, pot-hole filler, and owner of a Minnesota trailer park that promotes gun control on his FB page also the one behind the concept of this product?

Why are the only two reviews on their website (5 stars by the way) from Brian J and Jake K, also from Minnesota? And how did they get to "review" it?

The site says it's patent pending, but I found nothing when doing a patent search.

Why have there been no press conferences or press releases? Why doesn't the website have any real contact information like a name, address, or phone number? Why aren't they taking pre-orders or asking for investors?

It all smells fishy.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Why would an anti makes a website promoting a gun that LEO' would fear and could get you killed by a LEO? It's almost a joke, a farce, even a HOAX

You really don't know the answer to your own question.

Anti's lie and make stuff up all the time to promote their cause.

If they can stir the pot just a little bit in favor of control they score.

Shovelhead

It would also give an officer a valid excuse when he shoots someone that the investigation reveals was only holding a cellphone.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It would also give an officer a valid excuse when he shoots someone that the investigation reveals was only holding a cellphone.
Don't see that as a "valid excuse."

The Case of the Phone Case.
Oh and just one more thing (in best Columbo voice) - how does a fully enclosed cell phone in a cell phone case, look more like a gun in a look-alike cell phone case than a real cell phone in a cell phone case?

Last edited:

Shovelhead

Don't see that as a "valid excuse."

The Case of the Phone Case.
Oh and just one more thing (in best Columbo voice) - how does a fully enclosed cell phone in a cell phone case, look more like a gun in a look-alike cell phone case than a real cell phone in a cell phone case?

I'm thinking someone with a phone in their HAND, not in a case.

Attachments

• gun2.png
    gun2.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm thinking someone with a phone in their HAND, not in a case.

Acknowledged. I was jus' extrapolating.

Officer safety can be a matter of accelerating a might-be risk to an immennent/now risk in the officer's eyes.

Last edited: