• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

illegally concealed vs permissible carry

KS_to_CA

imported post

Code:
[i]626.9(a) This section shall be known, and may be cited, as the
Gun-Free School Zone Act of 1995.
(c) Subdivision (b)  does not apply to the possession of a firearm
under any of the following circumstances:
(2) When the firearm is an unloaded pistol, revolver, or other
firearm capable of being concealed on the person and is in a [b]locked
container[/b] OR within the locked trunk of a motor vehicle.
[/i]

So if one is to pick up their kid from school and he/she has an unloaded pistol
inside his/her knapsack with the zipper secured with a lock - padlock, combination
lock, etc., is it permissible carry?

My apologies if this had been addressed before, I just can't find one.

Army

imported post

LastVeterans Day, I went with a Korea Vet to 4 local elementary schools to tell our tales, and try to communicate and educate about the wars we were in.

First three schools were regular K-6public, the last was a private K-8 Catholic school.

Firstpublic school was adament that no weapons of any nature would be brought to the school. They even hesitated about my wearing all myIBA and assorted gear, saying it would give the children the wrongimpression about war (Soldier in gear is a wrong impression about war...what?). Second school also was adament about weapons, but not about all my gear. Thirdpractically peed their pants when Itold them I could bring all my personal weaponry, battle gear, and facepaint.....nooooooooooooo, that would not be OK. The kids in these schools asked over and over where my gun was, and how many people did I kill. The Principal and teachers were rather sweaty nervous wrecks while we were talking to the classes.

The Catholic school not only thought my gear was cool, but insisted that I bring my weapons and paint up. The teachers couldn't wait to get us in their classes, and the female Principal led me about by hand to all the classrooms. The kids went nuts with hundreds ofquestions....but not one asked about body counts. We have been invited to speak as often as we want.

Go figure.

nukechaser

imported post

Bittersweet, Army!

public schools = dumbing down and liberal/anti-gun

private schools = great education and open mindedness

No wonder so many parents want to pull their kids out of public school and get them into private/charter schools.

I do not know of many public schools with a waiting list to get in, but I know of many private schools that do.