• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IL & WI Open Carry get together in Beloit - Sun Mar 21 - Be there!!

SAK

imported post

The event will be to celebrate Illinois and Wisconsin working together for Right to Carry. It will also be a general opportunity for members of various groups, discussion boards, etc to meet one another.

I'd like all groups to have representatives down there with their banners like the ones we had up in Sussex/Waukesha.

What: Open Carry litter cleanup and friendly gathering
When: Sunday March 21[sup]st[/sup] – starts at 12:30 PM
Where: Meeting at Armstrong-Eddy Park in Beloit, Wisconsin (Intersection of South Riverside Drive and Valley Road)
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=armstrong+eddy+park+beloit&fp=1

Litter cleanup along Riverside Rd (we will stay outside of school zones and mark them off). We will also be picking up litter in the park and depending on time possibly sticks/leaves. If you can bring a rake, you should do so just-in-case. Local police have been very friendly and helpful and have worked with us to ensure a fun and safe event for everyone. The township has also given us the OK on the road/park cleanup and is providing reflective vests/bags/etc.

Bring the whole family and come out for a fun event! Beloit is right on the IL/WI border just north of Rockford and is a very short drive for anyone in northern Illinois!! Don’t miss out on the first major event of Illinois and Wisconsin firearms owners working together to better our communities.

Open carry is highly encouraged but not required of course. If you’ve never open carried, check out our forum and talk to other people. No permit, no license, nothing is required to open carry in Wisconsin except a pistol and a holster – make sure both are totally exposed at all times and never concealed. Keep your gun unloaded and in a case and out of reach while driving in Wisconsin – do not open carry in a vehicle. When you arrive at the park you can load up and holster your sidearm.

Dinner after event: We will be having dinner at an open carry friendly establishment in Beloit. The location of the dinner after the event is to-be-announced.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be there and may be able to bring one other open carry person. Let's get this going!:celebrate

Mlutz

imported post

The Tomah thing is that day, so I kow I cant make it.

SAK

imported post

We're planning on cleaning up (litter pickup) on Riverside Drive. We will meet at Armstrong-Eddy park along the river. We'll meet at 12:00 or 12:30. Then split up into groups and clean up Riverside drive and meet back at the park and clean up the park.

We could use some vests.

We're also going to make signs advertising the open carry cleanup. We may designate one or two volunteer "flagger" types to stand alongside the road and hold the signs. This was an idea of one of our members - rather than just do it it would be helpful to let people know WHAT we're doing and how to look us up on the web too.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

SAK wrote:
We're planning on cleaning up (litter pickup) on Riverside Drive. We will meet at Armstrong-Eddy park along the river. We'll meet at 12:00 or 12:30. Then split up into groups and clean up Riverside drive and meet back at the park and clean up the park. ....
Just a heads-up, Shaun, it looks like the 1000' GFSZ from Beloit Memorial H.S. extends all the way across the river to the West side of Riverside Drive, encompassing much of the park. Better check it out a little more closely.

Dave

SAK

imported post

That's correct, Dave. The "Riverside Park" which is the large park right in the middle of town on the river is mostly covered by school zones. So we have scratched this park off of our itinerary.

However, "Armstrong-Eddy Park" is north of this one and as accurately as we can tell away from all school zones. Unless there's a hidden school somewhere not showing up on Google we are OK :)

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...dy+park&hnear=beloit&cid=13434010654876695669

blaze

imported post

Armstrong-Eddy park is the property of Town of Beloit, not the city. Different police Dept. and probably different park regs as the townshiphas it's own code written.

SAK

imported post

To answer the above question, the township PD has been contacted and is working with us just as the city ones are. The township itself has also been contacted and I have been told that no permit is required for this activity, and they will provide the equipment like vests/bags that we need :)

What: Open Carry litter cleanup and friendly gathering
When: Sunday March 21[sup]st[/sup] – starts at 12:30 PM
Where: Meeting at Armstrong-Eddy Park in Beloit, Wisconsin (Intersection of South Riverside Drive and Valley Road)
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=armstrong+eddy+park+beloit&fp=1

Litter cleanup along Riverside Rd (we will stay outside of school zones and mark them off). We will also be picking up litter in the park and depending on time possibly sticks/leaves. If you can bring a rake, you should do so just-in-case. Local police have been very friendly and helpful and have worked with us to ensure a fun and safe event for everyone. The township has also given us the OK on the road/park cleanup and is providing reflective vests/bags/etc.

Bring the whole family and come out for a fun event! Beloit is right on the IL/WI border just north of Rockford and is a very short drive for anyone in northern Illinois!! Don’t miss out on the first major event of Illinois and Wisconsin firearms owners working together to better our communities.

Open carry is highly encouraged but not required of course. If you’ve never open carried, check out our forum and talk to other people. No permit, no license, nothing is required to open carry in Wisconsin except a pistol and a holster – make sure both are totally exposed at all times and never concealed. Keep your gun unloaded and in a case and out of reach while driving in Wisconsin – do not open carry in a vehicle. When you arrive at the park you can load up and holster your sidearm.

Dinner after event: We will be having dinner at an open carry friendly establishment in Beloit. The location of the dinner after the event is to-be-announced.

SAK

imported post

Bump. Confirmed members from Wisconsin Carry, OCDO, and ICarry. I wonder what other groups will appear in support of working together even across state lines.

And how many people can we get near the border in downtown Beloit to show that Right to Carry is here? :D

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

:banghead: I won't be able to make it after all! Wisconsin Carry has a meeting that same day in Tomah. I will be going to our meeting in Tomah instead. Sorry! I wish I could do both. Is it too late to change the date?

SAK

imported post

Beloit news is doing a pre-story to let everyone know about the event before it happens!! This is going to bring a lot more people out - perhaps some more OCers and perhaps a lot of people who just want to come out to see what we're all about!!!

w000000t!

Passive101

imported post

I'll find out tonight what my schedule is like for that day. I'm most likely working, but if I'm not I'll surely be there!

scorpio_vette

imported post

not sure if i'll be able to make it yet or not. anybody from the milwaukee/cudahy area going??? any chance i could catch a ride???