• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IL-ANNOY Political memes

CJ4wd

Things to remember about this governor -
He cheated on his property taxes by removing the toilets in his mansion in C(r)ook County;
He has used his "emergency powers" (every 30 days) for over 2/3 of his tenure;
He has only delayed the gas tax AND the sales tax on food - they'll be back after the mid-terms.
And EVERYBODY in Illinois should pay special attention to the elections in November. Just like government employees are currently "enshrined" in the State's Constitution (part of the reason we are in such dire financial straights), Amendment 1 will do much the same for certain unions, allowing them to virtually dictate to the ILGA what they will be paid with little recourse for legislators to oppose them.
Vote -
VOTE - VOTE !!!
Gas Tax 1.jpgGas tax 2.jpgPritzker.jpgPowers.jpg

CJ4wd

Here are some more about "Jelly Belly".

Foreclosures.jpg

Louder.jpg

As for the gas tax "reprieve", he has only delayed it 6 months ( to 1/1/23) which means there will be TWO gas tax increases next year with the second being July 1st. That will put the tax at over $0.41/gal.
Some reprieve.

JTHunter2

Gotta keep this going - - - ;)
God help us if "Amendment 1" goes through. It is estimated that in just 4 years, property taxes would go up over $2,100 !!!
The unions that would benefit the most by this "boondoggle" are the GOVERNMENT unions. Almost no "private sector" unions would benefit from this. They would actually be hurt because of large companies like Boeing and Cat thast are leaving this state.
Read it for yourselves - - -

Fly away.jpgRising boats.jpgPensions.jpgRecovering.jpg

Last edited:

CJ4wd

Here are some more.

CTU.jpg

Emergency Powers.jpg

Over 75% of "Jabba's" reign has been under these emergency powers. It allows him to "dictate" to the state and do an end run around the State legislators.

JTHunter2

Considering recent bills passed by the "legislators", this is appropriate. If I didn't know better, I would think "Jabba" is taking cues on how to increase his "lunacy" by taking tips from the likes of Newsom and AOC.

Wrong Way.jpg